Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Samsung Galaxy S9 when buying QLED Tv

• 26-02-2019 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

474130.jpg

Offer at Harvey Norman & others (instore and online)

If your looking at a QLED tv, you can claim a free Samsung Galaxy S9 titanium with some model tv's once purchased before 12/03/2019. You have 60 days to claim the phone.

Full t&c's

Promoter: Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited. ROI residents 18+ only. Purchase a selected new Samsung TV (Promotion Product) in-store or online from a participating retailer (Participating Retailer) between 13/02/2019 – 12/03/2019 and claim a Samsung Galaxy S9 Titanium Grey (Reward) by redemption. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Offers seem only to be last years range which they are just clearing out for the new models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Offers seem only to be last years range which they are just clearing out for the new models.

Everything has a new model coming once you buy it now. Once it doesn't have a design flaw it wouldn't bother me.

Most of the models will have a discount because of this as well as the phone so not a bad offer imho

Davy wrote: »
    Everything has a new model coming once you buy it now. Once it doesn't have a design flaw it wouldn't bother me.

Most of the models will have a discount because of this as well as the phone so not a bad offer imho

Well the biggest reason not to buy Samsung TV’s is because it does not support Dolby Vision only HDR10 and HDR10 + Also no HDMI 2.1 on these screens either. As I said reasons for these deals as they want rid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

If you're going to spend €1,600 for a TV why would you not get an OLED instead of Samsung's inferior QLED screens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Arrival wrote: »
    If you're going to spend €1,600 for a TV why would you not get an OLED instead of Samsung's inferior QLED screens

The Samsung qLed TVs perform better in terms of brightness and there's no question of burn in which OLEDs can suffer from.

Have a google for the Samsung Q9 vs LG OLED and many reviews favour the Samsung.

eg. https://www.whathifi.com/features/lg-c8-oled-vs-samsung-q9-qled-which-better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Pique

Well the biggest reason not to buy Samsung TV’s is because it does not support Dolby Vision only HDR10 and HDR10 + Also no HDMI 2.1 on these screens either. As I said reasons for these deals as they want rid.
    OK what does that all mean? I'm not in the market for a TV yet, but what the hell are all those features for and how do they benefit me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

S9 worth at least 400 to sell on, nice discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Also the stopped YouTube

Pique wrote: »
    OK what does that all mean? I'm not in the market for a TV yet, but what the hell are all those features for and how do they benefit me?

Best way to is to take a read of this and it will explain in more detail.
    https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it

The Samsung qLed TVs perform better in terms of brightness and there's no question of burn in which OLEDs can suffer from.

Have a google for the Samsung Q9 vs LG OLED and many reviews favour the Samsung.

eg. https://www.whathifi.com/features/lg-c8-oled-vs-samsung-q9-qled-which-better

Its pretty simple if the TV is going to be in a very bright room and you don't want the very best in picture quality that backlit LCD can be perfect for you.

If you are looking for the pinnacle of picture quality it's OLED all day long due to perfect black levels that an LCD screen cannot match.

The option to choose is very much based on what the OP is looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Also the stopped YouTube

What do you mean?

YouTube works perfectly on these TVs?

Advertisement