Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sticker wrote: »
    `

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback...

No worries. At most, I'd say if he's watched the likes of Deadpool or anything like that, there'd be no issues with Borderlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Regards the crew challenges leave one of each incomplete until you hit the cap. The rewards are worth it.

I was going to do that but said feck it and just completed everything, figured id end up replacing them all anyway. The amount of kickass loot you get in the last few areas is insane, i was getting great loot and literally replacing it with something else straight after.

One of the big crates i opened at the end had 4 legendary pistols in it... i can only use 1!!! :(

But eh, not quite sure what to do now, should i farm about on mayhem 1-3 or start the game over on the higher difficulty? am i able to swap back and forth between the game modes? I know you can with mayhem mode..

Bah I got nothing bar a rubbish launcher in the whole last section. Seriously underwhelmed with the
    final vault
    too, green in every chest.

Stuck on Mayhem level 1 afterwards and took a few of the kill quests in Sanctuary and got 3 drop from the one encounter with the
    Goonies easter egg, hey you guys is the red text on the piss grenade
    :P
    That grenades real plus is is you throw it at your feet it will remove status effects.

The Babymaker is now a pistol, the Quasar is really funny if you throw 2 and close proximity, whipping the enemies over and back.

Theres an option to switch back and forth between VH and TVHM on the start screen.

EDIT: The anointed are seriously f'n annoying on Mayhem 1, can't imagine what they are like on 3

Bah I got nothing bar a rubbish launcher in the whole last section. Seriously underwhelmed with the
    final vault
    too, green in every chest.

Stuck on Mayhem level 1 afterwards and took a few of the kill quests in Sanctuary and got 3 drop from the one encounter with the
    Goonies easter egg, hey you guys is the red text on the piss grenade
    :P
    That grenades real plus is is you throw it at your feet it will remove status effects.

The Babymaker is now a pistol, the Quasar is really funny if you throw 2 and close proximity, whipping the enemies over and back.

Theres an option to switch back and forth between VH and TVHM on the start screen.

EDIT: The anointed are seriously f'n annoying on Mayhem 1, can't imagine what they are like on 3

What kill quests? :confused:

nix wrote: »
    What kill quests? :confused:

The row of !!!! on the map directly opposite the gold key chest on Sanctuary, when you spawn there go passed the new-u machine and turn left. I'm sure you've seen them.

• Advertisement

The wall directly opposite the gold key chest just has what looks like a non-intractable scroll on a wall, i dont see any !!!! :confused:

Is it on a certain game mode? new game?

I have a quest from clap trap left to do, would it be after that?

The wall directly opposite the gold key chest just has what looks like a non-intractable scroll on a wall, i dont see any !!!! :confused:

Is it on a certain game mode? new game?

I have a quest from clap trap left to do, would it be after that?

I've had them there for ages they are repeatable, and most of them are an easter egg of some sort. They are there in the standard game...............................

And after a google there it seems they are rare spawning enemies like the ones we farmed in the previous games except if you pick these missions up they are a guaranteed spawn. I knew this but what I didn't know is to trigger them it seems someone on your friends list has to have killed one. Well now thats a bit stupid if true.

I'm not sure if killing one yourself in the wild will do the trick but difficult if you don't know where to look, Borman Nates is on Promethea, fast travel to Meridian Outskirts, and then there is a raised platform area on the left as you exit the tunnel you spawn in , go up in the lift there and he can spawn at the other end, might take a few reloads to get him. After than then you might start seeing them as missions on the ship.

Cheers ill have a scan around..

I done another slaughter there and finished it, got some nice weapons but.... A few of my weapons which were legendary colour are now epic/rare.. wtf happened there?

Was there a patch changing things?

Yeah ive killed Borman Nates a few times already, and i got Sloth/Chunk too, likely a load of others too.. Still no list... wtf

Are you on NG+? Mayhem level?

Yeah ive killed Borman Nates a few times already, and i got Sloth/Chunk too, likely a load of others too.. Still no list... wtf

Are you on NG+? Mayhem level?

I am now but I was getting these throughout normal mode the one on pandora was a lvl 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

SHiFT Code for 1 Gold Key in Borderlands 3. All Platforms.

