Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Leaf buying rant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Halycon

Yeah, I think it was the garages first time selling electric, they weren't really sure what to charge. Looked at another in Clondalkin at 15K, but the battery state of health was at 78%. Too low for me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Halycon wrote: »
    I went to look at a used Leaf Saturday, there were 6 others interested in it. It was bought before I could even sit into it

2016 L30 6.6Kw, Cold pack, went for 15K.

The 24KW ones seem to be a less attractive for the average punter though.

I wouldn't say that tbh.
    I put my 24 kWh up for sale in January and in the space of a week, got 4 calls and it was collected within 7 days of going on donedeal.

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Looked at another in Clondalkin at 15K, but the battery state of health was at 78%. Too low for me

Is that an L24 or an L30?

If its an L30 it just needs a software update to correct that 78%. Known issue. Not a problem with the battery and fixed under warranty by Nissan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

KCross wrote: »
    Is that an L24 or an L30?

If its an L30 it just needs a software update to correct that 78%. Known issue. Not a problem with the battery and fixed under warranty by Nissan.

Thought it sounded strange that such a young car would have a battery so low.

• Advertisement

Interesting, here is the Leaf Spy report https://imgur.com/GfVBu6p
    5BBLCgp.

They said they had taken it to Nissan for a battery check, wonder why they didn't apply the update.
    5BBLCgp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Interesting, here is the Leaf Spy report

They said they had taken it to Nissan for a battery check, wonder why they didn't apply the update.

No faults will show up. Dealer probably did a normal service and applied no updates because he wasnt asked to check it out.

Its fixed by updating the firmware. A few on here have had it done.
    Here's one...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109135836&postcount=5

Dont buy it on my say so. Get it checked out before you part with your cash.

Thanks for the Info Kcross. I was worried about L30's in general after seeing that one, good to know it's an identified issue and fixable.

I am not too gone on that one, as it was quite worn looking inside and out. I was up the country anyway looking at the other one so went to check it out.

Also for the completely frivolous reason that I don't like the colour (grey). Silly I know, but I can wait until one that I actually really like comes along. If I am spending that amount I want it to be something I am happy to drive

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Interesting, here is the Leaf Spy report https://imgur.com/GfVBu6p
    5BBLCgp.

5BBLCgp

Our L30 was in for a service last month and I asked about the update but didn't go for it as they said it would take 1.5hrs as they have poor wifi (their words) and I wasn't waiting around that long, and no I'm not doing it myself as no issue with our car

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement