If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv upgrade

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203295-lg-55uk6750pld-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspxhi guys looking to upgrade my 10 year old samsung tv.looking at 50-55 inch with a budget of 500/600 euro if possible.any recommenditions would be welcome thanks.looking at this one in the link above seems a great tv
    Hi Alanhiggyno1.

Thanks for the post.

The 55UK6750 mentioned above would be a great upgrade for you.
    The LG range have been very popular.

We also have a deal on the 55UK6950 which has a metal finish frame and comes with the magic remote.
    I can offer this at the same price as the 6750 version at £549 or 599 Euro (One off deal, while stock lasts).
    https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55UK6950PLB

You could also check out the Philips Ambilite 55PUS6703 also priced at 599 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203603-philips-55pus6703-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Hi Alanhiggyno1.

Thanks for the post.

We also have a deal on the 55UK6950 which has a metal finish frame and comes with the magic remote.
    I can offer this at the same price as the 6750 version at £549 or 599 Euro (One off deal, while stock lasts).

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203603-philips-55pus6703-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

Cool thanks fir the advice I'll check it out after work and get back to you

Hi Alanhiggyno1.

Thanks for the post.

Cool thanks fir the advice I'll check it out after work and get back to you
    No problem at all AlanHiggyno1.

I'm gonna go with that tv and am now looking at a good surround sound to system to go with it. Maybe €200/€300. So all in I could go €800/850

I'm gonna go with that tv and am now looking at a good surround sound to system to go with it. Maybe €200/€300. So all in I could go €800/850
    Hi AlanHiggyno1.

Sorry, Which of the two are you wanting to go for? The LG or the Philips?

For a surround system you would be starting at the Denon AVRX250 priced at 199 euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203341-denon-avrx250bt-bluetooth-av-receiver.aspx

Then pair it with the JBL Cinema 510 priced at 239 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200854-jbl-cinema-510-black-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Best I could do both for would be 400 Euro, plus the 599 of a TV would be 999 Euro in total delivered.

Perhaps a soundbar or soundbase may suit if the 5.1 setup is outside of budget.

• Advertisement

Hi AlanHiggyno1.

For a surround system you would be starting at the Denon AVRX250 priced at 199 euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203341-denon-avrx250bt-bluetooth-av-receiver.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200854-jbl-cinema-510-black-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Best I could do both for would be 400 Euro, plus the 599 of a TV would be 999 Euro in total delivered.

will go with the https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/LG-55UK6950PLB for €600 and looking maybe for good soundbar or sound system at a good price😉

Hi AlanHiggyno1.

will go with the https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/LG-55UK6950PLB for €600 and looking maybe for good soundbar or sound system at a good price😉
    Hey AlanHiggyno1.

The above 5.1 system at 400 Euro would be the cheapest 5.1 setup currently available.

If you went for a soundbar then the best to go for at your budget would be the highly reviewed Yamaha YAS207 currently priced at 299 Euro - I could squeeze this down to 280 Euro along with the TV.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

All in would be 879 Euro delivered.

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

The above 5.1 system at 400 Euro would be the cheapest 5.1 setup currently available.

If you went for a soundbar then the best to go for at your budget would be the highly reviewed Yamaha YAS207 currently priced at 299 Euro - I could squeeze this down to 280 Euro along with the TV.

How long is delivery as I'm in county clare and do u take PayPal?.ill take the LG TV and soundbar

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

How long is delivery as I'm in county clare and do u take PayPal?.ill take the LG TV and soundbar
    Hey AlanHigginsno1.

Unfortunately we are not set up to take PayPal.

If you drop us your contact number in a PM we can give you a call and take the order.

Delivery to Clare is usually 3-5 working days.
    The TV and soundbar would ship from here tomorrow and be with you by Monday or Tuesday. Our courier would be in touch via text to confirm which day.

Hey AlanHigginsno1.

If you drop us your contact number in a PM we can give you a call and take the order.

The TV and soundbar would ship from here tomorrow and be with you by Monday or Tuesday. Our courier would be in touch via text to confirm which day.
    So what's the total in euro so. Also will my current bracket hold the LG TV. My current one is 42 inch

• Advertisement

Hey AlanHigginsno1.

So what's the total in euro so. Also will my current bracket hold the LG TV. My current one is 42 inch
    Hi AlanHigginsno1.

Total would be 879 Euro delivered.
    599 for the 55UK6950 (Including our 6 year guarantee free of charge)
    280 for the Yamaha YAS207

Regarding your current bracket. I could not say for sure if it will fit as I don't know which bracket you have or its spec.
    Usually a bracket that holds a 42" will take up to a 55" depending on the weight it can hold.
    Is you bracket two arms or a back plate than fix to the television?

You may also be required to get some different screws for fixing the bracket to the TV as I don't know if the same ones that fit your current TV will fit the LG. (Usually when you purchase a wall bracket it comes with several different sets of bolts to fit different products).

Hi AlanHigginsno1.

Regarding your current bracket. I could not say for sure if it will fit as I don't know which bracket you have or its spec.
    Usually a bracket that holds a 42" will take up to a 55" depending on the weight it can hold.

You may also be required to get some different screws for fixing the bracket to the TV as I don't know if the same ones that fit your current TV will fit the LG. (Usually when you purchase a wall bracket it comes with several different sets of bolts to fit different products).

It's too arm's fitted to the wall

Hi AlanHigginsno1.

Hi AlanHiggyno1.

Do you know the make of the bracket?

Do the arms fit to the back of the TV and then mount onto a wall plate?

Without knowing which bracket you have I can not make a judgement on weather it will fit or not.

Hi AlanHigginsno1.

Hi AlanHiggyno1.

Without knowing which bracket you have I can not make a judgement on weather it will fit or not.
    this is a pic simialr to the one i have its currently holding 10 year old 42 inch samsung tv

Hi AlanHigginsno1.

Hi AlanHiggyno1.

this is a pic simialr to the one i have its currently holding 10 year old 42 inch samsung tv
    Hey AlanHiggyno1.

It does look like it should fit but as we did not supply the bracket I can not 100% confirm that it will.

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

It does look like it should fit but as we did not supply the bracket I can not 100% confirm that it will.

It should do I think do ye supply the screws by any chance

If u can pm me I'd like to put thru the order if possible. I'll give u my contact details in pm

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

Unfortunately we would not supply the screws.

The bracket at time of purchase would have came with several different sets.
    Failing that your local Scewfix, Homebase or B&Q should have a selection.

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

OK cool I sent u a pm there with my phone number so I can put through my order

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

OK cool I sent u a pm there with my phone number so I can put through my order
    Cheers.

Will drop you a call ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey AlanHiggyno1.

Hi Alan,

thanks for the post - on the screw front without knowing the specific bracket we could not guess exactly what screws you will need - but normally the brackets come with a whole selection of screws to match that particular bracket. Most of the modern brackets are specifically designed for current super slim TV's and to mount the TV really close to the wall - I'd recommend either specifically measuring the length of the screws you need and the screw diameter or Kenny will give you a good deal on a replacement bracket,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers.

Just looked at my invoice please make sure u send yas207 and not the yas201 like what is showing on the invoice please thank you

Cheers.

Just looked at my invoice please make sure u send yas207 and not the yas201 like what is showing on the invoice please thank you
    Hi AlanHigguno1.

Apologies, I have now corrected your invoice and resent you a copy of the order.

Cheers.

Hi AlanHigguno1.

Apologies, I have now corrected your invoice and resent you a copy of the order.
    thank you wasnt expecting a reply so fast.thanks a million

Cheers.

Hi AlanHigguno1.

thank you wasnt expecting a reply so fast.thanks a million
    No problem at all Alan.

I was just getting ready to leave for the evening when I spotted your post and wanted to sort things for you before I left.

No problem at all Alan.

I was just getting ready to leave for the evening when I spotted your post and wanted to sort things for you before I left.
    Appericate it

No problem at all Alan.

Appericate it
    Morning AlanHiggyno1.

Just a quick post to let you know your order will be shipping out today.

Our courier will be in touch at the start of the week to confirm delivery.

Morning AlanHiggyno1.

Is there a tracking number for this so I can make sure I'm at home at time of delivery thanks

Morning AlanHiggyno1.

Is there a tracking number for this so I can make sure I'm at home at time of delivery thanks
    Hey Alan.

I will see if I can get you an ETA and revert back ASAP.

Have you received a text from the courier yet?

• Advertisement

Hey Again Alan.

The order will be delivered tomorrow but I can not get a time frame until tomorrow once it has be assigned to a run.

I have this noted in my diary and will call them first thing to pin point a time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.