Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest and Google Home Mini for new customer

Options
  • 26-02-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Myself and my partner are currently closing on a house and will be moving in a couple of days. I have a couple of queries regarding the Nest offers. Firstly, if I sign up for the Nest offer at this link, does this plan come with the Google Home Mini?

https://www.electricireland.ie/switch/new-customer/price-plans/nest-thermostat?priceType=N&pricePlanId=0#smartheatingtabs

If not, if I sign up to the cashback offer for example, could I then go to the Nest offer page and buy the 130E Nest/Mini deal after we're setup to avail of this? Obviously just taking the Nest offer with a Google Home in the first place would be preferred.

Finally, how much longer will these deals be active? Hopefully we can get a meter reading and order before the end of February but we're not certain yet.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi brainiac,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

You can actually sign up for the whole lot together (bonus credit, Nest smart/learning thermostat for €130, free Google Home Mini) on the following page of the Electric Ireland website: https://www.electricireland.ie/switch

This offer will be available throughout March also.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Hi Una,

That's great thanks! Having never been electric / gas customers before how do we go about getting an MPRN / GPRN? Will it be written on the meters or will we simply supplied with a new one? Or is there some other process entirely?

Thanks again for the quick response :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi brainiac,

Thanks for your post.

You are very welcome - we're happy to help.

A property's MPRN and GPRN remain the same at all times (they do not change according to provider). Unfortunately they are not on the meters, they are only available to customers on bills and letters. We recommend requesting them from the previous owner through the auctioneer/property agency. If possible, check which provider the property is currently registered with also.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement