Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to switch?

Options
  • 28-02-2019 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I'm on a dual electric/gas bundle with Bord Gais. 

My contract is up on 16th April 2019.

When is the best time to ring Electric Ireland to do the switchover, and ensure I'm not in breach of contract / avoid early exit fee with Bord Gais?

Thanks!
    <!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi The Ayatolla,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

You actually must wait until the day after your contract with the other provider ends - it is not necessary to give advance notice. Your supply will not be affected. The switching process is one of back-dating - however long it takes (usually just a matter of days) your switch date will be back-dated to the day you completed the switching form and the meter-reading(s) you used.

When the process is completed, you will receive a final bill from your previous provider for usage and charges up to the switching meter-reading and date, and your billing with Electric Ireland will commence from that meter-reading and date onwards.

You can make the switch online here on the Electric Ireland website.

The €200 bonus credit will be applied to your electricity account at the beginning, and it will pre-pay €200 worth of electricity billing. You will receive an 8% saving off the units used on each bill every two months.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Thanks Una. 

Can I use the €200 credit to buy the Nest + Installation for 130euros? 

My plan is to move to Electric Ireland and purchase two Nests, so looking for the best and most cost effective way to do this. Would calling the Sales line be advised?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi The Ayatolla,

You can avail of the whole lot (the €200 credit and the Nest smart/learning thermostat for €130) when you switch online.

A second Nest thermostat costs more than €130 if you contact the Home Services team about this on 1850 372 333 (they are open until 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement