Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Jedi Fallen Order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Switched down to Jedi Knight during the last level and finished off the story. Enjoyed the game a lot overall. Pretty much all elements of the game work well, the maps are pretty well designed and the enemies can be very varied and tough. Story and performances were very decent too. Yeah, a pretty great game overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

A sequel could be in the works so happy days. Lot of good setup to explore. Spoiler, but for those of you who completed it
    the Darth Vader section shows once again, as if Rogue One wasn't enough, that we need a lot more Vader in our Star Wars expanded universe lives. Make it a movie, a TV series, games, whatever you like.

Finished the achievements tonight. Zeffo was an absolute pain to re-explore and find what I'd missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finished the achievements tonight. Zeffo was an absolute pain to re-explore and find what I'd missed.

I didn't bother going back for the most part, the map , while actually pretty useful, still didn't make it clear on how best to head for a particular objective. Simply adding the option to place a waypoint would have made it much more appealing. Also, went straight to playing modern warfare after This, and it was quite jarring to see Cere Junda immediately realised digitally in another game. The actress involved has been realised very clearly in both games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The map to me seems more concerned with looking as much like a map from Star Wars as possible than actually being easily readable :pac: I mean there are far worse maps in games, but yeah it feels like aesthetics before functionality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Got this on christmas day out of boredom and wow, I thought it was brilliant. On my second playthrough now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That was fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Anyone playing the PC version know how to get full GPU utilisation out of this game?
    I'm only getting 65% GPU usage most of the time on a i7 6700k and GTX 1070
    50 - 60 fps average but I should be able to get 100 if it would just make full use of my GPU.
    Lowering graphic settings just lowers gpu usage and I get the same frame rate.
    What the hell is going on?

Also the frame pacing is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

Have you vsync and framerate limit off?

Cordell wrote: »
    Have you vsync and framerate limit off?

Yes vsync off, it will not allow me to disable frame rate limit. I have it set to 144 and my monitor is set to 144 hz

You can see GPU usage here, 64% :(

2d6ae2f628e4d183d870b9d3d166610c.jpg

• Advertisement

It looks like something is capping the framerate at 60. Do you get more than 60 in other games?
    Check the Nvidia driver settings, maybe there is something there. Or better yet, do a clean install of the latest driver.

It looks like something is capping the framerate at 60. Do you get more than 60 in other games?
    Check the Nvidia driver settings, maybe there is something there. Or better yet, do a clean install of the latest driver.

It's not, I'm getting 45 - 75 fps but never more than 80% GPU usage.

Yup I get 99% GPU usage in all other games.
    441.66 Nvidia driver which is the latest driver but this is the only game that has this issue.
    Loads of posts from reddit with people having the same issue but they are mostly 6 weeks old and I can't imagine the problem persisting that long without being patched.

Well, it's a bad PC port, that was known. The framerate you get is reasonable so you can enjoy this game properly, as long as you don't get bad stuttering. It will be a week until I get back home to have a look myself at what performance I get now.

Well, it's a bad PC port, that was known. The framerate you get is reasonable so you can enjoy this game properly, as long as you don't get bad stuttering.

I should have read up more on it, I got it based off of positive reviews for the PC version.
    The real annoyance is frame pacing not FPS, apparently just as bad on the console versions so I don't think it's a porting issue.
    Is this developer known for this kind of thing?

From what I can see it's their first dip into UE4 so no history to refer to on this.

Still felt like playing after completing the story, so said I'd go trophy hunting and go after the chests and secrets.

I didn't mind the lack of fast travel during the story, but f*ck me it's badly needed if you're doing cleanup after. Also wish there were different variants of the bounty hunters. They're all just big robot, jetpack guy, or big robot & jetpack guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Penn wrote: »
    They're all just big robot, jetpack guy, or big robot & jetpack guy.
    There's shield and flashbang guy too. He's the most annoying.

Evade wrote: »
    There's shield and flashbang guy too. He's the most annoying.

Oh yeah, think I faced one of him alright.

OSI wrote: »
    I get about 95-99% GPU usage and average 100+ FPS and still get frame drop and frame pacing issues. Although I had just put it down to AMD and Unreal Engines well known dislike of each other.

That sounds slightly better than what I'm getting.
    On the plus side my PC uses less power in this game than most :pac:
    It's an issue on console too so I doubt it's because of drivers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fun game and what I’ve needed over the Christmas break... but it’s absolutely a game that never quite escapes being a cocktail of better games. The lightsaber combat is mostly cool and satisfying... but it’s not Sekiro (reminder that that game has the perfect parry). The sprawling maps are interesting... but they’re hardly Metroid Prime, and get increasingly confusing as you revisit locations. Even the wall running falls short of Respawn’s earlier efforts. Mix in a bit of Uncharted, a bland protagonist and lots of Star Wars and you’ve got as hard a 6-7/10 game as there has ever been. But it’s completely solid comfort food, with a handful of set pieces that allow it to rise above (oh, what Amy Hennig’s game could have been).

The one thing that I’m unreasonably annoyed by is how contrived the unlocking of force powers is - it just doesn’t make sense that Cal is ‘remembering’ them as he goes. And it fails dramatically in terms of worthwhile rewards for exploring - the endless ****e cosmetics are amusingly weak, with only the stim upgrades (nicked straight from the Souls’ games) feeling useful.

Plus point:
    double lightsabers
    ftw.

Minus point: strangely restrictive ‘force bar’ that discourages use of abilities until later in the game, even in fights when you actively need them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Was playing Jedi Outcast II over the last few days... How Kyle Katarn 'recaptures' his force a abilities isn't much better.

Cleaned up all the chests and secrets on Zeffo, Bogano and Ilun. Was working my way through Dathomir when I copped that there are also trophies for fully completing each map (including force echoes) and terrarium seeds. Will need to check the map but I can foresee myself having to revisit at least two of those maps again.

Please for the love of all that is good and holy patch in fast travel between meditation points after you've completed the story... It destroyed me trying to get back to the swamp area in Dathomir because I was trying to get into it from where you exit it in the story, but turns out you can't get back into it that way, so had to go all the way round the map to get into it from the other side. It's just painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

€43 cash for this in CEX. I shall be availing. Finding this boring as all hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Fun game and what I’ve needed over the Christmas break... but it’s absolutely a game that never quite escapes being a cocktail of better games. The lightsaber combat is mostly cool and satisfying... but it’s not Sekiro (reminder that that game has the perfect parry). The sprawling maps are interesting... but they’re hardly Metroid Prime, and get increasingly confusing as you revisit locations. Even the wall running falls short of Respawn’s earlier efforts. Mix in a bit of Uncharted, a bland protagonist and lots of Star Wars and you’ve got as hard a 6-7/10 game as there has ever been. But it’s completely solid comfort food, with a handful of set pieces that allow it to rise above (oh, what Amy Hennig’s game could have been).

The one thing that I’m unreasonably annoyed by is how contrived the unlocking of force powers is - it just doesn’t make sense that Cal is ‘remembering’ them as he goes. And it fails dramatically in terms of worthwhile rewards for exploring - the endless ****e cosmetics are amusingly weak, with only the stim upgrades (nicked straight from the Souls’ games) feeling useful.

Plus point:
    double lightsabers
    ftw.

Minus point: strangely restrictive ‘force bar’ that discourages use of abilities until later in the game, even in fights when you actively need them.

Agree with everything you said there Johnny, couldn't shake the feeling it was in sekiros shadow in relation to the parrying.

Felt that the combat was the weakest part , I did like the ending though .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've finished this and I can't believe that the hardest enemies in the entire game were the goats! :D Stormtroopers with batons that parry you a close second.

Some cool fan service at the end.

Cleaned up all the chests and secrets on Zeffo, Bogano and Ilun. Was working my way through Dathomir when I copped that there are also trophies for fully completing each map (including force echoes) and terrarium seeds. Will need to check the map but I can foresee myself having to revisit at least two of those maps again.

Get them plants collected and growing asap. They take a while to grow and the last thing you want is to have to idle the game for the trophy if you have everything else done.

Get them plants collected and growing asap. They take a while to grow and the last thing you want is to have to idle the game for the trophy if you have everything else done.

That was my worry but the last one grew in about 20 minutes, which was fine because the other final trophy I needed was the empowered slow one. Was wondering why it wasn't popping but I hadn't been doing the full empowered slow. Found some stormtroopers near a meditation point so just farmed them while waiting for my plants to grow.

Platinum achieved. Still enjoyed it in the end but the map design, while great during the story, really started to annoy me in the endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

That was my worry but the last one grew in about 20 minutes, which was fine because the other final trophy I needed was the empowered slow one. Was wondering why it wasn't popping but I hadn't been doing the full empowered slow. Found some stormtroopers near a meditation point so just farmed them while waiting for my plants to grow.

Platinum achieved. Still enjoyed it in the end but the map design, while great during the story, really started to annoy me in the endgame.

I use the empowered slow all the time but i don't hold it literally single press then attack so maybe that's why the trophy hasn't popped for me.

They really should enable fast travel when you revisit a planet would make it a lot easier and less tedious but you still have to explore on initial arrival.

jones wrote: »
    I use the empowered slow all the time but i don't hold it literally single press then attack so maybe that's why the trophy hasn't popped for me.

Yeah that's what I was doing too. I'd get an enemies health down low, hold it for maybe a second, then kill, but the trophy wasn't popping. Once you hold it down for about two seconds Cal does an extra motion and it slows down all enemies near him, not just one. Only when it does that does it count towards the trophy. Also only counts with one hit to kill them, so they have to be a weak enemy (basic stormtroopers, some animal enemies such as the likes on Bogano) or have low health where one hit while slowed will kill them.

• Advertisement

Yeah same as, you have to get him to do the T like gesture by holding it down.

Advertisement