Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get through to Loyalty Team - then the fun started

• 27-02-2019 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

So after an hour on hold I finally got an answer....

I signed up in early November 2017 for broadband (took till just before Christmas to get installed but that’s a whole other story....).
    My wife added her mobile in January 2018 and was explicitly told the contract for the mobile was separate and essentially while they were bundled together either mobile or broadband could be cancelled.....

Fast forward to now.... bill has nearly doubled.... new customers getting offers of broadband for €30 a month for a year.... grand sure just ring them and get the new customer deal on the broadband (sure they’ve no install costs this time) and let the Mrs mobile contract run.....

No chance. Contract is for all services and runs till summer..... and there’s no note on the account about them being separate.
    I consistently get spoken over about contract length and confirmation email (bog standard welcome email confirming new service) and that if I’d like to request a copy of the call recording I’d need to speak to customer care (with no guarantee of wait time I.e another 1 hour wait...).

Can the social media team please have a look at this? I can DM account number etc.

And tell your customer loyalty team that unless they’re secretly solicitors by night to not debate (really I mean talk over) the finer points of contract law with a customer....
    And I appreciate you’re assembling a new team and things are challenging but a new starter should be told not to talk over a customer in their first minutes on the job!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Nelbert wrote: »
    So after an hour on hold I finally got an answer....

I signed up in early November 2017 for broadband (took till just before Christmas to get installed but that’s a whole other story....).
    My wife added her mobile in January 2018 and was explicitly told the contract for the mobile was separate and essentially while they were bundled together either mobile or broadband could be cancelled.....

Fast forward to now.... bill has nearly doubled.... new customers getting offers of broadband for €30 a month for a year.... grand sure just ring them and get the new customer deal on the broadband (sure they’ve no install costs this time) and let the Mrs mobile contract run.....

No chance. Contract is for all services and runs till summer..... and there’s no note on the account about them being separate.
    I consistently get spoken over about contract length and confirmation email (bog standard welcome email confirming new service) and that if I’d like to request a copy of the call recording I’d need to speak to customer care (with no guarantee of wait time I.e another 1 hour wait...).

Can the social media team please have a look at this? I can DM account number etc.

And tell your customer loyalty team that unless they’re secretly solicitors by night to not debate (really I mean talk over) the finer points of contract law with a customer....
    And I appreciate you’re assembling a new team and things are challenging but a new starter should be told not to talk over a customer in their first minutes on the job!
    Hi Nelbert 

Can you pm me the following information please?

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Nelbert 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Nelbert wrote: »
    eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi Nelbert 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi

PM sent
    I have replied to your pm

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement