Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tales from the Borderlands had the best comedy writing in the whole series. Some genuine laugh out loud moments in that game.

The big Hyperion shootout in Episode 4 was absolutely brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

TPS humour was far better than the other games, mainly because it wasn't American. I'm guessing BL3 will be a step down from that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

pre-downloading now on PS. 38GB seems small. Excitement level 3 and rising.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    pre-downloading now on PS. 38GB seems small. Excitement level 3 and rising.

I'm sure there'll be a 55gb patch about an hour after launch though :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm sure there'll be a 55gb patch about an hour after launch though :pac::pac:

Hopefully it ain't like Days Gone, where it feels like you're redownloading the game every other week with its "patches"... :o

Some devs seriously need to learn to be efficient with them... taking for granted one's bandwidth allowance...

• Advertisement

Wonder if setting the region to New Zealand tomorrow will allow us to play it a bit earlier.

NZ is a country that really comes into it's own on the eve of a major game release or a Rugby World Cup.

TPS humour was far better than the other games, mainly because it wasn't American. I'm guessing BL3 will be a step down from that unfortunately.

Partially agree. Some of the humour in TPS was great and a lot of the small snippets of dialogue were great, but they also ramped up the Aussie-ness of a lot of it too which could be equally as annoying. There was even an enemy called Fair Dinkum :rolleyes:. Plus that insufferable c*nt Pickle... (Not Aussie, but still insufferable)

When recently replaying TPS a few weeks ago, this line did catch me by surprise though and make me laugh
    Tina: So no hard feelings for Lilith trying to kill you?
    Athena: Not really. I've paid her back for it. On the battlefield, loyalties shift, and we end up on opposite sides more often than not. It does little good to obsess about it.
    Tina: Damn. That's deep.... What about the last time she tried to kill you? Like, an hour ago?
    Athena: I'm still a bit irritated about that, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Wonder if setting the region to New Zealand tomorrow will allow us to play it a bit earlier.

You would have had to bought it on New Zealand store to play early. Had preordered Spiderman from the Indonesia store and was able to play it 6pm the day before it released here. Vpn makes no difference on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You would have had to bought it on New Zealand store to play early. Had preordered Spiderman from the Indonesia store and was able to play it 6pm the day before it released here. Vpn makes no difference on the PS4

PlayStation is different to Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    PlayStation is different to Xbox.

Correct, with PlayStation you can't change region on your PSN ID so people need multiple accounts. With Xbox you can buy from multiple regions on the one account

So, has anyone changed their mind for who they're playing as first?

I was Amara, then Zane... but I think I'll go back to Amara, at least for the first playthrough. Biggest selling point for Zane would be the digi-clone getting a copy of your gun as the final skill in that tree which could be super powerful against endgame bosses, but I think Amara might just be tanky enough to storm through most of the game with ease, not to mention huge melee and elemental damage.

Moze seems kinda boring and I think the constant in-and-out of the mech would annoy me. Fl4k could be fun, but just not overly sold on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Great pre-ordered the American version on Xbox as it's cheaper. So no midnight launch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    So, has anyone changed their mind for who they're playing as first?

No as I don't know who to play as yet.

Anyway I avoided watching any vids or reading any articles and previews of the game so I am really looking forward to getting my teeth into it. Roll on Friday :cool:

I settled on Amara early. I have to go with her now as if I changed I'd spend my whole first play through wishing I had gone with her. I'm not a fan of melee builds but while this is probably her forte she's quite diverse. They all are to some extent. I kinda want to be the Irish guy too.

I'm actually probably going to play two simultaneously as I'd agreed to co-op and will need another character when they're asleep irl.

I don't think there's a wrong choice.

I have a feeling if you co-op you'll see a lot of fl4K

Who to go for if you liked Sal in the last game? Haven't had a chance to go through all the online skill trees yet.

There's no real standout like Sal as far as I can see. Sal was crazy he did the most damage and you couldn't kill him

Who to go for if you liked Sal in the last game? Haven't had a chance to go through all the online skill trees yet.

Moze is probably the most similar to Sal due to ammo regen, explosive damage, and the guns on her mech, but she's probably a bit more Roland/Axton than Sal. There's no real direct comparisons for any of them. They're all kinda hybrids of some past characters, particularly since they can choose between different main abilities, not just one.

Anyone getting it on PC?

I'm raging I didn't buy it from CD Keys a few weeks ago when it was really cheap but still going to buy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone getting it on PC?

I'm raging I didn't buy it from CD Keys a few weeks ago when it was really cheap but still going to buy now.

Intend to hold out for Steam but glorious reviews here could sway me.

just looked at my trophies on BL2 and I only have 61%, like wtf. I'd go get them now only I need to be hungry for 3 on Friday.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Intend to hold out for Steam but glorious reviews here could sway me.

Doesn't bother me either way. If I want a game at launch I'll just buy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wonder what the secret ones are. Going by B1 and B2 achievements most of the secret ones were unlocked just by completing the main story.

I wonder what the secret ones are. Going by B1 and B2 achievements most of the secret ones were unlocked just by completing the main story.

Yeah mostly story related, you can see them if you click into the games main page. That shows the full list.

You would have had to bought it on New Zealand store to play early.

Like I did

/laughs in kiwi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Anyone getting it on PC?

I ain't. Tried BL1 and 2 on PC, the game was saturated with cheaters since everything was saved Client-side... going on console this time around, marginally less cheaters.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I settled on Amara early. I have to go with her now as if I changed I'd spend my whole first play through wishing I had gone with her. I'm not a fan of melee builds but while this is probably her forte she's quite diverse. They all are to some extent. I kinda want to be the Irish guy too.

Yeah a lot of vids I see of her are more Melee-based, but I think I'll go for her Mystical Assault skill tree first, with getting the stacks of Rush and focus on elemental shock damage. Then once I've it capped I'll move into adding some of the more melee/health-regen skills in the Brawl tree. I'd agree that while her action skills aren't the most inspired compared to others, she does seem more diverse than others.

The New Zealand trick works on Xbox :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Anyone know the Argos Ireland price ?

Advertisement