Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor customer service

Options
  • 28-02-2019 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I have rang 1905 twice today and been on hold for 30mins and 8mins respectively. The second time I was put through to the wrong department twice. I also tried webchat but the agent was not able to help me and told me I had to ring customer care. I wish to cancel my sim only 30 day contract. Can someone please arrange a call back for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

ondarack wrote: »
    I have rang 1905 twice today and been on hold for 30mins and 8mins respectively. The second time I was put through to the wrong department twice. I also tried webchat but the agent was not able to help me and told me I had to ring customer care. I wish to cancel my sim only 30 day contract. Can someone please arrange a call back for me.
    Hi ondarack

Unfortunately we can't arrange call backs or cancellations through the Social Media Department.  Please click here for more information on cancelling your services.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

As the website the reps referenced says:

You can of course write a letter and post it if you wish. (You'd probably want to register it, in case it gets lost. 8 Eurots for An Post.) Always nice to have a chat with the good folks in the local post office.

Or you could call again and listen to Eirs grand selection of tunes.

Sure you have nothing better to be doing with your time.

But I'm all for using this new fanged ultra modern Email thing.

Eir have an agreement with ComReg that all complaints sent to

ccm@eir.ie

will be worked.

Send the cancellation as a complaint.

Make sure you include the account number, first line of address DOB and confirm you are the account holder.

Jays, this email modern technology is shockin handy altogether.

So registered letter, tunes or email , ...... the choice is all yours.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

paddy19 wrote: »

You can of course write a letter and post it if you wish. (You'd probably want to register it, in case it gets lost. 8 Eurots for An Post.) Always nice to have a chat with the good folks in the local post office.

ccm@eir.ie

will be worked.

Make sure you include the account number, first line of address DOB and confirm you are the account holder.

Thanks very much for your helpful reply.

I went and listened to more tunes today, I finally got through to loyalty department after being on hold for 34 mins but the eir customer service agent decided that he would put me on hold for a further 26minutes, I hung up on the hour mark as I had enough tunes listened to.

I logged a complaint on the website and on it I notified them of my wish to cancel.

Its really leaving a sour taste after never before really having a problem with eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

ccm@eir.ie

will be worked.

I went and listened to more tunes today, I finally got through to loyalty department after being on hold for 34 mins but the eir customer service agent decided that he would put me on hold for a further 26minutes, I hung up on the hour mark as I had enough tunes listened to.

I logged a complaint on the website and on it I notified them of my wish to cancel.

Its really leaving a sour taste after never before really having a problem with eir.
    Hi ondarak, 

Sorry to hear you were put on hold for this long. 

Did the agent advise that they were in the loyalty team? 

Could you PM the following and I can check if your cancellation request was processed? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

ccm@eir.ie

will be worked.

Hi ondarak, 

Could you PM the following and I can check if your cancellation request was processed? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hello Grainne,

I have still not received a reply from Eir customer service!
    I logged the complaint on the 1st of March, it is now the 11th of March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

ccm@eir.ie

will be worked.

Hi ondarak, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hello Grainne,

I have still not received a reply from Eir customer service!
    I logged the complaint on the 1st of March, it is now the 11th of March.
    Hi ondarack, 

Sorry to hear you did not receive a reply. 

Did you receive a response with a reference number when you sent this email? 

If so could you PM this reference number and your email address and I will escalate this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭bluetractor

34 minutes?

WOW - That a huge improvement on the one hour +++ that people have had to wait in recent weeks just to get the call answered.

Whilst you can't fault the staff, the management of the customer service changeover from call centres to in-house teams must go down as the worst in corporate history. Almost, but not quite as bad as UK gov brexit planning. 
    Seems the eir management thought they'd close down all the outsourced call centres and only then start recruiting new staff. In any other company, such incompetence would result in immediate dismissal.

So don't blame the front facing staff for incompetent management 

Advertisement