Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any good dentist in North Dub (massive fear)

• 27-02-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Not sure when this was last addressed but yep ive taken my first big step and wondering are there any great dentists near the swords area that are amazing with terrified patients? Know i have a wisdom tooth growing sideways and need a clean after a very long time. now i do take care of my teeth always have but think ive been feeling a horrible sensative feeling last week or so on and off and don't think i can avoid it any longer. also do many dentist open on saturdays does anyone know?

thanks from a very terrified patient :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do you have health insurance? I got my top wisdom teeth extracted at the Hermitage, and wasn't conscious for the procedure. Pretty sure VHI covered the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

yes i have that is why i started my health insurance 9 years ago. i was told i would need to get an xtray to have a proper look at. was the time of the snow in 09/10. never went back though.

would love to get that sorted and they do everything else while im under but a girl can only dream i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mollybird wrote: »
    yes i have that is why i started my health insurance 9 years ago. i was told i would need to get an xtray to have a proper look at. was the time of the snow in 09/10. never went back though.

would love to get that sorted and they do everything else while im under but a girl can only dream i guess.
    I think I got an xray at the Hermitage, to see which ones needed to be removed. Dentist had said the top ones, and the xray confirmed this, I think.

It was just a case of sit in a room whilst it the xray camera went around my jaw.

For the removal, I went in, got sleeping injection (into my hand or arm, I think), and woke up a few hours later, wisdom teeth removed. They used biodegradable stitches that disappeared by themselves, so didn't need to go back to have them removed. Had to have someone to drive you home, though. Otherwise they'll keep you overnight as the drugs that knock you out will still be in your system.

Ring your health insurance, and check if they cover it with your cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 puddekat

I'm recently thinking of buying bullet and facing my fear going to dentist(no excuse have great one right across road) my fear is more I know I've neglected my teeth don't think there worse but fear is if go I will be told need this procedure or root canal or extraction
    can you sit down with dentist before hand and will they take into account ur fears go slowly
    also do they offer payment plans fear of sitting in chair he pulls tooth then before leave says that will be 100 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Has anyone been on a sedetive before? Wondering what it feels like. Hate the idea of taking them but my anxiety levels have been simmering all day. Have my next apt in the morning and ive to take one tonight and one in the morning before i get my fillings done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement