Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding additional sensors

• 28-02-2019 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a GSDi70 alarm system and recently got a new shed out the back. I would like to extend the alarm out to the shed with some wireless contact sensors.
    Is it possible to buy some generic sensors online and add them myself ? Seems easy enough but GSD keep referring me to my original installer. Don't really want to pay him to come out for something I could possibly do myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Only GSD sensors will work unless you use some sort generic quick bridge and wire into one of your wired zones. A bit messy really.
    How far is the shed from the panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Need to measure it but at a guess about 10-12 meters, with one external house wall to pass.
    Would you know of a re-seller/distributer that the general public can buy GSD kit from ? Or shall I just call the installer :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GSD only sell to licenced installers. Something they protect rigorously. Second hand via ebay adverts etc might be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gaz wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a GSDi70 alarm system and recently got a new shed out the back. I would like to extend the alarm out to the shed with some wireless contact sensors.
    Is it possible to buy some generic sensors online and add them myself ? Seems easy enough but GSD keep referring me to my original installer. Don't really want to pay him to come out for something I could possibly do myself.

Thanks!

Just buy one off him and install it yourself :D

Advertisement