Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LAST TIME you or someone you knew smoked a cigarette on a flight.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dang. I should have really written a thread title like "Shmokes on a Plane", then it would be along the lines of that pretty cool movie, "Snakes on a Plane" with Samuel L Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭mojesius

Charter flight to Turkey, June 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

PIA flight from Manchester to Lahore or Islamabad circa 2004. We were seated in rear of an ancient 747, could have been a 100 or 200. Seat belt sign goes off to which the entire rear section of economy lights up in unison. This continues for a further 9 hours. It was a long flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Flying back Olympic airlines Sydney to Athens on the way back from my 2 years travelling in late 2000. We were allowed to light up once we cleared Aussie airspace. That was the first time I'd been on a smoking plane for quite a while. The previous time was coming back from Ibiza in 97-98 our charter flight had engine issues and they replaced it with some old Eastern European plane and crew, on which smoking was allowed, I was sick as a dog and hated it that time, despite being smoker back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭keroseneboy

I remember smoking being permitted on the last few rows of a Singapore Airlines flight from Frankfurt to Singapore in October 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Turkish airlines circa 2000 ‘giz a light there’.

Advertisement