Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road racing style

Options
  • 28-02-2019 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

It's good to see someone asking for a ban on that dangerous hand/arm position in road races, replicating the TT tri-bar position on top of the bars.
    http://www.stickybottle.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

learn wrote: »
    It's good to see someone asking for a ban on that dangerous hand/arm position in road races, replicating the TT tri-bar position on top of the bars.
    http://www.stickybottle.com/

There is no link to a story, thats just the general site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Very general article. How many accidents have been caused by this style of riding? How many riders have fallen as a result of hitting a bump while resting their forearms on the bar tops? I'd hazard very very very few. UCI once again show their lack of intelligence and credibility.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's already banned:
    In all Road Races including Criteriums riders must not at any time ride with either of their forearms on the tops of their handlebars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Shush, my first win is going to come from getting everyone else disqualified on technicalities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Damn! Going by the title I thought this thread would be about sock height, eye wear, tan lines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Damn! Going by the title I thought this thread would be about sock height, eye wear, tan lines etc.

All your serious style questions are dealt with in this thread. Happy Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

"And maybe leave the sprinting to more experienced riders."

Wow. Just wow.

I'll hit my 550w sprint in whatever race I'm good enough to make it to the finish line to thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Very general article. How many accidents have been caused by this style of riding? How many riders have fallen as a result of hitting a bump while resting their forearms on the bar tops? I'd hazard very very very few. UCI once again show their lack of intelligence and credibility.

Very very few I'd say. I've used it at times when either out the back or off the front in a small group and in both these cases only ride like that when on the front and the road is straight and safe.

And if I do ever get placed again and get disqualified/demoted for doing it I'll just pretend that the disqualification didn't happen and my final placement was real :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Dunno about the rest of the races but the Comms made a point of mentioning this before the start of the A1/A2 yesterday in Summer hill. Was good to hear. In fairness they said if they saw anyone doing it they'd issue a warning first as they admitted themselves that you're never really thinking all that clearly when on the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Saw a lad come a cropper at the Deenside Cup due to this last year. The funny part was it was on the climb, in the group. He was only young but it’s a hard way to learn that lesson.

Advertisement