Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Jedi Fallen Order

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It definitely helps that i only need to pay €15 to subscribe to Origin Prime for a month to play (and likely complete) it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Really delighted to hear it's like the Dark Souls games. Some of tbe best games ever made despite what others may say

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eurogamer review less than enthusiastic. Said they were bored for a lot of it and the story is drivel.

Eurogamer are normally very sceptical about everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vicxas wrote: »
    Eurogamer are normally very sceptical about everything.

I'd rather that than the blind reviewers on board the hype train which is the majority of publications on Metacritic, the IGNs and Easy Allies of the world.

Kat Bailey at USgamer gave it a 7/10. Wonderful combat but uneven pacing, technical issues, feels a bit rushed and the writing not being great as well seem to be her main points. Good but needed more time in the oven so the combat could shine through the not so good parts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,570 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've seen footage of the ingame (holo)map once the game opens up a little, it looks utterly horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Glad that for once a review embargo hadn't meant a brutal game.

I've impulsively bought it. 47 on dodgy key sites. I like metroidvanias and I like star wars. I'm gonna jump in and not gonna read any reviews. The high-ish marks people have quoted here are good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eurogamer review less than enthusiastic. Said they were bored for a lot of it and the story is drivel.

I read it, and it was a pretty glowing review up until she had to backtrack through the locations and that seems to be the main issue. I do hate it myself, especially if all the enemies you just killed just reappear. I'd be okay with running back through all the dead bodies, or a new group of enemies being there investigating. But just the same ones again and again is daft.

She did mention the thing I always bang on about with how reviewers play these games and how it gives a different impression than when players will play it.

"I'll admit crunching a Souls-like in less than four days is an unnatural and gruelling experience: I imagine if I'd played Fallen Order over several months, I would have been less frustrated, but probably still bored."

Watched the IGN review and they loved it, said it's about 20 hours, that enemies only respawn if you use the meditation and the story is great with a satisfying payoff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

hey guys, where would be the cheapest place to grab this?
    PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Smyths have it for 60 quid

• Advertisement

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd rather that than the blind reviewers on board the hype train which is the majority of publications on Metacritic, the IGNs and Easy Allies of the world.

Kat Bailey at USgamer gave it a 7/10. Wonderful combat but uneven pacing, technical issues, feels a bit rushed and the writing not being great as well seem to be her main points. Good but needed more time in the oven so the combat could shine through the not so good parts.

Like Death Stranding :P

It has an awful hour long intro with dreadful climbing mechanics, but gets going once you are given free reign. If your into metroidvania style exploring, this might be for you.

• What issues are you having with the climbing. It's a simple system that works more the fine.
    Dreadful it aint

What issues are you having with the climbing. It's a simple system that works more the fine.
    Dreadful it aint

It's slow, cumbersome and not fun at all. Majority of the intro was made up of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Enjoyed the intro level. Mix of Uncharted style platforming and a bit of light saber tomfoolery. Promising start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Enjoyed the intro level. Mix of Uncharted style platforming and a bit of light saber tomfoolery. Promising start

That stupid machine you had to unlock at the start I kept jumping off took me ages to figure it out.

I'm loving the atmosphere, it really feels like.a star wars game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh lovely people of the gaming boards, I await your reviews of this. And maybe someone will keep this in mind while playing to see if it may be worth my time:

- I don't like Dark Souls and their types
    - I'm not a fan of Star Wars (but Rogue One was good, the only good one)

So reading it so far, seems like it's not for me! But it does look good...

• Oh lovely people of the gaming boards, I await your reviews of this. And maybe someone will keep this in mind while playing to see if it may be worth my time:

- I don't like Dark Souls and their types
    - I'm not a fan of Star Wars (but Rogue One was good, the only good one)

So reading it so far, seems like it's not for me! But it does look good...

Difference being here is there are actual difficulty selections so if you are not into massive levels of infuriating difficulty then you can scale the difficulty up and down accordingly.
    It's way more forgiving in that sense.

However on point 2, it's authentic Star Wars which is great for fans although a bit more of a grim feel to it considering it's timeline. Can't help you there if you don't like Star Wars the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think when some people read 'dark souls game', they jump to 'infuriating difficulty' which i don't think a star wars game would ever have as, as posted above. I also have no interest in star wars but a video i watched earlier like like a game I'd really enjoy, definitely gonna pick it up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Played a fair bit of the game. It’s a real puzzle type of game.

I’m on planet zaffa trying to escape after getting what’s required and don’t know where to go!!! Some parts very frustrating,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

However on point 2, it's authentic Star Wars which is great for fans although a bit more of a grim feel to it considering it's timeline. Can't help you there if you don't like Star Wars the franchise.

This is it for me, I never really got into the dark souls type games so that was not a hook for me but you put it so well the authentic star wars feel is what I have fallen in love with.

I love BD1 and also how they have taken some of the plot devices like from the Kotor series
    cutting a Jedi off from the force.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone having audio lag issues during cut scenes? Audio is about 5 seconds behind the footage. Have tried a few bits to fix but nothing works so far

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Drumpot wrote: »
    Played a fair bit of the game. It’s a real puzzle type of game.

I’m on planet zaffa trying to escape after getting what’s required and don’t know where to go!!! Some parts very frustrating,

Ball puzzle is very straightforward, after that shortcut your way back to the ship.

Finished the opening sequence and have to say it's very very good.

Already have a feeling for the characters and story. To a certain extent I seem to zone out during the cut scenes in games now but this is top quality.

Pushed it up to "hard" and have died a fair few times already so it wont be a cake walk.

Was surprised to see CEX in Galway had a lot of copies already, not sure how that happened unless it came bundled with some new console that came out yesterday :/
    Used a voucher to buy it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Was surprised to see CEX in Galway had a lot of copies already, not sure how that happened unless it came bundled with some new console that came out yesterday :/
    Used a voucher to buy it there.

I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning before (for the first battlefront game) that staff in the call center all get a free copy so that might explain it, assuming I didn't imagine it or misremember what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, the Galway EA lads get copies but i thought it would digital codes. Checked CEX and and they have multiple copies in Limerick and Dublin, strange so early. Pity is the same price as in Argos and smyths.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, the Galway EA lads get copies but i thought it would digital codes. Checked CEX and and they have multiple copies in Limerick and Dublin, strange so early. Pity is the same price as in Argos and smyths.

Yeah but having credit just sitting there made it the cheapest of the three options.

Maybe it's the EA staff so as Galway having multiple copies seemed so strange.

Loved what I played so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ball puzzle is very straightforward, after that shortcut your way back to the ship.

Yeh thanks I figured that out, now stuck on a planet going round in circles. Can be hard to figure out some routes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This isnt a bad game tbh, the respawn mechanic makes no sense tho.

Once you unlock the force push well everything gets pushed off a ledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

The dark souls games including bloodborne aren't that difficult at all especially if you use the summoning mechanic to help with bosses

Advertisement