Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Wharf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭blueskys

Mmmm..first time i have had a look at this. A couple of things stick out:
    1. No playground or amenity area despite 1200 people living there?
    2. Wrong place for entrance - that turning point is right up seaview avenue! Why don't they use the existing entrance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

In the landscape drawings it shows the type of playground equipment to be used - see 6.4.14 SK-13. Maybe there is a playground going in the central plaza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ah yes the area with great views will be a multi storey car park

So Wexford Co Co have now turned into commercial developers?

This project will bleed money and other services will suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wexfordman2040

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah yes the area with great views will be a multi storey car park

The Multistorey carpark will be nearest the Road on the Trinity Street side. The office spaces and restaurant/café area will have all the views.

It begs the question - why are any county councils involved in this type of activity, when the IDA exists? I know the law has been changed to allow them but it’s a terrible waste of taxpayers money, it’s not an activity they should be involved in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm not sold on the bridge / walkway to the wharf, considering where it will be located (over a sewage area!)

It begs the question - why are any county councils involved in this type of activity, when the IDA exists? I know the law has been changed to allow them but it’s a terrible waste of taxpayers money, it’s not an activity they should be involved in.

Why not? You could probably count on one hand the number of times the IDA has visited Wexford in any meaningful capacity over the last number of years. I for one applaud the council for getting off their backsides and making things happen for this town and county themselves. If we don't do it ourselves, we won't get anywhere.

The problem with the IDA was compounded by the fact the when they did visit, there was zero industry ready buildings available for any new companies to move into. The fact that the County Council are now addressing that problem, albeit by PPP, means that in the future, the hope is that once these buildings are complete, jobs can be snared and brought into the town/county. Brilliant in my opinion.

Tell me what is wrong with being proactive in comparison to sitting and waiting for someone else to do it for us? (Which we have all the evidence by now, that it will never happen that way).

Wexford County Council need to be applauded for their efforts on these projects and the quicker and faster they are approved and progress is made, the better.

We don't need neigh sayers ruining any bit of progress which is proposed. For too long, the council had ZERO vision, thank god Tom Enright is there trying to enable us as a county and helping us to reach at least some part of our potential.

BTW, I am not affiliated to Wexcoco in any capacity.

Why not? You could probably count on one hand the number of times the IDA has visited Wexford in any meaningful capacity over the last number of years. I for one applaud the council for getting off their backsides and making things happen for this town and county themselves. If we don't do it ourselves, we won't get anywhere.

The problem with the IDA was compounded by the fact the when they did visit, there was zero industry ready buildings available for any new companies to move into. The fact that the County Council are now addressing that problem, albeit by PPP, means that in the future, the hope is that once these buildings are complete, jobs can be snared and brought into the town/county. Brilliant in my opinion.

Tell me what is wrong with being proactive in comparison to sitting and waiting for someone else to do it for us? (Which we have all the evidence by now, that it will never happen that way).

Wexford County Council need to be applauded for their efforts on these projects and the quicker and faster they are approved and progress is made, the better.

We don't need neigh sayers ruining any bit of progress which is proposed. For too long, the council had ZERO vision, thank god Tom Enright is there trying to enable us as a county and helping us to reach at least some part of our potential.

BTW, I am not affiliated to Wexcoco in any capacity.

Politician? You sound like one

There is no need for 2 bodies to be involved in the same activity.

Politician? You sound like one

There is no need for 2 bodies to be involved in the same activity.

I am not a politician, far from it.

There isn't two bodies involved in the same activity, that's the whole point. There is one, Wexford County Council. They are the only ones seemingly doing anything ! :D

I am not a politician, far from it.

There isn't two bodies involved in the same activity, that's the whole point. There is one, Wexford County Council. They are the only ones seemingly doing anything ! :D

I think you understand my point

• Advertisement

I think you understand my point

I understand where you're coming from, but I completely disagree with your view which I think is outdated. I think the more proactive a council is, the better it is for the town/county. We have been left behind for far too long, in part, due to the over dependence on waiting for someone else to hold our hand. We can do these things ourselves once we can secure funding and put the right people in place.

