Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP settings on DECT phone

Options
  • 27-02-2019 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I have a DECT phone which I would like to set it up with VoIP settings.

The required fields are:
    Telephone Number for Registration, Username, Password, Proxy server and STUN server.

I contacted Eir support by phone and a very helpful advisor provided me with the settings however the phone number cannot be registered.

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Artifacting

The residential Eir VoIP service is basically locked to their routers. They seem to think they can give you the sip log in details but they never work.

It's only been designed as a direct analogue PSTN replacement.

If you want proper VoIP, you're best bet is one of the real VoIP providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

epaminos wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a DECT phone which I would like to set it up with VoIP settings.

The required fields are:
    Telephone Number for Registration, Username, Password, Proxy server and STUN server.

I contacted Eir support by phone and a very helpful advisor provided me with the settings however the phone number cannot be registered.

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi epaminos, 

If you contact our technical team on 1890260260 or our online technical team here they will be able to assist you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement