Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent update to MyEir iOS app doesn't work on iPhone XS with Face ID

• 26-02-2019 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

Downloaded the most recent version of the MyEir app (v2.1.19) for iOS today, which has been updated to support Touch ID.  It doesn't mention Face ID but I assumed this was also supported.

When I open the app, my email address is already prepopulated on the login page.  When I select next to move to the password page, the app crashes.

I'm using an iPhone XS with Face ID and iOS 12.1.4.

Looks like the update means it won't work on devices with Face ID!

Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

liamcu wrote: »
    Downloaded the most recent version of the MyEir app (v2.1.19) for iOS today, which has been updated to support Touch ID.  It doesn't mention Face ID but I assumed this was also supported.

When I open the app, my email address is already prepopulated on the login page.  When I select next to move to the password page, the app crashes.

I'm using an iPhone XS with Face ID and iOS 12.1.4.

Looks like the update means it won't work on devices with Face ID!

Liam
    Hi Liam, 

Could you PM the following details and I will escalate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB 
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 
    6. The email address you use to log into your my eir?

As soon as I get this information I can escalate this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yep, same happening for me. I've an iPhone X, on latest iOS 12.1.4.

App crashes every time I try to login when I press continue after email screen. Not sure if relevant but straight after the update yesterday I was able to log into the app, on subsequent attempts it now crashes every time.

Also iOS apps do not specifically need to be configured for FaceID. If it works for TouchID will work with FaceID. So not sure whats happening here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Update working fine on 6s+. You sign in as normal, then quit and kill app. Touch ID comes up as an option when it comes to Password.

dave oc wrote: »

App crashes every time I try to login when I press continue after email screen. Not sure if relevant but straight after the update yesterday I was able to log into the app, on subsequent attempts it now crashes every time.

Also iOS apps do not specifically need to be configured for FaceID. If it works for TouchID will work with FaceID. So not sure whats happening here.
    naasrd wrote: »
    Update working fine on 6s+.   You sign in as normal, then quit and kill app.  Touch ID comes up as an option when it comes to Password.
    Hi @dave_oc and @naasrd

Could you PM the details I requested above and I will escalate this.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Dave,

Like you, straight after the update I was able to log in but after that the app crashed every time I press continue after the email address screen.

I was looking for an option to enable touch ID/face ID but unlike the iPhone 6S (touch ID) user, the option to enable touch ID/face ID wasn't displayed.

Liam

• Advertisement

liamcu wrote: »

Dave,

Like you, straight after the update I was able to log in but after that the app crashed every time I press continue after the email address screen.

I was looking for an option to enable touch ID/face ID but unlike the iPhone 6S (touch ID) user, the option to enable touch ID/face ID wasn't displayed.

Liam
    Hi Liam, 

A new version of the app has been released. Instead of entering a password you can now use fingerprint for signing into your my eir account. 

If you install the latest app to your phone you can set this up. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Hi Liam, 

A new version of the app has been released. Instead of entering a password you can now use fingerprint for signing into your my eir account. 

If you install the latest app to your phone you can set this up. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Gráinne,

The most recent version of the app available in the ios app store is 2.1.19 released on Tuesday.

This version doesn't work with devices with face id.

Do you mean there a newer version of the app will be available shortly?

Liam

Pm sent

But cant see how its account related. From above there are myself and another user with FaceID with the issue, and another with TouchID and its working. Sounds like a general issue in the app with the last update.

There's an update in the app store that fixes the log in issue with Face ID. Thanks for getting this addressed quickly! 

There's an update in the app store that fixes the log in issue with Face ID. Thanks for getting this addressed quickly! 
    No problem dave_oc, 

Details on how to set up fingerprint ID for both  fingerprint ID for Android and face ID for iOS face ID enabled phones can be found here

Thanks, 

Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement