Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Jedi Fallen Order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This isnt a bad game tbh, the respawn mechanic makes no sense tho.

Once you unlock the force push well everything gets pushed off a ledge.

I find that force pushing people to their doom is probably the most satisfying part of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    The dark souls games including bloodborne aren't that difficult at all especially if you use the summoning mechanic to help with bosses

I never used summonings in DS or BB and didn't find either that difficult. Once you take your time and don't try rush through them they are fine. BB is probably my favorite game of this gen (closely followed by Sekiro).

Boss fights are a real highlight of these types of games and are really rewarding once you beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I got kinda thrown, the voice actor for your old master is the same actor for the king in Sofia the first (my girls watch it) took me ****ing ages to figure out where I knew it from.

Was a little disappointed you couldn't slash limbs off left and right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Played a lot of this over the weekend, found myself easily spending hours just exploring really enjoying it. Took me way too long to twig who was playing Cal. I do like the gameplay enjoy jumping and climbing around

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    The dark souls games including bloodborne aren't that difficult at all especially if you use the summoning mechanic to help with bosses

Question about souls games if i may, i loved the first Dark Souls but simply dont have the patience for boss fights over and over for ages but i loved everything else about the game.
    I never actually thought about summoning for boss help, how does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can basically summon 1+ people to help you take out the boss and since the boss Ai is set to deal with just one player it makes it a cake walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dcully wrote: »
    Question about souls games if i may, i loved the first Dark Souls but simply dont have the patience for boss fights over and over for ages but i loved everything else about the game.
    I never actually thought about summoning for boss help, how does it work?

Sounds like summoning would be perfect for you, makes quick (ish) work of the bosses so you can get back to the game. Offline there can be summon signs on the ground where an ai character will appear to help you out. Online, there are always multiple signs outside boss rooms from people who are waiting to be summoned to help out with a boss fight.

Jaysus i was totally ignorant to this feature thanks guys and sorry to go off topic for a bit.
    Time to reinstall the souls games i have on steam, i have 1 and 3

• I'm about 10 hours in now. Very much enjoying this.
    The mission structure and story delivery is really well done.
    Favorite planet so far has to be
    Kashyyyk
    Hijacking the
    AT-AT
    was brilliant spectacle including
    breaking out the wookies from prison
    also.

The acting is excellent also, on par with the movies
    Cameron Monaghan is very like-able hero as Cal Kestis
    Debra Wilson & Forrest Whitaker very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'm about 10 hours in now. Very much enjoying this.
    The mission structure and story delivery is really well done.
    Favorite planet so far has to be
    Kashyyyk
    Hijacking the
    AT-AT
    was brilliant spectacle including
    breaking out the wookies from prison
    also.

The acting is excellent also, on par with the movies
    Cameron Monaghan is very like-able hero as Cal Kestis
    Debra Wilson & Forrest Whitaker very good too

I found fighting the
    second sister the second time
    too hard and frustrating so had to lower the level for that part.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jaysus i was totally ignorant to this feature thanks guys and sorry to go off topic for a bit.

Good god man, how did you miss the jolly co-operation! :pac: There's PvP too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When summoning in Dark Souls, the correct procedure during the boss fight is to run and hide while the summoned player does all the work.

At least's how i played it :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    When summoning in Dark Souls, the correct procedure during the boss fight is to run and hide while the summoned player does all the work.

At least's how i played it :P

Not if you were co-oping with me. I can only imagine the amount of facepalming that went on as I fall off a ledge to my death after someone had wasted precious humanity on summoning such a useless clown.

• Drumpot wrote: »
    I found fighting the
    second sister the second time
    too hard and frustrating so had to lower the level for that part.

That's the joy of it. Drop it down if need be.
    I'm playing on Jedi Master. It's challenging for sure but enjoyable for me. I've spent a fair few skill points on Health and focus abilities which has helped.
    Jedi Grand Master looks mental!

Some games want to be stupidly hard for the sake of it. Hate all this 'git-gud' crap.
    Some games have technical issues preventing systems working correctly like Sekiro (on console anyway).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Good god man, how did you miss the jolly co-operation! :pac: There's PvP too!

I knew about the pvp but im embarrassed i missed this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Twice I have hopped off the 2nd sister
    only for what happens to happen, very frustrating.

Playing on default and also anoyed with the Sir Chogs? fight. Also hopped off him only for what happens to happen. The dodge kick can set up someone for a 4 hit combo if you dodge their attack. Dodge Kick. X,X and Y does serious damage to most enemies.

Took me way longer than it should to figure out the shrine on Zeppo (the raise/lower one), considering I was staring at the answer for most of my perplexed state.

• Spoiler tags!^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I knew about the pvp but im embarrassed i missed this feature.

In fairness, If you were playing offline, its easy to miss. you dont get any of the, erm 'helpful' messages on the ground and the summon signs don't show up either.
    Its hard to know how populated the game is at any given time also, but if you check online, you'll see the popular places for the summoning signs.
    There are also a number of NPC's that can be summon, provided you've fulfilled whatever esoteric requirements were needed to trigger them.

Nothing worse than a summon getting a boss down to a sliver of health, then getting brave and thinking you'll finish them off only to be one shotted and you can smell the disappointment from your co op buddy as they stare at your dead body before evaporating.

Back on topic, Suni makes some brilliant gifs, this looks really good.

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1196147661528805379?s=19

Just got the double bladed sabre......hahahah its OP as fcuk :D

On Dartmir when you meet the wander drop left and continue on the path heading under where you came from.

• Advertisement

Is there a way to increase the sensitivity of looking around with the right stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

You can summon in this game?

Bought this today while i could I still get, mad to get stuck in to see that all this space wars is about but don't think I'll be able to start it until after I'm finished death stranding.

Edit: is there anything i should know about the setting? I keep seeing ref to order 66 from one of the films, is it worth wiki'ing something or do they explain it all in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Bought this today while i could I still get, mad to get stuck in to see that all this space wars is about but don't think I'll be able to start it until after I'm finished death stranding.

Edit: is there anything i should know about the setting? I keep seeing ref to order 66 from one of the films, is it worth wiki'ing something or do they explain it all in the game?

Basically order 66 was to wipe out all the Jedi. This guy was a jedi kid that escaped the masacare and has been in hiding since.

Basically order 66 was to wipe out all the Jedi. This guy was a jedi kid that escaped the masacare and has been in hiding since.

Oooo a bunch of good guys being hunted down, sounds like a good plot. Was that in a film?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Oooo a bunch of good guys being hunted down, sounds like a good plot. Was that in a film?

Yeah in episode 3, Revenge of the Sith. This game is set between that and the original 1977 episode 4.

This is the clip from the movie, it is covered in the game too.

https://youtu.be/5c7jNYpPFzE

God that CGI didn't age well.

Yeah in episode 3, Revenge of the Sith. This game is set between that and the original 1977 episode 4.

This is the clip from the movie, it is covered in the game too.

https://youtu.be/5c7jNYpPFzE

God that CGI didn't age well.

Ha, i had googled it and just finished watching that clip. Yupp, thought that cgi looked well shyte. I watched star wars ep 1 and half of 2, completely put me off even attempting 3 but that clip was better than what i watched of the 2 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Your problem now is that these games are old enough so not many if any people will have their summon signs down. There are Facebook groups where you can ask for help . You just need to password match for this to work . To Summon is dark souls 1 you need to be in human form by humanity and in dark souls 3 embers. Forget what ds2 is. To Summon in bloodborne you need to get the beckoning bell

Ha, i had googled it and just finished watching that clip. Yupp, thought that cgi looked well shyte. I watched star wars ep 1 and half of 2, completely put me off even attempting 3 but that clip was better than what i watched of the 2 before.

Episode 3 is probably the best of that bad bunch

• Advertisement

Just finished it there, thats probably the best action jedi star wars game made yet (kotor was an RPG).

Tbh its not hard and the game wants you to be OP, the exploration side tracks you but ultimatley rewards you for it.

Very enjoyable game not too long and not too short but you are massively OP by the 5th chapter, its nothing like Dark Souls not sure where that comparison came from, there is a bit of Metroid about it and re traversing which is not boring.

Only gripe is certain "main" enemies are immune to certain OP moves.

MASSIVE SPOILER SERIOUSY MASSIVE
    At the end after I beat the 2nd sister for what felt like the 15th time and Vader shows up, I was like yeah I have 6 stims....i can take him :D

Respawn pound for pound the best developer active at the minute, 4 for 4 now * see OP for context.

Advertisement