CHKB3-FJT9J-SK3K5-T33JJ-95J56

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tspoon

Interactive maps with collectibles & challenge locations for anyone who wants them:

https://mapgenie.io/borderlands-3/maps/pandora

Spoilers (obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR (1 Golden Key)
    ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36 (1 Golden Key)
    Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6 (1 Golden Key)
    9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z (3 Golden Keys)
    ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5 (1 Golden Key)
    ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H (3 Golden Keys)
    CHKB3-FJT9J-SK3K5-T33JJ-95J56 (1 Golden Key)

I am sick of sniper rifle drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just started this tonight (thanks for the code Dcully) and loving it so far. Can't help smiling when your playing or :) Even found a loot tink at level 3!!

Forgot how quick you run out of inventory space and bullets though.

The more i progressed through the game the sh!tter it ran, is that just how it is or have they been ****ing it up with the patches? I was running a mix of ultra/high settings but now ive just slapped it down to medium settings as it stutters alot, especially when i open my bag :(

Anyway, gonna do a fresh run with Zane now, get him to max and then main him or Moze. Moze is great but not sure her abilites match my playstyle, i very rarely use the tank and when i do it feels like my damage isnt as good :o

I'm the same nix, I hop in the Bear for respite. Who has healing? I was playing with randoms and was getting passive healing which was really annoying as Moze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Finally finished it tonight as Zane. Overall I loved it. I replayed 1 at the start of the year and yeah it had aged a bit but was still fun enough, that would have been about 5 playthroughs (2 solo, 3 with friends). Then 2 and most of the DLCs and it was still excellent, around 6 playthroughs, 3 solo/3 with friends. The presequel was ok, it got all of 1 playthrough, absolutely no desire to go back to it. This one I'd rank around BL2 tbh.

GRIPES:
    The writing is not as good, the biggest negative is the villians and has been pointed out ad-nauseum. Jack in BL2 was a snyde masterpiece but he had dimension, which the duo here completely lack. The brother wasn't too bad but the voice actress for Tyrene was monotone and mono-emotional. Everything she said was a loud ladette in a bar trying to make a joke, no darkness, no light, just hypercompressed text reads. To be fair it's her first real voice gig and for that she actually did really fkn well, but she should not have been a lead here. Other negatives for me are around the OTT visual fireworks. I started to avoid using the shield because the aggregate effects from it, the 'enhanced' edging when it was buffing me directly and exaggerated firing effects for when it was buffing shots made it really hard to actually see what I was actively shooting at a lot of the time. Last gripe would be that while the weapons are much more fun and variable than the previous games they have no real standards. Snipers can act as assault rifles, assault rifles can be shotguns etc. and the look can back this up. The majority of rocket-launchers I got looked like rifles, handguns looked like SMGs.

SMILEYTHOUGHTS:
    The gun play is great. If BL2 turned BL1 up to 11, this one did the same respectively. The gun variety in aesthetic and function is fantastic. The level design is great, and while different worlds are really just an excuse for different colour schemes and biomes it works imho. While the core story is basically meh some of the side quests and characters are great. For example I really started getting bored with Typhon's Joe-Pesci in space
    but I was genuinely impressed with him during the end missions and his death. Additionally now doing his bots' side missions they are also brilliantly done. Ditto with Wainright Jacobs and Hammerlock during their missions, they're a really likeable and believable couple.
    . Other QoL improvements like Fast-travel from anywhere are welcome, and reflect one of the few mods I used on BL2 replays, but it looks to have been a late add in how some levels ignore this principal completely in only having one fast travel point at the start of often relatively huge levels. If the design said let's make it really flexible then it should be a constant. Still welcome when useable. The sheer amount of content has again lived up to the franchise usual, a tremendous amount to do over an interesting set of world tile sets. I've just started Mayhem Mode and while it may not have longevity I really like that it can be enabled in your first playthrough after the final mission, so any remaining side missions actually have challenge and worth again (i.e. they level to your current). This stopped me from immediately hitting the new-character button. And nearly forgot,
    Transaction Packed, the mission that takes the piss out of the game itself (well if it had pay2win) is utter brilliance

So I'm going to finish hitting 50 with my current and then maybe try Mose.
    9/10

Handsome Jack
    There is a legendary Hyperion SMG called the Handsome Jacker that talks to you and reloads like a Tedior

Can't recall where I got it but to me it looks like named enemies don't have fixed loot pools ? This a pain in the butt given the amount of legendary gear on offer, The only thing I've seen 2 of so far is the baby maker which ironically I never got legit in the last game and had to have dropped for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR (1 Golden Key)
    ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36 (1 Golden Key)
    Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6 (1 Golden Key)
    9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z (3 Golden Keys)
    ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5 (1 Golden Key)
    ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H (3 Golden Keys)
    CHKB3-FJT9J-SK3K5-T33JJ-95J56 (1 Golden Key)

I am sick of sniper rifle drops.

