Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Eir customer service get any worse?

• 28-02-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

I just had another woeful experience trying to deal with an Eir customer service representative. After being on hold for 1hr 17mins the last time I tried calling I hit up the webchat in the hopes that I wouldn't lose the will to live...

...It took 23 minutes of extracting information from me (Name, address, DOB, method of payment, amount of last bill, eir account number .. ) to get them to even look at my bill. Eventually I said I was no longer comfortable with the level of information they were requesting!

Then, they went and changed my account password without even telling me, never mind asking for my consent! 

Two weeks ago I got an email welcoming me to my new contract, that I hadn't taken out and when I did finally get through to them they had indeed signed me up to a contract I didn't request. And on top of all this, they tried to charge me early cancellation fees for broadband even though I was out of contract! 

I am so over Eir and am counting down the months until my mobile contract is finished. They used to be such a great company to deal with. 

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

furrybones wrote: »
    I just had another woeful experience trying to deal with an Eir customer service representative. After being on hold for 1hr 17mins the last time I tried calling I hit up the webchat in the hopes that I wouldn't lose the will to live...

...It took 23 minutes of extracting information from me (Name, address, DOB, method of payment, amount of last bill, eir account number .. ) to get them to even look at my bill. Eventually I said I was no longer comfortable with the level of information they were requesting!

Then, they went and changed my account password without even telling me, never mind asking for my consent! 

Two weeks ago I got an email welcoming me to my new contract, that I hadn't taken out and when I did finally get through to them they had indeed signed me up to a contract I didn't request. And on top of all this, they tried to charge me early cancellation fees for broadband even though I was out of contract! 

I am so over Eir and am counting down the months until my mobile contract is finished. They used to be such a great company to deal with. 
    They are disgraceful.  I just spent half an hour on the web chat, not in a position to stay on hold ad nauseum.  Technical support passed me to web technical team, who passed me to fixed services, then back to technical support, back to fixed service, advised to call 1901 for one issue (no mobile data at all since yesterday), then sent to technical team for the fact that my router keeps kicking us off the internet, back to the fixed care team, back to the technical team, got through to someone who assured me that "He will surely be looking into my concern", then cut off after 10 minutes of inactivity on his end and me talking to myself trying to keep the chat session alive. Surely this lack of support is grounds for early termination of contract, as it stands I am paying for an unusable service. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Yes, it can.
    Got a letter about my new contract which sent all my details of bank and code plus my account number with EIR. it said if any details were wrong to contact them within 7 days of the letter. Letter had not date.

Plus I could call 1901. But looking at comments no one can connect to it.

Yes, it can.
    Got a letter about my new contract which sent all my details of bank and code plus my account number with EIR. it said if any details were wrong to contact them within 7 days of the letter. Letter had not date.

Plus I could call 1901. But looking at comments no one can connect to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Don't worry lads - it's all in hand
    https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eir-says-poor-customer-service-a-key-priority-37862192.html

Whatever about long delays getting through to customer service - if you had to wait and then get your issues resolved that would be one thing but people are 100% being given the run around between the stress of 'we will call you back' which never seems to happen to asking to close an account only to realise they have signed you up to a new package etc 
    It's beyond a joke at this stage. 

Yes, saw that. But how long will it take? What is annoying is that they advise one to contact CS on 1901 but people find it difficult to get through. The EIR shops cannot handle anything except.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭furrybones

Oh it gets better. 

I received a text this morning warning me of excessively high usage on my account and now they are seeking €99.99 in excess usage fees. Haven't done anything different this month to last month, or any other month, and suddenly I owe €99.99??!!! Well, the only thing I've done differently is cancel my contract with them! 

Time to cancel my direct debit. 

<snip>

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

haha madness. I can see this drama going on for a while yet

I had broadband issues last week and prayed to all the gods that a simple switch off and switch back on again would solve it and it did. After reading all these posts I had the absolute fear of having to call up to try get through to CS. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi furrybones, 

Sorry to hear of the poor experience. 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

As soon as I get this information I will look into this for you. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

It's horrendous. Tried the online chat twice and was run around circles and told to phone. Unfortunately had to give up on phoning 3 times as was waiting over an hour each time on hold. Disgraceful. Was all set to tell them where to put their phone contract!
    Will say when i went into the shop the guy was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful. Thank you nice guy in swords branch.
    Eir sort your customer call sh@t out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 StephenOT

Got through to the customer service team on my second time trying, both wait times over one hour. I was looking to cancel my contract with them ( 30 day rolling contract for my phone) and I was told that if I cancelled it then and there I would not be able to switch my number to another network also that if I went to a different provider they would switch my number for me and it would automatically cancel my contract with eir. Does anyone know if this is true? The last thing I want is to be paying for two different networks.

• Advertisement

StephenOT wrote: »
    Got through to the customer service team on my second time trying, both wait times over one hour. I was looking to cancel my contract with them ( 30 day rolling contract for my phone) and I was told that if I cancelled it then and there I would not be able to switch my number to another network also that if I went to a different provider they would switch my number for me and it would automatically cancel my contract with eir. Does anyone know if this is true? The last thing I want is to be paying for two different networks.
    That's how we did it when we switched providers. 

I would just make sure to call to cancel to cover yourself, take account of who you spoke to, which centre and date/time. Then go with another provider. 

Guys I have to give a shout out to customer care rep Karen in Dublin. She called me back within minutes of having to hang up on me due to a fire alarm. I was 40 minutes on the phone with her and she sorted EVERYTHING.... my phone bundle, discounts, excess charges (that should never have been there!) and even an overcharge on my current bill. 

Assuming all that she said will happen actually does happen, the girl is a ray of sunshine in the misery that is Eir customer service lately. If she was in the room I would have hugged her. 

Had I got a "Karen" on the phone in January when all this started, I might not have cancelled my broadband contract. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Guys I have to give a shout out to customer care rep Karen in Dublin. She called me back within minutes of having to hang up on me due to a fire alarm. I was 40 minutes on the phone with her and she sorted EVERYTHING.... my phone bundle, discounts, excess charges (that should never have been there!) and even an overcharge on my current bill. 

Assuming all that she said will happen actually does happen, the girl is a ray of sunshine in the misery that is Eir customer service lately. If she was in the room I would have hugged her. 

Had I got a "Karen" on the phone in January when all this started, I might not have cancelled my broadband contract. 
    Hi furrybones

The office you got through to was in Sligo.  Thanks for the positive feedback I will be sure to pass this along to Karen.

Regards

Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi furrybones

The office you got through to was in Sligo.  Thanks for the positive feedback I will be sure to pass this along to Karen.

Regards

Linzi
    It was indeed Sligo. My error. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

StephenOT wrote: »
    Hi StephenOT, 

Yes, this information is correct. If your account is cancelled you would lose that number. If you wish to move to a new network they can send a request to eir to release your number to there network and this will close your eir account. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi furrybones

Regards

Linzi
    It was indeed Sligo. My error. 
    Hi furrybones

If you can pm me your account number, I can see who it was that dealt with so efficiently and get the positive feedback to them directly.

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement