Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Samsara is insane on Amara. It's weakness is in some boss battles where there's not a lot of adds but my Amara is built around it. Running a blue mod because of it. Farming Mayhem 3 with it easey peasey.

Got some legendary grenade mod yesterday which is better than the porcelain pipebomb for adds. It's the reoccurring something (I want to say vox?) It actually may make me tweak my build somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Samsara is insane on Amara. It's weakness is in some boss battles where there's not a lot of adds but my Amara is built around it. Running a blue mod because of it. Farming Mayhem 3 with it easey peasey.

Yeah after capping the Mystical Assault tree I'm working my way down Brawl. Have a build worked out to get Samsara and be able to get down as far as Do Unto Others and Guardian Angel as my last two skills. Also have Soul Sap as my augment and got a Legendary Class Mod last night (Legendary Dragon) which also triggers the augment if I kill with a Melee attack.

Really glad I went with Amara. Her action skill is nothing special, but the homing orbs and tank/melee make her extremely viable up close or at range.

I've never done this in a borderlands game but I'm not even close to using a cap skill on Amara/ I think my skill trees are something like 30 / 20 / 50, she just has so many useful perks early-mid table and the cap skills (with the exception possibly of Mystical Assault) just aren't worth it.

I'm really glad I went Amara too. The guy I'm playing with wants to do a new run / character this week so he can have one. I'm thinking of Flack or whatever he's called but I kinda want to do another Amara :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is 50 the most points you can use in a skill tree?

Yes. Probably raise this with DLC but 50 for now. Where character progression also works well is after you beat the game you can put points into various character attributes eg. gun damage, shield regen delay, reload speed etc. This in turn unlocks further perks.
    Mine is bugged, possibly because I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing but I still have it ranked fairly high.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is 50 the most points you can use in a skill tree?

I think you'd have the whole tree filled before using up all points. According to the online skill builder, you get a max of 48 points to spend when maxing out to Level 50, and it takes 43 points to fully max a tree. So even if you fully max out a tree you still have 5 skill points left over

I've never done this in a borderlands game but I'm not even close to using a cap skill on Amara/ I think my skill trees are something like 30 / 20 / 50, she just has so many useful perks early-mid table and the cap skills (with the exception possibly of Mystical Assault) just aren't worth it.

I'm really glad I went Amara too. The guy I'm playing with wants to do a new run / character this week so he can have one. I'm thinking of Flack or whatever he's called but I kinda want to do another Amara :)

Yeah her Brawl capstone could be great for general gameplay and mobs, but I imagine it'd be useless for fighting/farming bosses. The Mystical Assault one is a good all-rounder and does decent damage. There are some skills from her Elements tree I'd like but I think I do enough elemental damage anyway so just going to get as many of the Brawl skills as I can. Leave Elements for if they raise the level cap with UVHM.

They've also mentioned they'll likely be adding more skill trees to the characters too instead of new DLC Vault Hunters, so that could be interesting.

Yes. Probably raise this with DLC but 50 for now. Where character progression also works well is after you beat the game you can put points into various character attributes eg. gun damage, shield regen delay, reload speed etc. This in turn unlocks further perks.
    Mine is bugged, possibly because I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing but I still have it ranked fairly high.

Negative token value? It's because of the difference in XP between playing offline and online. Think mine is at -50 odd at this stage.

that's it. I haven't played offline though.

First happened me when I was asked to join a Mayhem 3 Slaughterhouse to rank up a character. I didn't want to but was being whinged at so created a Moze and it shot through ranks. Then I put in the points and suddenly my character level is -46. Got it down to -35 and then it fixed itself and I could put in points again. I didn't mind as all it meant was I got to put in the attributes points early and then the game was making me actually earn them.

But then after it fixed I joined a friend on a slaughterhouse run on Mayhem 1 on my main. The flipping thing went to -51. I expect it will reset again at some point but it's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whats up with guardian ranks? Can you just learn them all or should i be using some tact here?

I also got like 30 levels to use on it randomly playing the Operative yesterday and now im like -28, wtf's up with that?

But eh yeah, Apart from just leveling a new VH, does anybody else think Zanes accent is horrible? Everytime he opens his mouth its just cringe, give me the OIrish accent over this anyday :(

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    But eh yeah, Apart from just leveling a new VH, does anybody else think Zanes accent is horrible? Everytime he opens his mouth its just cringe, give me the OIrish accent over this anyday :(

It was one of the things that put me off playing as him. As fairly dull as Amara is as a character, I had a feeling Zane might have gotten on my nerves.

that's it. I haven't played offline though.

First happened me when I was asked to join a Mayhem 3 Slaughterhouse to rank up a character. I didn't want to but was being whinged at so created a Moze and it shot through ranks. Then I put in the points and suddenly my character level is -46. Got it down to -35 and then it fixed itself and I could put in points again. I didn't mind as all it meant was I got to put in the attributes points early and then the game was making me actually earn them.

But then after it fixed I joined a friend on a slaughterhouse run on Mayhem 1 on my main. The flipping thing went to -51. I expect it will reset again at some point but it's annoying.

What you can do is go offline and launch the game you should be near the next level, kill something to level up and you'll be able to spend the points earned without having to undo the negative value. It goes back to a negative value when you go back online but the stats will be intact.

I heard the last skill on the left tree (can't recall the name) is problematic in that it can kill both you and team mates? It causes explosions on crit iirc. I haven't unlocked it myself.

What you can do is go offline and launch the game you should be near the next level, kill something to level up and you'll be able to spend the points earned without having to undo the negative value. It goes back to a negative value when you go back online but the stats will be intact.

I heard the last skill on the left tree (can't recall the name) is problematic in that it can kill both you and team mates? It causes explosions on crit iirc. I haven't unlocked it myself.

yeah I heard that too about the skill in the bottom left column, we're operating on the basis it will be patched but it's a real worry, fortunately I currently have to level up 51 more times before I can start putting points in again

this makes sense actually as my router had a fit yesterday and kicked me offline for a few minutes. My rank reset around that time but it went back to negative again.

Spent 10 minutes farming jabbermogwai's (use a cryo on it). Got a hellfire smg and a level 50 lyuda :)

best gun I got so far is the Crossroads SMG, the more I use it the more I think it's not even close

best gun I got so far is the Crossroads SMG, the more I use it the more I think it's not even close

I've a corrosive Tsunami SMG I've been using for a good while now. Fires horizontal laser lines. Always my go-to for badasses in particular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any list of bosses and locations online anywhere for when i hit lvl 50 and start farming bosses?

Dcully wrote: »
    Any list of bosses and locations online anywhere for when i hit lvl 50 and start farming bosses?

I think it'll mostly be a case of revisiting Zer0/Hammerlock challenge locations. Decent lists of side-mission bosses with likely drops are probably still being populated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Penn wrote: »
    I think it'll mostly be a case of revisiting Zer0/Hammerlock challenge locations. Decent lists of side-mission bosses with likely drops are probably still being populated.

Yeah your probably correct,, great game though.
    Tonnes of interesting loot,varied and plenty of builds,great gunplay exactly what i want in a looter shooter.

• Advertisement

Finding legendary shields to be pretty rare.

Theres a google doc linked to in this reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/d8lk6q/legendary_spoiler_completed_boss_loot_sheet/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got a Legendary SMG, Legendary Launcher and legendary shield all within 5 mins of each other.

It was a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The 'Graveward' boss is a simple loot Pinata. Fast travel is right beside his spawn point, as is vending machines to restock. There are many ways to take him down quickly but I've found the most reliable is with the Lyuda sniper, if you don't get a good one on the way you can wait to lvl50 before completing Zer0's targets and he sends you one. Mayhem 1 takes about 2 mins, Mayhem 2 maybe twice that and I haven't tried 3 yet - that's with Zane so with no Adds (if you kill him fast enough) that means no damage boosts through skill kills, other characters with inate damage boosts should be faster. Online I average 1-2 legendaries per kill, offline 3-4.

You need to watch the modifiers in mayhem I learned , reflect means I'll reload total pain.

@_CreeD_ when was the last time you fought Graveward? I tried 3 times there on mayhem 2 and got nothing, he was the go to guy for loot for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I did about 5 runs on him a few hours ago on Mayhem2, offline. Pulled in probably 15 or so legendaries. Now I do have +13% Luck through guardian points, and the extra post kill luck buff from the hunter tree.
    And yes reflect was a PITA the first few times I hit it, or it hit me, downed myself a few times with that one.

Just finished Slaughterstar 3000, had a random with me and going super well up to round 5 when he gets wiped out.

Sh1t hits the fan big time I'm low on bullets for the Dahl AAA pistol which is my new favorite gun and basically had to solo the last 4 waves including
    Metal Gear Solid bosses, had my back to the wall hiding killed one and turned around and theres another one

All that for a ****ing legendary skin. Thats all the loot that was worth picking up. FFS

EDIT: Oh and I was out with the door closing behind me before I remembered the bloody chest

stash space!
    a billion guns and 50 spaces in the safe
    go figure

Yeah if anything, the drop rates for legendaries in this game might actually be too high. I'm more surprised when one doesn't drop from a boss now than when they do, and epics almost seem as rare as legendaries. But whereas in BL2 by the time I was nearly finished the story I had maybe three usable legendaries, now I can still have usable legendaries in each slot and even some useful ones banked (and plenty that I'm just too many levels past to use).

Maybe it's just a case that first time you beat a boss or named enemy, they have a much greater chance of dropping a legendary, and that reduces the next time you try farm them. Then again, maybe it's to offset the fact there seems to be so few proper gun chests in the game, and the ones there are mostly just have greens.

Was also reading people who have tested the gun-gun, and they say after throwing thousands of eridium into them, no legendaries. Not sure if you definitely get no legendaries from it, but it seems incredibly rare and a waste of eridium. I got the gun-gun last night and bar selling the guns it shot out for money so I could buy SDUs, it's useless.

• Advertisement

Yeah I hung it up on the wall , about all it's good for. You'd do better playing the slots with eridium. I got a few bits from that.

Advertisement