Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best solution for uneven plastering

Options
  • 28-02-2019 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all

I am renovating a house that I just moved into that has very bad plastering on the walls of the stairs and landing. It is a very old house (100+ years old) and it would be a big job to get the plasterwork redone so we are looking at wallpaper solutions. I know Anagypta is a common option used but I'm not keen on it, and I was wondering if anyone in similar situations might be able to suggest another alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

JudyN wrote: »
    Hi all

I am renovating a house that I just moved into that has very bad plastering on the walls of the stairs and landing. It is a very old house (100+ years old) and it would be a big job to get the plasterwork redone so we are looking at wallpaper solutions. I know Anagypta is a common option used but I'm not keen on it, and I was wondering if anyone in similar situations might be able to suggest another alternative?

Thanks in advance.

The bocketyness of old houses adds to their appeal so you needn't be aiming for billiard table smooth.

Depending on how bad the plaster was you could do some local smoothing with a repair plaster (very fine and easy to sand) and cover with a plain, thick lining paper. After than, paint with near matt which hides the blemishes far better than higher sheen paints (the same thing as using eggshell instead of gloss on battered woodwork)

Advertisement