Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

- €35.99 offer for 12 months.

Options
  • 27-02-2019 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at signing up to the 300Mbs package as a brand new customer.  I've seen an offer for €35.99 for the first 12 months.  Can you let me know a little bit about this package please...

Feb 1st to 28th 2019
    300Mbs FTTH Broadband & Landline

...specifically the costs after the initial 12 month contract is up.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

After 12 months the price is 74.98 - there is an offer that gives an extra 8.99 off the 300mb package.
    It's all detailed on their site https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭The_Rev

fritzelly wrote: »
    After 12 months the price is 74.98 - there is an offer that gives an extra 8.99 off the 300mb package.
    Thanks for the reply.  I was looking at a printed brochure here which a sales Rep gave me. 

It has €35.99 written on it for the first 12 months and says this includes a €20 discount for 12 months also. 
    This led me to believe the price was €55.99 thereafter, but it looks like its dearer now like you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

The_Rev wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.  I was looking at a printed brochure here which a sales Rep gave me. 

It has €35.99 written on it for the first 12 months and says this includes a €20 discount for 12 months also. 
    This led me to believe the price was €55.99 thereafter, but it looks like its dearer now like you say.
    Hi The_Rev, 

The price for this plan after the 12 months will be 65.99

If you click on the link that fritzelly has on his post above this will show you the correct price. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi The_Rev, 

If you click on the link that fritzelly has on his post above this will show you the correct price. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Actually the price I have here from Eir once I signed the contract is €74.98 per month!
    I received an e-mail from you saying €74.98 per month!!
    When I sign into myEir it says €76.98

Thanks,
    The_Rev

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You get a 2 euro discount for DD

• Advertisement

You get a 2 euro discount for DD
    Cheers, I was told that....  :) 

I was also told by the Sales rep that the cost would be €55 after 12 months, I signed up on that pretext.

Neither I nor the sales rep knew that the true cost would be €76.98 (or €74.98 after the €2 discount for DD).

Hi The_Rev, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Actually the price I have here from Eir once I signed the contract is €74.98 per month!
    I received an e-mail from you saying €74.98 per month!!
    When I sign into myEir it says €76.98

Thanks,
    The_Rev
    Hi The_Rev, 

Could you PM the following details and I will look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

Attached is the completed brochure myself and the sales rep went through.
    Can you confirm from that brochure what the price should be please after the 12 months is up?

Kind Regards,
    The_Rev

Hi Grainne,

Can you confirm from that brochure what the price should be please after the 12 months is up?

Kind Regards,
    The_Rev
    Hi The_Rev, 

I would be unable to advise of the price from your attachment. 

If you could PM the details I requested above I will check this for you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

Kind Regards,
    The_Rev
    Hi The_Rev, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

The attachment clearly states the price, it is your own brochure/ signup contract after all! 
    I only blanked out names/numbers.  Everything else the rep went through is on the brochure attached.

... unless of course the brochure is misleading or has missing information?
    surely this couldn't be the case.

The_Rev

• Advertisement

Hi Grainne,

Kind Regards,
    The_Rev
    Hi The_Rev, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

The attachment clearly states the price, it is your own brochure/ signup contract after all! 
    I only blanked out names/numbers.  Everything else the rep went through is on the brochure attached.

... unless of course the brochure is misleading or has missing information?
    surely this couldn't be the case.

The_Rev
    Hi The_Rev, 

The attachment that you sent only has the price for the 1000MB bundle after your plan has ended. 

If you wish for me to assist you further I will need you to send the information I requested. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

There's a reason that the price is omitted from the brochure.  It's so people like me will sign up while the sales rep is in your house explaining the deal and how it will be €55/pm after 12 months.... just like the brochure suggests.

I contacted the sales rep afterwards and he said he was not aware either and was angry that they put him in this situation.  

Totally not your fault Grainne.  But let buyer beware, I'm putting the information up here for people to see.

There's not much point in looking into it for me at your end, I've already contacted your colleagues via phone and heard the explanation, your customer service phone team have already confirmed the brochure is not truthful.

Kind regards,
    The_Rev.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Hi Grainne,

There's a reason that the price is omitted from the brochure.  It's so people like me will sign up while the sales rep is in your house explaining the deal and how it will be €55/pm after 12 months.... just like the brochure suggests.

I contacted the sales rep afterwards and he said he was not aware either and was angry that they put him in this situation.  

Totally not your fault Grainne.  But let buyer beware, I'm putting the information up here for people to see.

There's not much point in looking into it for me at your end, I've already contacted your colleagues via phone and heard the explanation, your customer service phone team have already confirmed the brochure is not truthful.

Kind regards,
    The_Rev.
    if its not truthful report them to COMREG and ASAI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Asai then Comreg.

Hi Grainne,

Kind regards,
    The_Rev.

Hi The_Rev, 

When you sign up for a plan with eir as a new customer you would always receive a welcome email. 

This welcome email will state what discounts have been applied to your account and it will always advise what price the plan will go to once your contract has ended. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

Yep, I received the welcome email and that's exactly why I'm writing to ask here.
    The sales rep told me €35.99 for the first 12 months and €55.99 thereafter.
    The brochure upon which I signed up to said the exact same.

But then my "welcome e-mail" said the price after the 12 months is €76.98
    "Standard price thereafter - €76.98 (Inc. VAT)"

Hi Grainne,

Yep, I received the welcome email and that's exactly why I'm writing to ask here.
    The sales rep told me €35.99 for the first 12 months and €55.99 thereafter.
    The brochure upon which I signed up to said the exact same.

But then my "welcome e-mail" said the price after the 12 months is €76.98
    "Standard price thereafter - €76.98 (Inc. VAT)"
    Hi The_Rev, 

My apologies if you were advised incorrectly. 

All of the prices of our plans are outlined on our website. 

I can only confirm what the agent advised you if you PM the details I requested previously. Otherwise, I am unable to assist you any further. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement