Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bucket for pet lamb

• 28-02-2019 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I bought a bucket today for feeding pet lambs. The brand is a neogen and it has 3 years. Anyone know how the bracket works for hanging bucket on gate. I can't figure it out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Tomjim wrote: »
    I bought a bucket today for feeding pet lambs. The brand is a neogen and it has 3 years. Anyone know how the bracket works for hanging bucket on gate. I can't figure it out

https://animalsafety.neogen.com/en/ideal-lamb-bucket
    If that's the bucket the hanger is upside down in the picture, turn it up the other way and screw it to a wall and hang the bucket on it
    You could screw the hanger to a board , bore a few holes ìn the board and tie the board to a gate with snap ties, but it'd be hard to get it firm with all the pucking that goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭arctictree

I find those brackets useless. Had to hold the bucket down or they would constantly puck it over. Probably better to get some large screws and screw it straight onto a length of timber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

arctictree wrote: »
    I find those brackets useless. Had to hold the bucket down or they would constantly puck it over. Probably better to get some large screws and screw it straight onto a length of timber.

It could be too low, I made a bracket from steel to bolt to the wall and the hangers on an adjustable slide up and down, I cut a similar hanger out of 1ml flat galvanise with longer tongues to go into the slits on the bucket, but even at that if it's too low they'll peg it around the pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭roosky

wrangler wrote: »
    https://animalsafety.neogen.com/en/ideal-lamb-bucket
    If that's the bucket the hanger is upside down in the picture, turn it up the other way and screw it to a wall and hang the bucket on it
    You could screw the hanger to a board , bore a few holes ìn the board and tie the board to a gate with snap ties, but it'd be hard to get it firm with all the pucking that goes on

That I done was screwed two pieces of timber to each other either side of the sheep hurdle and then screwed the bracket to the timber....with pointy bits pointing up

Then when you hang the bucket put a bungee cord at the top and another at the bottom of the bucket to secure it

Advertisement