Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    just got a couple of legendaries, nothing spectacular

I've used those golden keys (about 4 of them)

Nothing but purple pistols

Raging

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't have any keys, didn't get the one promised for pre-ordering but I always seemed to get purples in the earlier game. Pretty handy when you are levelling up a new character and get stuck somewhere but that's about it I found.

the boss run on Athena is pretty good at the end of the level (captain truant?)

mayhem three he drops 1-3 legendries, a red chest and two other chests in that room and then two weapon chests at the entrance to the boss battle all give legendries and high level gear. I was getting up to 5 a run and it only takes a couple of minutes (I did have a 12.3% luck relic)

I think the modifiers influence the xp. I dropped in at one stage with atrocious modifiers but even regular adds were giving +2K xp. Had a mission to do which I did when I noticed it and went up several guardian ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've used those golden keys (about 4 of them)

Nothing but purple pistols

Raging

Yeah as gimli says, they usually only give purples so once you're over halfway through the game, they're best saved for if you're starting another character. Even in BL2 they mostly gave purples or e-tech weapons.

Athenas is a great map for farming. Not just Captain Traunt, but also the Legendary Hunt (Chupacabrah) has a high enough drop rate for legendaries too. Got a Transformer shield from Graveward last night so might farm Traunt myself for a while tonight.

Half thinking of re-speccing Amara and going with a different build I saw on Youtube. Mostly goes with the Fist of the Elements Tree and then Brawl tree for survival skills. Finding with Mayhem 3 that it can be hard to sustain good elemental damage depending on the modifiers, but if I can weight that into the skills instead it looks like it does some incredible damage, with Phasegrasp and a skill for ricocheting bullets linking damage together. Might give it a try for a while.

there's a lot of ways of building Amara. I went down the fist of the element tree but the other two seem more popular. I don't care!!

The key for me is Samsara on the green tree and the punchy fists action skill from the FoE tree. You hit an enemy / enemies 5 times and get 25% damage and health regen for 20 seconds, which you can get back before it runs out. I did have this @ 40% with a mod but I found a purple mod on the weekend which just blows everything away (2 1/1 skills from the FOE tree, reload from the blue, 31% smg damage and +5 grenades). There's a singularity augment on the FoE tree and an upgrade to this on the blue that works really well.

I went the whole way down the FoE tree and capped it. Sustainablility here work really well - anytime I shoot or damage enemies with hex grenades I'm, just about unkillable). The only thing I would like is the damage reduction perk on the green where I only have 3/5 but would like 5/5 to get a 60%(?) reduction.
    I also have a relic that gives 18% health on kill. I nearly have too much survivability but I'm doing do much damage anyway I don't feel I'm losing out.

The only thing is it's not great on some boss battles with few adds but for that I can change to phasecast and some ridiculous weapons but it's still fine.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's a lot of ways of building Amara. I went down the fist of the element tree but the other two seem more popular. I don't care!!

The key for me is Samsara on the green tree and the punchy fists action skill from the FoE tree. You hit an enemy / enemies 5 times and get 25% damage and health regen for 20 seconds, which you can get back before it runs out. I did have this @ 40% with a mod but I found a purple mod on the weekend which just blows everything away. There's a singularity augment on the FoE tree and an upgrade to this on the blue that works really well.

I went the whole way down the FoE tree and capped it. Sustainablility here work really well. The only thing I would like is the damage reduction perk on the green where I only have 3/5 but would like 5/5 to get a 60%(?) reduction.
    I also have a relic that gives 18% health on kill. I nearly have too much survivability but I'm doing do much damage anyway I don't feel I'm losing out.

It was mostly the capstone of being able to use action skill twice and doubling the Rush stacks that made me go with the blue tree, plus I wasn't sure if Phasegrasp would be worth it against bosses since it just does a burst of damage instead. But even against bosses I'm finding I'm dying more to the mobs than the bosses, particularly Graveward (where you get Badass grogs on Mayhem 2 & 3) and the varkids with Tyreen.

• Advertisement

The only thing is it's not great on some boss battles with few adds but for that I can change to phasecast and some ridiculous weapons but it's still fine.

It's ridiculous that Phasegrasp's damage against bosses is so low compared to the other skills. Looking at the base level of damage, Phasecast does 92 damage and Phasegrasp only does 28. I would have thought 2/3rds would have been a fairer trade-off, so it still does a reasonable level of damage and still has some use in a boss battle.

Then again, I guess if you Phasegrasp an add and then link the damage with another skill, it could help a lot that way too.

Was it the same with Maya in BL2? Never played her.

the adds are a god send on Graveward and Tyreen. Phaselock one and get 20% health regen plus the hex grenades do enormous damage to multiple enemies and sustainability late in the FoE tree will keep you alive. Even the cap stone which gives you 18% element gun damage feeds enormously into that.

I did a circle of slaughter with 3 randoms yesterday and my character was doing way more damage - 2 beastmasters and an operative. At one point I was the last alive but there was no fear of going down. In saying that I died a few times early on, sometimes in Mayhem 3 the damage is just cray cray. Also the very last round brought the nonsense levels to spectacular.

Yeah Maya was not great on some bosses either

the adds are a god send on Graveward and Tyreen. Phaselock one and get 20% health regen plus the hex grenades do enormous damage to multiple enemies and sustainability late in the FoE tree will keep you alive. Even the cap stone which gives you 18% element gun damage feeds enormously into that.

I did a circle of slaughter with 3 randoms yesterday and my character was doing way more damage - 2 beastmasters and an operative. At one point I was the last alive but there was no fear of going down. In saying that I died a few times early on, sometimes in Mayhem 3 the damage is just cray cray. Also the very last round brought the nonsense levels to spectacular.

Yeah Maya was not great on some bosses either

Toughest experience I've had in the game so far was Mayhem 3 where I was trying to get the final Target of Opportunity in Tanzeender Ruins (or however it's spelled). Near the end where there's paths on two sides, so many badasses, heavyweights and worst of all badass wardogs. Ran out of hex grenades very quickly and enemies still getting dropped in. The wardogs were the worst, they just move so goddamn fast.

Penn wrote: »
    Toughest experience I've had in the game so far was Mayhem 3 where I was trying to get the final Target of Opportunity in Tanzeender Ruins (or however it's spelled). Near the end where there's paths on two sides, so many badasses, heavyweights and worst of all badass wardogs. Ran out of hex grenades very quickly and enemies still getting dropped in. The wardogs were the worst, they just move so goddamn fast.

I was doing the circle of slaughter solo yesterday. No problem until round 4 these fcukers showed up. They were nasty but still not a major issue. Then the next wave introduced bad ass versions. Completely blind sided me. Happened so fast I hadn't time to get properly annoyed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im killing Graveward in about 4 seconds on mayhem 3, its ridiculous.
    I dont have enough stash for all the legendaries.

• Advertisement

I want an anointed transformer and that's about it. Everything else is fine although I could improve certain slots I'm quite happy with how Amara Gimli is decked out.
    I do dread to think of all the really useful stuff I've probably deleted without properly testing it out first.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im killing Graveward in about 4 seconds on mayhem 3, its ridiculous.
    I dont have enough stash for all the legendaries.

How are you managing that? The best buffs I've gotten from the mayhem modifiers were boosts to elemental and smgs but it still took about a minute or so. Is it through Fl4k's crit damage skills?

How are you managing that? The best buffs I've gotten from the mayhem modifiers were boosts to elemental and smgs but it still took about a minute or so. Is it through Fl4k's crit damage skills?

You can do it with Amara too. Ideally you want a Lyudia with some additional damage once you use phasecast or slam. Drop down, run at boss, hit your super and then hammer it's weakspot in the chest.

You can do it with Amara too. Ideally you want a Lyudia with some additional damage once you use phasecast or slam. Drop down, run at boss, hit your super and then hammer it's weakspot in the chest.

Ah, cool. Only got the Lyuda last night, must check to see if it's annointed, haven't used it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have collected 5 legendaries in total......2 were given to me (Jakobs and Grace)

So I have collected 3, I am onto the final area (Delacey) but the mission bugged out and he isnt moving so cant follow him.

I re speced Flak to that 8 point build, its ridiculous. Use Fade Away and any shotgun really, melt everything.

5 points into Furious Attack, 3 points into Leave No trace + fade Away and Guerillas in the mist and any shotgun. You get one shot back nto the mag if you land a critical and in fade away all shots are critical. Even a decent handgun will do serious damage.

Captain Truant lasted 1 fade away, so roughly 7 or 8 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got this at the weekend. Its not bad not far in only level 11 on my Zane build.

Did a coffee side mission on the atlas planet, its fun, mindless but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got this at the weekend. Its not bad not far in only level 11 on my Zane build.

Did a coffee side mission on the atlas planet, its fun, mindless but fun.

I just finished that mission yesterday. If your on PC we can team up and run through the story missions if you'd like?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I just finished that mission yesterday. If your on PC we can team up and run through the story missions if you'd like?

Cheers for the offer, But unfortunately am playing on PS4 pro.

Hope they release a patch for the Visual mode. Plays like muck.

Yes Fl4ks fade away skill combined with a fire based Annexed Ferocious Lyuda sniper rifle plus a relic thats gives +183% elemental damage boost :)
    Worth mentioning neither are anointed gear.

It really doesnt matter what modifier is active with mayhem 3 , this boss goes down the fastest of any ive farmed but with my current fl4k build i can melt any boss in the game in seconds.

Just recorded a quick kill there to show you :)

they really need to fix the revive button in co-op, trying to get people up in the middle of a fire fight is a nightmare currently
    I've never played a game where it's this bad

• Advertisement

It's terrible, the hit box for that needs to be much bigger/forgiving. Few times now I've ended up equipping some junk on the ground instead of picking up my partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How do you get the sniper rifle?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How do you get the sniper rifle?

Complete all Zer0's challenges. Better off waiting until you're level 50 before killing the last one, as the rifle will scale to the level you're at. Not sure if you can get it from a drop.

Complete all Zer0's challenges. Better off waiting until you're level 50 before killing the last one, as the rifle will scale to the level you're at. Not sure if you can get it from a drop.

I got one last night from a world drop, 12 round mag though. Not sure if they come much bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm on PC but only level 14. My GT is TitianGerm on Epic if you want to add me.

Just added you there on Epic, i think my tag is "Titaniumfox", i rarely get a "nix" gamer tag :pac:

I got the basic Legendary Lyuda from zeros challenges but the fire one in the video was a world drop i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm about to hit 50 on Zane, not sure i like his skill set yet, ill wrestle around with some end game builds, it can be hard to tell how useful his abilities are, the drone seems like it can pump out a decent chunk of damage, but it can be hard to tell with everything else thats going on..

I might level the Siren next, if im arsed, might just stick with Zane or Moze until im farmed to the hilt... :pac:

So what do you guys do when farming? do you just run around on Mayhem 3 and farm named/bosses while running passed as much trash as possible?

Proving grounds, specific boss farms and slaughterhouse runs on Mayhem 3.
    The boss runs seem to be the most profitable lootwise but you can get serious xp on the others. I often just look at stuff , leave it on the ground and fully review from the lost loot box when I get back to sanctuary. Really if it's not anointed at this point I'm pretty much uninterested. You need to be careful on the mods and relics as some of them have wonderful random perks.

Zane apparently isn't very strong in end game hence the buff, not sure how much this improved him but obviously he's got a lot more damage.

• Advertisement

Zane apparently isn't very strong in end game hence the buff, not sure how much this improved him but obviously he's got a lot more damage.

Yeah I think the hotfix buff is just a temporary measure; they'll likely enshrine some buffs for him into his all-round skills. Glad I didn't choose him to start with anyway. His capstone where your clone gets a copy of your weapon seemed like it could be the one skill out of all the Vault Hunters that could absolutely shred bosses (and one of the game tips in the loading screen even suggests that that's the one that'd be the biggest game exploit), but it seems like even that wasn't enough to make him properly viable compared to the others.

Wonder if they'll continue to nerf FL4K while they're at it.

Advertisement