Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERIOUS Problems getting Eir Service Moved

Options
  • 28-02-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We've been having SERIOUS problems with eir, and moving our service to our new address. The house we are moving to is about 10 meters away, and an eir tech physically verified that both are wired properly to the eir pole... each is a distinct address, has had service in the past, and has different Eircodes.  (The address is in Dublin, right on a very major road)

The problem is the house we are moving to is technically not in your system, and was told there is only a single ARD key tied to BOTH of the Eir Codes.

When we originally called to get service into the house we are moving into, we were told an ARD key had to be created, it would take 3-5 days (5 MAX), you'd text/email us when finished, and we'd be good to go.   After a week we called back, and there was still nothing done.  The agent said he'd create a 2nd request, and we'd hear back soon.  Another week went by, and still nothing happened.  Called back again, they created a 3rd request.   It is now over 3 weeks, and NO ONE can help us.  I am confident that nothing is currently being done, and every single phone number or department we call (we've called dozens of times), every agent says it is not their job & there is nothing they can do.

Everything with the house is ready, EXCEPT the internet, and Eir is the only option available here.  We were supposed to move in a week ago, but cannot do so until the house has Internet (I work from home, and 100% need it).  So we are living in limbo solely because Eir does not have an address listed in their system.  The house can be hooked up right now, but the tech SOLELY needs an address to connect it to.  That's it.

At this point every person we've talked to said 'it's not their department, and they don't know whose department it is', or made big promises and said they call us back, and never did (this has happened 4 times now, not a single call back / text / email)  So we simply need this message to be forwarded to the person who can simply enter the new address in so we can get service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

We've been having SERIOUS problems with eir, and moving our service to our new address. The house we are moving to is about 10 meters away, and an eir tech physically verified that both are wired properly to the eir pole... each is a distinct address, has had service in the past, and has different Eircodes.  (The address is in Dublin, right on a very major road)

The problem is the house we are moving to is technically not in your system, and was told there is only a single ARD key tied to BOTH of the Eir Codes.

When we originally called to get service into the house we are moving into, we were told an ARD key had to be created, it would take 3-5 days (5 MAX), you'd text/email us when finished, and we'd be good to go.   After a week we called back, and there was still nothing done.  The agent said he'd create a 2nd request, and we'd hear back soon.  Another week went by, and still nothing happened.  Called back again, they created a 3rd request.   It is now over 3 weeks, and NO ONE can help us.  I am confident that nothing is currently being done, and every single phone number or department we call (we've called dozens of times), every agent says it is not their job & there is nothing they can do.

Everything with the house is ready, EXCEPT the internet, and Eir is the only option available here.  We were supposed to move in a week ago, but cannot do so until the house has Internet (I work from home, and 100% need it).  So we are living in limbo solely because Eir does not have an address listed in their system.  The house can be hooked up right now, but the tech SOLELY needs an address to connect it to.  That's it.

At this point every person we've talked to said 'it's not their department, and they don't know whose department it is', or made big promises and said they call us back, and never did (this has happened 4 times now, not a single call back / text / email)  So we simply need this message to be forwarded to the person who can simply enter the new address in so we can get service.
    Hi 234234wsdfsf

I have replied to your pm

Thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 7 234234wsdfsf

PM sent.  At the end of the day, no one on the phone/chat/email seems to be able to help, and the answer I've been given about 20 times is 'We have to submit an ARD key request' and we'll get back to you in 1/2/3/4/5 days.  Every single time no result.  Simply want to get in touch with the person or department who can actually help, because I can easily see this process continuing forever.

PM sent.  At the end of the day, no one on the phone/chat/email seems to be able to help, and the answer I've been given about 20 times is 'We have to submit an ARD key request' and we'll get back to you in 1/2/3/4/5 days.  Every single time no result.  Simply want to get in touch with the person or department who can actually help, because I can easily see this process continuing forever.
    Reply sent 

Thanks Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mistermu

hi - I went trough a similar nightmare with the Move Home team. Nobody acts on anything, they just keep on asking you to call the same number again and again. I'd suggest you send a complaint email to ccm@eir.ie and then escalate it to the Com Reg. 

Thanks, I actually submitted a complaint there yesterday (still waiting to hear back).  Will make sure to get that escalated.   A bunch of different people at eir have told me they are 'working on it', but heard that before so trying every avenue.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I actually submitted a complaint there yesterday (still waiting to hear back).  Will make sure to get that escalated.   A bunch of different people at eir have told me they are 'working on it', but heard that before so trying every avenue.
    Hi 234234wsdfsf

I have responded in pm

Thanks

Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi 234234wsdfsf

I have responded in pm

Thanks

Linzi
    Yes, crossing my fingers that works.  But at this point have had 5 different people promise similar things over the past 3 weeks, and but as of this moment the issue is still outstanding.

This is getting really really bad now. We finally get an order number, and account number , and an appointment tomorrow for 1pm. As I mentioned before we can't move in until Eircom is in there, so we booked movers and an Electrician to be there tomorrow at 1pm so we can finally move in.

I called today to confirm the appointment (wanted to be 100% sure after ALL these problems), and they told us that Eircom cancelled our order without telling us, and they have no idea what the problem could be. We can't cancel the movers at this stage, and the Eircom rep said that we'd have to place a brand new order AFTER they figure out what was wrong, and if that is done FAST the very earliest possible someone could come out was next Tuesday.

This is 100% unacceptable for us, it's too late now and we have no idea what we are going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mistermu

This is getting really really bad now. We finally get an order number, and account number , and an appointment tomorrow for 1pm. As I mentioned before we can't move in until Eircom is in there, so we booked movers and an Electrician to be there tomorrow at 1pm so we can finally move in.

I called today to confirm the appointment (wanted to be 100% sure after ALL these problems), and they told us that Eircom cancelled our order without telling us, and they have no idea what the problem could be. We can't cancel the movers at this stage, and the Eircom rep said that we'd have to place a brand new order AFTER they figure out what was wrong, and if that is done FAST the very earliest possible someone could come out was next Tuesday.

This is 100% unacceptable for us, it's too late now and we have no idea what we are going to do.
    I would recommend to contact the Com Reg. After I escalated my issue to the Com Reg, Eir "magically" contacted me within few days....

Will try anything at this point.

Worst thing is, Eir didn't even bother to call us to tell us there was any kind of issue.  It took me calling in to find this out (after being on hold for AN HOUR [every time]), and then they can't even tell us what the problem is.

To add to that, their solution was 'I have to send this off to find out what went wrong, we'll get back to you in 48 hours'.   Over the last month, I've been told that FIVE times by FIVE different people on the phone, and guess how many times I actually got a call/text or email back.... ZERO. Convinced that is just their way of getting you off the phone.

• Advertisement

Will try anything at this point.

Worst thing is, Eir didn't even bother to call us to tell us there was any kind of issue.  It took me calling in to find this out (after being on hold for AN HOUR [every time]), and then they can't even tell us what the problem is.

To add to that, their solution was 'I have to send this off to find out what went wrong, we'll get back to you in 48 hours'.   Over the last month, I've been told that FIVE times by FIVE different people on the phone, and guess how many times I actually got a call/text or email back.... ZERO.  Convinced that is just their way of getting you off the phone.
    Hi 234234wsdfsf

I have sent you a pm

Thanks

Linzi

Advertisement