Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to cancel

• 26-02-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Iv been trying to cancel my new Eir contract for well over a month now. Initially myself and my wife tried multiple times via phone to cancel but unfortunately nobody answered the phone. My son did try to sort out our issue over this world wide website (Kettlegrey) with an Eir representative called Andre however as he isn’t the registered account holder he couldn’t get it sorted. So here I am having registered on this website. Can you please contact me as this is causing myself and my wife particular angst.

Kind regards,

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

tmarrugh wrote: »
    Hi, Iv been trying to cancel my new Eir contract for well over a month now. Initially myself and my wife tried multiple times via phone to cancel but unfortunately nobody answered the phone. My son did try to sort out our issue over this world wide website (Kettlegrey) with an Eir representative called Andre however as he isn’t the registered account holder he couldn’t get it sorted. So here I am having registered on this website. Can you please contact me as this is causing myself and my wife particular angst.

Kind regards,

T
    Hi tmarrugh, 

We are unable to process account cancellations through social media. 

You can find information on how to cancel your account here

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tmarrugh

Is this a joke Grainne ? How am I supposed to cancel - should I sit on the phone line for hours without answer or send you a letter which will definitely get lost on your end ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is this a joke Grainne ? How am I supposed to cancel - should I sit on the phone line for hours without answer or send you a letter which will definitely get lost on your end ?
    Registered post is the only way, an post will ensure it doesn't get lost and you have a record of it being delivered. 
    Cancel the direct debit 30 days after you get confirmation that they have received your letter. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I'm having the same problem cancelling.  I rang up in January and cancelled the contract but I have no record of this call, so I can't prove this.  Conveniently for eir  there is no email address that a customer can use, so we have a record of the communication.  I have spent 90 minutes on phone today, having been passed on from one person to cancellations.
    And according to Comreg, they won't discuss until  I have registered a complaint with eir, which I can't do because the phones are not been answered.
    Absolute BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi tmarrugh, 

At the moment the only way that you can cancel your account is to speak to an agent in our loyalty team or by posting the letter. 

I understand there are long wait times for customers getting through to this team and my sincere apologies for this. 

Grainne 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

a_ominous wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem cancelling.  I rang up in January and cancelled the contract but I have no record of this call, so I can't prove this.  Conveniently for eir  there is no email address that a customer can use, so we have a record of the communication.  I have spent 90 minutes on phone today, having been passed on from one person to cancellations.
    And according to Comreg, they won't discuss until  I have registered a complaint with eir, which I can't do because the phones are not been answered.
    Absolute BS.
    Hi a_ominous

Could you pm me the following details and I will look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Regards

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Save yourself a lot of grief:

Get a a copy of your last bill by:
    Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:

Eir
    Account cancellation Team,

Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tmarrugh

Will do tonight - thanks Bronson. My own opinion on Eir is that they shouldn’t be allowed to continue selling products until they have their customer care sorted. What will Comreg do ...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Realistically, it's probably cheaper for Eir to take any fine conreg give than actually sort the customer care problems quickly.

Hopefully enough people complain to comreg so they do take notice & can see just how frustrating it is to deal with eir as an end customer at the moment.

Eir should have kept the same service in place until after they had all staff trained up. Only then cut the outsourced customer care.

All handled very badly by Eir & will end up causing long term damage to the companies reputation going forward.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Save yourself a lot of grief:

Get a a copy of your last bill by:
    Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:

Eir
    Account cancellation Team,

Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road,
    Dublin 8

Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit.
    The new improved way is to send the bill or details as a complaint to

ccm@eir.ie.

Hopefully that will fix the problem.

If it doesn't you can escalate to ComReg after 10 days.

The important thing is to get documented, date stamped evidence that you legally cancelled the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi a_ominous

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi, 
    thank you for replying here, but I'm not interested is using boards to resolve this; no useful audit trail for me.  I've been in touch with ComReg and was advised to email ccm@air.ie as others have noted.
    I know there have been on-going issues for Eir customer care, but it's not my problem.  I've left and won't be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

a_ominous wrote: »
    eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi a_ominous

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Regards

Linzi
    Hi Linzi, 
    thank you for replying here, but I'm not interested is using boards to resolve this; no useful audit trail for me.  I've been in touch with ComReg and was advised to email ccm@air.ie as others have noted.
    I know there have been on-going issues for Eir customer care, but it's not my problem.  I've left and won't be back.
    Hi a_ominous

We are sorry to lose you.

Kind regards

Linzi

Advertisement