Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single hop Citra

Options
  • 27-02-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Has anyone tried the Single Hop Citra 5ltr kit from Geterbrewed. Tried this as my second ever home brew. Seemed to go well through the brewing process and got it into the demijohn for primary fermentation. The next day its started to look as if its curdling.....( only way to describe it... ) Oxygen is still popping out of the airlock. Just wonder has anyone used this kit before and come across this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Dellboy54 wrote: »
    The next day its started to look as if its curdling.....( only way to describe it... )
    How it looks doesn't really tell you anything, especially if it's only your second brew.
    Oxygen is still popping out of the airlock.
    This seems unlikely: that's probably carbon dioxide.

I wouldn't worry about it. Let it finish fermentation and have a taste when you're doing the next gravity reading. The best thing you can do now is leave it completely alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

by curdling do you mean something like this? if so dont worry about it its just the yeast going to work
    mad-science.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

stecleary wrote: »
    by curdling do you mean something like this? if so dont worry about it its just the yeast going to work
    mad-science.jpg

Yes, that's very similar to what I've got. Is that the Single hop Citra?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Yes, that's very similar to what I've got. Is that the Single hop Citra?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've never used a small kit like those. I have spare demijohns knocking around. Roughly how many pints do you get. I'm used to the 23ltr jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

I have started homebrewing on 5ltr demijohns. I reckon I'll get about 7/8 pints maybe....

• Advertisement
Advertisement