Looks like these are all redeemed now

• Advertisement

Im really enjoying the game, started as moze but changed to flak soon enough,hes only lvl 24 at the moment but apart from a poor story which really i dont care about in a looter shooter and the annoying humour after a while it seems to be a great game.
    Gunplay is just fantastic imo, easily best of this particular genre it trumps the competition from other looter shooters like destiny2,the division2,warframe etc

Great diversity in weapons too, really like a pistol i found which shoots sticky bombs that detonate when i reload its hilarious.
    Got a radiation AR that hits like a truck but i love this particular elemental damage type and when you kill an enemy affected by it he explodes doing huge damage to enemies around him.

Have started picking up a good few legendaries. Finally picked up a grenade that does some serious damage too. Have capped Amara's Mystical Assault tree too so doing good damage with it also. Which is all good because some of the enemies I'm coming across now are bloody tough. Doesn't help that on a few occasions they've followed me to where I respawn and instantly start destroying me again, especially the first Annointed.

Really loving the game though. Not flawless by any stretch, and map size/layout still gets on my tits occasionally, but so much better than The Pre Sequel.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im really enjoying the game, started as moze but changed to flak soon enough,hes only lvl 24 at the moment but apart from a poor story which really i dont care about in a looter shooter and the annoying humour after a while it seems to be a great game.
    Gunplay is just fantastic imo, easily best of this particular genre it trumps the competition from other looter shooters like destiny2,the division2,warframe etc

Great diversity in weapons too, really like a pistol i found which shoots sticky bombs that detonate when i reload its hilarious.
    Got a radiation AR that hits like a truck but i love this particular elemental damage type and when you kill an enemy affected by it he explodes doing huge damage to enemies around him.

So obvious now you say it, I was standing around like a nob waiting for them to explode and couldn't figure out what was detonating them :o

So obvious now you say it, I was standing around like a nob waiting for them to explode and couldn't figure out what was detonating them :o

HAHA i was the same for a few minutes :)
    The other alternative fire mode is just explode on impact, i just prefer to wait and let them explode together :D

Anyone manage to get King/Queens call to drop from
    Tyreen
    ?

Anyone manage to get King/Queens call to drop from
    Tyreen
    ?

Yeah i got Queen, and then replaced it instantly as soon as i opened
    Liliths chest
    with the Duc and Companion.. and two other pistols which werent the best but legendary.. 5 pistols i got in quick succession, loada bollox.. I was using the Duc for a good bit after, it was nearly 2k dmg but when i tried the companion i never went back, didnt realise the companion could shoot 14 bullets, you can pump out some serious damage with it :D

The queen looked great but i dont think i got a good roll with it, or is there something im missing out on? :confused:

I went back and farmed
    One punch man
    to get the one pump chump shotgun, which is pretty nice.

I'm finding im carrying too many weapons and getting lost in the drops tbh, i cant decide which does the best damage over the other, is there a tier list anywhere? or a BIS list at the least? Its all overwhelming to say the least.

I started on Zane but quickly swapped back to Moze, the "feel" of the play is alot slower without all the talent enhancements from max level, not as fun :D

I also wish there was a way to skip the dialogue/cut scenes, its rough going through all of that again shortly after doing it.. :(

I forgot to mention the music, superb comes to mind, pro tip turn down weapon sounds to 50% , still loud enough but not so much it drowns out the great music.

Nothing as good as this one from the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got the Illyuda for
    completing Zero's bounties
    wish I had known that was the reward as I would have left it until I was level 50

• Advertisement

Just took down second vault boss. Good holy hell I guess I didn't have the right guns for that fight because even though I stayed alive easy enough it took so much damn ammo and so long to take him down.

Advertisement