Lets hope there is no further delays or blocking from NIMBYists and construction starts before another recession hits.

I understand where you're coming from, but I completely disagree with your view which I think is outdated. I think the more proactive a council is, the better it is for the town/county. We have been left behind for far too long, in part, due to the over dependence on waiting for someone else to hold our hand. We can do these things ourselves once we can secure funding and put the right people in place.

Lets hope there is no further delays or blocking from NIMBYists and construction starts before another recession hits.

It’ll remain empty like most of the industrial estates in Wexford county. Just more money wasting. Council should not be involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

As far as I know, similar to the Hatch Lab in Gorey, the Council own the land, pay to try and get planning permission. Here they will build the road in and services and then aim to get private sector in to build the offices and so on. No idea if it will work but makes it more likely than some other place that doesn't have these things done. The one outside Enniscorthy at the minute is having the road and I presume services being built currently.

Meantime industrial estates fall asunder

Meantime industrial estates fall asunder

What would you like the council to do for Industrial Estates?

As was said on this topic previously, the Hatch Lab in Gorey is a good example of a pro-active approach. Enniscorthy Business park is up and off the ground, The Min Ryan Park is under construction, Carrigfoyle Adventure Park will be under construction soon, all examples of the Council putting their plans into action and putting our money where our mouths are :)

You seem very sure Trinity Wharf won't happen. I hope you are wrong because as someone who lives in Wexford Itd be fantastic to see it come to fruition and an excellent project for jobs and prosperity.

Have you looked at the plans even? You claimed the car park was getting all the views? That is just lazy hearsay by people who are not even bothered to do any fact checking and trying to pull the thing down before it even gets started. That's the sort of behaviour that enabled the Brexit vote and Trump getting elected! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The Council has applied for the the foreshore release.

Things seems to be ramping up and joining together on this project now. The Dun Mhuire is also going to be flattened for a raodway and lowneys mall and south main street being redeveloped into retail and possibly apartments also which is a great thing. I understand the attachment to the Dun Mhuire and I even thought it was mad to put a road through there at first, that was until I heard about the total redevelopment of the area and i think it is going to be a good thing.

It seems the council are at an advanced stage in this purchase and the theatre is in such a dilapitated state that the renovation costs alone would be substantial.

Drive on and knock the theatre I say, as long as the area is redeveloped fairly quickly. This area ties in perfect for the T.W. Development and they will both compliment each other bringing life and vibrancy to that area of town.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

note : anybody see the oil rig like structure in the sea just off the T.W. site? Some sort of structure preparation or testing for the marina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Totally agree. Too much resistance to change in the town when it comes to dilapidated buildings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Things seems to be ramping up and joining together on this project now. The Dun Mhuire is also going to be flattened for a raodway and lowneys mall and south main street being redeveloped into retail and possibly apartments also which is a great thing. I understand the attachment to the Dun Mhuire and I even thought it was mad to put a road through there at first, that was until I heard about the total redevelopment of the area and i think it is going to be a good thing.

It seems the council are at an advanced stage in this purchase and the theatre is in such a dilapitated state that the renovation costs alone would be substantial.

Drive on and knock the theatre I say, as long as the area is redeveloped fairly quickly. This area ties in perfect for the T.W. Development and they will both compliment each other bringing life and vibrancy to that area of town.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

note : anybody see the oil rig like structure in the sea just off the T.W. site? Some sort of structure preparation or testing for the marina?

Allot of that is rumor at the moment the Dun Mhuire's problem is the committee they drove it into the ground but what about the groups that use it ? Where do they go ? Its too expensive for them to use the Opera House

If we are doing up the South Main street can Uncle Sam's be given a make over use to love that place years ago but jaysus its a relic from another era.

Advertisement