Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reset tamper alarm for GSDi70 ?

Options
  • 27-02-2019 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently had to change the batteries in two motion sensors connected to my GSDi70 alarm system. The panel is now showing that the tamper needs to be reset (just on one of them). Would anyone know the process for this ?
    Going to the individual device settings I have tried disabling and re-enabling the tamper but the message persists.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it required a tamper reset then all devices tampered when you were changing the batteries would require a reset.
    Have you checked the device is closed correctly.
    Whats the exact error you are getting? What Icon is showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gaz wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently had to change the batteries in two motion sensors connected to my GSDi70 alarm system. The panel is now showing that the tamper needs to be reset (just on one of them). Would anyone know the process for this ?
    Going to the individual device settings I have tried disabling and re-enabling the tamper but the message persists.

Thanks

There is a back tamper behind the PCB, this may be open.
    To rule out an issue with the device itself then remove from PIR enclosure and close the 2 tampers on the PCB beside the panel and see if that clears the fault.
    If this solves the issue make sure its sitting in correctly and device lid is closed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I just get a message when setting the alarm that a device has been tampered, I can then override and set alarm.

Ive double checked the housing and it is securely closed. When opened there is a small button on the inside, not sure if thats related to tamper, tried pressing it but made no difference.
    Will check again when I get home later.

Thanks all.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try this. Open another device and switch them around.
    If the tamper moves to the other zone then its the device base .
    If the tamper stays its the device.
    If both stay tampered then you may need engineer access to reset the devices.
    Is there an option in the user menu to reset tamper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

The message tells me it is the "hall" sensor (not landing), I also have installer access to the panel. Within the device settings for this sensor I have the option "[x] Disable tamper for device" ... I have tried checking and unchecking this box.

Maybe a panel reboot ??

• Advertisement

Didn't know you had engineer access.
    In engineer goto Devices >Global Settings and see is tamper reset enabled for engineer reset . If so goto System >Tools >Reset Tamper Reset

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gaz wrote: »
    I just get a message when setting the alarm that a device has been tampered, I can then override and set alarm.

Ive double checked the housing and it is securely closed. When opened there is a small button on the inside, not sure if thats related to tamper, tried pressing it but made no difference.
    Will check again when I get home later.

Thanks all.

Yes that button is the front tamper.

If you take device out of PIR and hold both tampers close does that close the tamper?
    If it does then you know one of the tampers is not closing correctly when you have it closed.
    If all else fails or the tamper still shows open when you have the 2 pressed closed you could delete the device and re enroll it as you have the engineer code.

Advertisement