Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Travel

• 28-02-2019 3:21pm
    Site Banned Posts: 101 ✭✭

Where is the best place in Ireland to travel and what cities and towns are the nicest for a student to go to

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Have you got a job yet where you can earn money for a trip over here???

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057959529

For anyone who hasn't seen that other thread - it started out with what seemed a genuine enough request for help in findinga job, but quickly descended into farce, before this guy was outed as a serial troller of UK sites, who didn't even realise this is an Irish site instead. It ended up with beauties from him like 'does anybody have any advice what i could do. I want to change my personality. If I change my IP address by switching off the router is that a good way.'

Just google 'samthefootball' for other examples of his past contributions in other places.

• Site Banned Posts: 101 ✭✭Samthefootball

Duffryman wrote: »
    Have you got a job yet where you can earn money for a trip over here???

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057959529

For anyone who hasn't seen that other thread - it started out with what seemed a genuine enough request for help in findinga job, but quickly descended into farce, before this guy was outed as a serial troller of UK sites, who didn't even realise this is an Irish site instead. It ended up with beauties from him like 'does anybody have any advice what i could do. I want to change my personality. If I change my IP address by switching off the router is that a good way.'

Just google 'samthefootball' for other examples of his past contributions in other places.

That is not the point. I don't know why people are so mean on here. i am asking for different advice unrelated

Nobody was mean to you here until you reacted the way you did to replies that were intended as helpful advice.

I'm curious to see how you might react here too. Anyway, I'll get the ball rolling by saying that if I had to pick any one place in Ireland to come for a weekend trip from the UK, it'd probably be Cork. Galway would be a close second. If you're on a budget, avoid Dublin. If you've the means to travel around a bit, do a section of the Wild Atlantic Way. Any of it. It's all spectacular.

Duffryman wrote: »
    Nobody was mean to you here until you reacted the way you did to replies that were intended as helpful advice.

I'm curious to see how you might react here too. Anyway, I'll get the ball rolling by saying that if I had to pick any one place in Ireland to come for a weekend trip from the UK, it'd probably be Cork. Galway would be a close second. If you're on a budget, avoid Dublin. If you've the means to travel around a bit, do a section of the Wild Atlantic Way. Any of it. It's all spectacular.

and what about the bus and train links what are they like in ireland

Depends where you're going and when you want to go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Definitely don’t come to Galway!

Whose paying for this trip? The taxpayers of the UK?

i have disability benefits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd say he'd hate Cork too. Definitely don't come to Cork.

I hear Mullingar is lovely.

Thoie wrote: »
    I'd say he'd hate Cork too. Definitely don't come to Cork.

I hear Mullingar is lovely.

why not

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Stay out of Dublin too, there's a lot of fast food places around and people too - neither of which you seem to like!

• Advertisement

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Stay out of Dublin too, there's a lot of fast food places around and people too - neither of which you seem to like!

i like people

I just want to apologise to people on hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

I just want to apologise to people on hear

Is Sam like Wilson from Cast away?

H ha lol no. I do like travelling though

H ha lol no. I do like travelling though

Might want to get a jobby job first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Stay in the UK... Please.

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Might want to get a jobby job first

hopefully that will come soon but i am not hard up.

Stay in the UK... Please.

um why. i want to travel to new places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yeah you seem to want alot of things rather than going getting them

Yeah you seem to want alot of things rather than going getting them

like i said in the last thread. getting a job is very difficult

• Advertisement

like i said in the last thread. getting a job is very difficult

Sam Sam listen Man if you can't do it no one can

What are the train links like in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

What are the train links like in ireland

http://www.irishrail.ie

nice it sounds like a good place to travel. can't wait to have a Guinness there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

You'd hate Waterford. We have 3 McDonald's and fcek all else.

doesn't seem like a bad place but i would prefer somewhere like Dublin i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

doesn't seem like a bad place but i would prefer somewhere like Dublin i think

You could visit the dolphins in Dolphins Barn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Samthefootball - you really can’t afford to visit Ireland unless you’re planning on staying in hostels. You don’t sound like you know anybody here and you are an unemployed student living in the UK. I’m not being negative, just honest. Accommodation in Dublin, Galway and Cork is not cheap. Eating and drinking out is not cheap.
    Travelling is great, but it’s quite a challenge if you’re skint.

Advertisement