Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botox in Dublin

Options
  • 27-02-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Any recommendations for botox in Dublin, preferably on the northside?

I went to a place last year that I was happy with, but just checked their page in the hopes of re-booking, only to find that they've hiked up their prices by 25% in the last 6 months :(

Anyone have a good botox doc that they go to?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

<SNIP>

Dr Barry at Lemons in Clontarf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Can you wear foundation getting Botox done??

Lashes28 wrote: »

No.... as the area will be wiped with a sterile wip or something before the needles go in. They may also use numbing cream if you need it, so foundation is not advisable.

You could probably put it on afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lashes28 wrote: »
    SozBbz wrote: »
    No.... as the area will be wiped with a sterile wip or something before the needles go in. They may also use numbing cream if you need it, so foundation is not advisable.

I've always worn make-up at my botox appointments, they just wipe the area in question before they administer it. Not an issue at all.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've always worn make-up at my botox appointments, they just wipe the area in question before they administer it. Not an issue at all.

Yeah, but they wipe it off, so you're not actually wearing any when the needles go in.

Its no issue to walk in the door with foundation on (maybe you're coming straight from work or whatever ) but in my experience they will remove it to carry out the procedure.

Don't expect to walk out with a full face of make up still intact. Maybe bring some for touch ups if you need to go somewhere afterwards, as you may have some redness around the injection sites for a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but they wipe it off, so you're not actually wearing any when the needles go in.

She was obviously asking is it ok to wear foundation to the appointment, to which the answer is yes.
    Don't expect to walk out with a full face of make up still intact.

I only ever get one area (frown line) done, but they literally just give the injection site a quick swipe, two seconds with a bit of concealer is all I've ever needed to fix it afterwards.

Obviously it may well be different if you're getting several areas done but I've gone to an appointment before an evening out with my full face done and left with that perfectly intact, bar the tiny touch-up around/between the eyebrows as above.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    She was obviously asking is it ok to wear foundation to the appointment, to which the answer is yes.

I don't think so, no need to be so rude.

I don't think so, no need to be so rude.

I wasn't being rude, it seemed very obvious to me that Lashes was asking can she wear make-up to a Botox appointment and I answered that question.

Advertisement