Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ccm@eir.ie

• 27-02-2019 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I emailed ccm@eir.ie and I was ignored for 10 days. I escalated to[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]consumerline@comreg.ie[/font]

And I finally have managed to open a conversation with eir.

The worst thing about it was my enquiry is not overly complex and can be solved in a few minutes.

Anyway, point of this thread is to remind people not to bother hanging for hours on the phone, or useless webchat.

Just kick your issue straight in as a complaint to the email above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jasper100 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I emailed ccm@eir.ie and I was ignored for 10 days. I escalated to[/font]

The worst thing about it was my enquiry is not overly complex and can be solved in a few minutes.

Anyway, point of this thread is to remind people not to bother hanging for hours on the phone, or useless webchat.

Hi jasper100, 

Thanks for your post. 

There are various ways that customers can get through to our customer care team. You can contact on social media - boards.ie, twitter and facebook You can contact our webchat team here and you can get through to our customer care team by calling 1901

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

You may as well be asking people to commune with the dead, better off holding a seance might have more luck.
    Not everyone has twitter or engages through Facebook, in fact why should anyone even be expected or directed to contact you through a 3rd party organisation for reasons of privacy and security, Eir is after all a communications company? broadband/phone services etc, why is it not reasonable for an Eir customer to be able to contact Eir directly? why is it that people have to raise their question publicly for Eir to respond?
    Many people have reported they cannot get through on 1901, at the webchat which should be the primary means of contacting Eir, failing that any and every response should include all Eirs details, emails etc, why isnt the email answered? working or not? etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

1874 wrote: »
    You may as well be asking people to commune with the dead, better off holding a seance might have more luck.
    Not everyone has twitter or engages through Facebook, in fact why should anyone even be expected or directed to contact you through a 3rd party organisation for reasons of privacy and security, Eir is after all a communications company? broadband/phone services etc, why is it not reasonable for an Eir customer to be able to contact Eir directly? why is it that people have to raise their question publicly for Eir to respond?
    Many people have reported they cannot get through on 1901, at the webchat which should be the primary means of contacting Eir, failing that any and every response should include all Eirs details, emails etc, why isnt the email answered? working or not? etc
    Hi 1874

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Thanks
    Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mistermu

good advice jasper100. I regret wasting over 8 hours on the phone with Eir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    1874 wrote: »
    Hi 1874

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Thanks
    Linzi
    That seems to be the current spiel, it seems like it has been already and is an ongoing feature of Eir fobbing people off and there seems to be no end to it, there does not appear to be anything temporary about it at all. On top of that, as you admit there are problems, you should have a back up plan to deal with routine customer enquiries. It is completely unacceptable to fob people off saying Eir is transitioning to new call centres and offer nothing in the way of a normal service ongoing. Making demands for payment when customers have no service or have come to the end of their contract or simply had enough, its astonishing you can keep a straight face. What do you expect customers to do in the interim? do you think they should pay for Eir's failings? It is obvious that you make it difficut for people to close accounts unless they make a lot of noise or complain to COMREG, not making it easily possible to contact Eir to make enquiries proves that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Hi jasper100, 

Thanks for your post. 

There are various ways that customers can get through to our customer care team. You can contact on social media - boards.ie, twitter and facebook You can contact our webchat team here and you can get through to our customer care team by calling 1901

Grainne
    You are obviously missing the point here. Webchat only tell you to dial 1901 which has wait times of hours. The only way I can see to get issued resolved is emailing ccm@eir.ie and escalating to comreg after 10 days.

At least you have a written record of the conversation when eir inevitably don't refund you etc. as promised.

Advertisement