Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy this offer from the ComReg compare value site

• 27-02-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Eir

Please have a look at the attached screenshot from the ComReg Compare Value tool showing an offer from Eir.

https://www.comreg.ie/compare/

I can't find this offer on your website. How can I avail of this offer? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hello Eir

Please have a look at the attached screenshot from the ComReg Compare Value tool showing an offer from Eir.

Hi AndrewJRenko

This offer was only available till 31st Dec 2018 and is no longer available.  Please click here to view our current mobile offers.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hello Eir

Hi AndrewJRenko

This offer was only available till 31st Dec 2018 and is no longer available.  Please click here to view our current mobile offers.

Many thanks

Linzi
    Thanks Linzi - why is it still visible on the ComReg site? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hello Eir

Hi AndrewJRenko

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi AndrewJRenko

Apologies, but I wouldn't be able to comment on what ComReg show on their website. 

Many thanks

Linzi

Hello Eir

Hi AndrewJRenko

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi AndrewJRenko

Apologies, but I wouldn't be able to comment on what ComReg show on their website. 

Many thanks

Linzi
    They get the information from Eir. They don't make up stuff about Eir offers for a laugh.

Is there any chance you could do the right thing for Eir customers and get whoever feeds information to the ComReg site to correct this error please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Hello Eir

Hi AndrewJRenko

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi AndrewJRenko

Many thanks

Linzi
    They get the information from Eir. They don't make up stuff about Eir offers for a laugh.

Is there any chance you could do the right thing for Eir customers and get whoever feeds information to the ComReg site to correct this error please?
    What makes you think that Eir have ANY control over comregs site, if you have a problem with Comregs site then contact them directly. 

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hello Eir

Hi AndrewJRenko

Many thanks

Linzi
    Hi AndrewJRenko

Many thanks

Linzi

What makes you think that Eir have ANY control over comregs site, if you have a problem with Comregs site then contact them directly. 
    Who do you think provides information about Eir offers for the cost comparison tool on ComReg website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Who do you think hosts and updates the website (or doens't bother in this case)?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Who do you think hosts and updates the website (or doens't bother in this case)?
    Who do you think provides the information for the updates?

Who's corporate reputation is on the line by having out of date offers visible to customers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭davetherave

Other comparison sites seem to get the information just fine.
    https://switcher.ie/mobiles/networks/eir-mobile/
    https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-plans

https://www.comreg.ie/disclaimer/
    ComReg maintains this service to enhance public access to information about its activities. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them as quickly as possible. Please contact webmaster@comreg.ie to report any errors.

Goes back to why you think someone in Comreg not doing their job is a matter for Eir to comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I think if my regulator was showing customers an offer that was no longer valid, I'd be inclined to let him know, just a wee email or a courtesy phone call.

I'd want my regulator to be thinking I was sound. Maybe Eir feel that their service is so good they don't need any friends in the wider world.

I'm not sure it does Eir itself any good having customers seeing an offer that is no longer valid.

Most customers don't know or care who screwed up but possibly less lightly to buy there service from Eir.

But that's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

paddy19 wrote: »
    But that's just me.

Truest words ever spoken

Goes back to why you think someone in Comreg not doing their job is a matter for Eir to comment on.
    I'm confused as to how you've managed to allocate blame when you've no idea who did (or didn't do) what in this scenario.

In my own 30+ years of managing IT systems, I've got a fairly good understanding of the GIGO rule. If there is a problem with something appearing in a computer system, the first person I approach is the person who owns the data, not the person who owns the system.

In this case, the primary benefit of getting this sorted lies with Eir, so I'd expect that Eir would be moost motivated to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Black and white in the screenshot saying available til the end of 2018 - that the OP didn't bother to read the offer is the OP's issue not eir's
    That comreg doesn't bother removing offers that have expired is comreg's problem
    Do you think eir care to bother checking every website that shows their offers every day to make sure they are up to date - at the end of the day even if the offer is not valid there may be other offers that do exist.

Pretty much every company in the world has expired offers on external websites

fritzelly wrote: »
    Black and white in the screenshot saying available til the end of 2018 - that the OP didn't bother to read the offer is the OP's issue not eir's
    That comreg doesn't bother removing offers that have expired is comreg's problem
    Do you think eir care to bother checking every website that shows their offers every day to make sure they are up to date - at the end of the day even if the offer is not valid there may be other offers that do exist.

Pretty much every company in the world has expired offers on external websites
    Actually, it says "€10 promotional discount for six months available until 31st December 2018", so no, it doesn't say that the offer expires.

This isn't 'any website'. This is ComReg, the organisation that regulates every aspect of Eir's operation in Ireland. So it's a not a huge leap to say that they would have a professional responsibility to ensure that it is accurate, for their own benefit and for their customers' benefit.

They could do this either by setting expiry dates when they set up the offer originally, or by have regular reviews of what's out there. It would be completely unprofessional for Eir to suggest that they don't care about expired offers appearing on the website of their regulator.

Whichever way you look at it it's still expired!
    Comreg regulate the telcoms industry (many would say badly) - why make it sound like they are the oversight committee for eir?
    Expiry dates - comregs problem, eir post out flyers for an offer, once expired they have to go round collecting all those flyers once they are expired?
    Sorry but you are making a mountain out of a molehill, join the real world of internet offers

Whichever way you look at it it's still expired!
    Comreg regulate the telcoms industry (many would say badly) - why make it sound like they are the oversight committee for eir?
    Expiry dates - comregs problem, eir post out flyers for an offer, once expired they have to go round collecting all those flyers once they are expired?
    Sorry but you are making a mountain out of a molehill, join the real world of internet offers
    No, they don't have to go collecting the flyers - they put expiry dates ON the flyers.

How about making the 'real world of internet offers' a better place by highlighting to Eir how unprofessional it is to have an expired offer appearing on their regulator's cost comparison tool?

eir don't control comreg's site or how they operate it - end of story

Keep arguing the toss - you are still in the wrong.

I've been involved in quite a few such implementations in the past. It would be a fairly basic requirement to work out how expired offers get removed. It is in Eir's best interest to get this sorted.

I've been involved in quite a few such implementations in the past. It would be a fairly basic requirement to work out how expired offers get removed. It is in Eir's best interest to get this sorted.
    And how do you know that eir haven't already told them to remove it but their "tech" guy couldn't be bothered - if they even have a tech guy, maybe it costs them hundreds to contract  some company to change a few cells in a database (after all its a gov body and nothing is simple)

And how do you know that eir haven't already told them to remove it but their "tech" guy couldn't be bothered - if they even have a tech guy, maybe it costs them hundreds to contract  some company to change a few cells in a database (after all its a gov body and nothing is simple)

The process for an expiring offer would have been agreed up front. They would have dealt with many expiring offers, so your scenario is unlikely, though not entirely impossible.

If this is the case, then let Eir remind them. And remind them again And escalate to senior management if they have to - whatever it takes to get it sorted.

It is Eir customers that are confused by this. It is Eir name and logo on the offer.

• Advertisement

Try dealing with comreg - nothing happens quick
    That part of the website is most probably outsourced and every change requires payment of some kind to update it

Try dealing with comreg - nothing happens quick
    That part of the website is most probably outsourced and every change requires payment of some kind to update it

I'd bet you a fiver that you're wrong about the payment being required for each new or expired offer. Feel free to submit an FOI to Comreg to prove me wrong.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I suggest you take the advice given by ComReg on their Disclaimer page OP to contact webmaster@comreg.ie to report any errors on their site. The discussion of how and when ComReg update their site is outside the remit of the eir customer service forum, so the discussion is closed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement