Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Price hike

Options
  • 26-02-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I run a small business for the last 4 years exporting mostly worldwide.
    What used to cost me €5 last weekend to ship to the states will now cost me €7 per item due to the An Post price hike. Its a poster in a tube, 95gramms. This is also the 4th price hike in 4 years and what used to cost me €3.50 4 years ago has now doubled in price.

I cant see many people spending €7 postage costs so will have to take the extra €2 hit. Does anyone know any other postal systems in Ireland that could cater for these items? Ive tried a few couriers but their prices are way too high. Are we stuck with An Post monopoly in this country? Is there something Im missing here?:confused:

The same item shipped from the UK to the US is £3.90.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Tubes jumped up in the UK too lot more expensive now than a couple of months ago. There was some sort of adjustment to the measurement so they started going as medium package instead was very annoying.

Just way the nature of it you have to pass it on at some point though. We changed our shipping some people have the option to fold into quarter size or send in a tube and despite the hike everyone still goes with the tube option and not really seen a drop off in orders.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Have you thought about fulfilling from local 3PL's / Fulfillment centers?

Hi all

I run a small business for the last 4 years exporting mostly worldwide.
    What used to cost me €5 last weekend to ship to the states will now cost me €7 per item due to the An Post price hike. Its a poster in a tube, 95gramms. This is also the 4th price hike in 4 years and what used to cost me €3.50 4 years ago has now doubled in price.

I cant see many people spending €7 postage costs so will have to take the extra €2 hit. Does anyone know any other postal systems in Ireland that could cater for these items? Ive tried a few couriers but their prices are way too high. Are we stuck with An Post monopoly in this country? Is there something Im missing here?:confused:

The same item shipped from the UK to the US is £3.90.

Advertisement