Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda vetting

Options
  • 28-02-2019 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I’m just wondering what shows up on the Garda vetting report, I have been arrested once when I was under 18 but not charged and was just wondering will this show up on the report??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Shouldn’t think so.
    I’ve only seen convictions come up on employees vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I've had to get criminal history reports (is this the same as Garda vetting?) a few times, and they've always stated "No previous convictions".

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

If it's an arrest under 18 then you're probably ok. Vetting shows convictions or prosecutions. If you weren't even charged you probably have nothing to worry about.

The only exception to this would be that since the latest vetting legislation was brought in, if you are carrying out what's considered to be "relevant work" with a child or vulnerable person under the act then you may have what's referred to as "Act vetting" carried out. This allows for other soft information to be disclosed if relevant. This would allow, for example thinking of a fairly worse case scenario, information to be disclosed on a person who has a long history of inappropriate conduct with children, lots of complaints made but no charges or prosecutions, who is applying to be a childcare worker.

Even then, the arrest when you were under 18 would only be disclosed if it was something relating to children or vulnerable persons. If it was shoplifting, public order, drinking or drug possession, typical teenage stuff, then it's not going to come up.

Unless you're doing sensitive work and your arrest under the age of 18 in some way related to that, then you probably have nothing to worry about and it's not going to be disclosed.

Advertisement