Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

they seem to be slow to nerf stuff, ok they nerfed the pipe bomb but that was hilariously and unintentionally broken. Surprised they haven't nerfed the recurring hex grenades, the later rounds of end game content gets manic as people hurl these things with reckless abandon.
    The huntsman is probably the best smg in the game and they went and buffed maliwan guns, I can't believe this is a mistake although it sure acts like one.
    I believe they nerfed all Jacobs pistols quite bad but think this was because of the kings and queens calls being particularly strong. The Amara nerf didn't hurt and I think the same could be said for flaks

The latest hotfix had the below changes for pistols.
    Increased damage on all TEDIORE Pistols by 15%
    Increased damage on all DAHL Pistols by 15%
    Increased damage on all Children of the Vault Pistols by 20%
    Reduced damage on Jakobs Pistols by 15%
    Reduced damage on Torgue Pistols by 10%

My Dahl AAA is loving that, but I would say that will get reined in too.

To be honest I'm still using Jacobs pistols and hardly noticed the damage reduction for the most part. The Duc is my new favorite.

Dcully wrote: »

One thing that jumped out at me from that is a Bloodletter mod for Moze, looks to be the answer to the problem of being passively healed by other players . Which is really annoying.

yeah the duc is a great gun.
    my main damage is coming from an incendiary huntsman, to be honest I could be running four smgs but the way the modifiers switch I have a Rowans Call shock in slot one, then the huntsman, then the hellfire pistol (shock/fire) and a corrosive butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The latest hotfix had the below changes for pistols.

My Dahl AAA is loving that, but I would say that will get reined in too.

To be honest I'm still using Jacobs pistols and hardly noticed the damage reduction for the most part. The Duc is my new favorite.

Yeah I have a few of the legendary Jakobs pistols, The Duc, The Flood, Wagon Wheel and Amazing Grace (though it's underlevelled and banked now)

The Duc is awesome. Wagon Wheel is great for crowd control due to the ricocheting. The Flood can be useful, but you lose too much accuracy and go through ammo too quickly for it to be great.

They still do great damage even after the nerf, but I have found myself finally trying out other pistols, especially when Mayhem modes reduce normal bullet damage. The AAA is fantastic not just against shields but I found it goes great normal damage too.

Actually there's a question; do Torgue bullets count as normal bullets or elemental (explosive)? I've been assuming normal since they've no symbol or defined elemental notes.

• Advertisement

I'd say Torque do normal damage but I'd be guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I loved the Duc when i first got it, but when i moved to the companion, there was no looking back.. With Magazine buffs from talents on mose ,my companion holds 22 bullets in a clip... TWENTY TWO, imagine a jakobs pistol with that many rounds and each headshot ignites the player.. :eek:

I also got to use the queen quite alot when i was leveling Zane, and when i was high enough to use the duc, i quickly went back to the queen, its insane the amount of damage it does.. My queen does like 450dmg and then like a 22% chance to do 350 rad damage, and my duc hits for like 1.8k and the queen feels like it hits like a truck in comparison to it...

Maybe its because the queen shoots 3 bullets at a time? :confused:

EDIT: I have two Torgue shotguns, one does fire and one does radiation.. I dont think a gun manufacturer sticks to just one damage type, heck even some Jacobs to elemental damage..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any damage type can roll on any weapon and any manufacturer, same with anointed stats i believe.
    Well it seems that way , im getting all sorts of damage types on all different weapons etc.

Torgue is definitely explosive, I had to use one to open the
    cube

Is there any benefit to TVHM other than maybe getting some of the quest rewards again? Like are Lvl50 guns in NVHM and TVHM the same?

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to TVHM other than maybe getting some of the quest rewards again? Like are Lvl50 guns in NVHM and TVHM the same?

I got the porcelain pipebomb giften to me at level 50 from a normal run, when I got it in TVHM it had the exact same stats.
    The only reason afaik is you can get the item at level 50 when you might have picked it up at a lower level earlier on initially.
    It's actually not that much of a challenge and if you have everything you are better off just going into a mayhem mode for xp and loot. You can't even do the challenges in tvhm, for the xp boost/loot if you have them done on the first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

For anyone looking for Golden keys, there was a thread on Reddit with about ten codes and lads were adding to it constantly. All of the codes in the OP worked for me. Haven't the post handy, but it was on r/borderlands. Some of the codes gave multiple keys. Also if you keep an eye on twitter, every so often Randy P releases a shift code that lasts for a single day.

Torgue is definitely explosive, I had to use one to open the
    cube

Yes but can still roll with different elements.

Speaking of rolls, I was looking for either a deathless or a grave artifact for my Moze build, had no luck at all. Then boom both drop at the same time from Tyreen. Got a flood in the chests then :D

Came back out and went to lost loot on the ship and boom a better flacker.

Time to call in a whole crew of mules :D

EDIT: Just noticed that was after round 1 !!!!!

Yeah it was insane,, they need to something about stash , i have nowhere to put anything i find.
    Im only picking up legendary anointed gear at this stage unless its a weapon i dont have already but my stash and backpack are totally full.
    Its at the point now where i dont see a point playing anymore as i cant keep what i find lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah it was insane,, they need to something about stash , i have nowhere to put anything i find.
    Im only picking up legendary anointed gear at this stage unless its a weapon i dont have already but my stash and backpack are totally full.
    Its at the point now where i dont see a point playing anymore as i cant keep what i find lol.

Could you do what Gimli did and use alt characters to store weapons?

It's the type of game you could do with having 500 slopts to store spare stuff.

The best thing about mules is you can call them in anywhere and don't have to go back to the stash to get something but can you do drop in/out splitscreen on PC?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Could you do what Gimli did and use alt characters to store weapons?

It's the type of game you could do with having 500 slopts to store spare stuff.

they fill up pretty quick and you need to get to sanctuary on each of them which is a pain, you also end up not knowing where anything is or if it's any good.it's ludicrous how little stash space they give you. i'm really very very angry

• Advertisement

Is there a need to keep so many of the legendaries though? I know there are plenty I've just gotten rid of because I either dislike them or they don't suit my playstyle. I know they all have their uses in different circumstances, but some of them I know I'm just never going to use.

Is there a need to keep so many of the legendaries though? I know there are plenty I've just gotten rid of because I either dislike them or they don't suit my playstyle. I know they all have their uses in different circumstances, but some of them I know I'm just never going to use.

You need one of every pre-fix and element variation otherwise you life will not be complete :pac:

EDIT: And when they raise the level cap you get to throw it all away and farm it again.

I finally get enough points for Hollow point perk in the guardian tree and...

491964.jpg

Your co-op partners and you yourself should be thankful they did that. It was basically a team wiper as it stood. Moze doesn't need it anyway she can do it herself and safely.

Build I'm using https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/build-nuclear-bloodletter-moze/3404856

Only thing I need is a Bloodletter with the general weapon damage stat as opposed to the 17% pistol damage I have now.

Your co-op partners and you yourself should be thankful they did that. It was basically a team wiper as it stood. Moze doesn't need it anyway she can do it herself and safely.

Build I'm using https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/build-nuclear-bloodletter-moze/3404856

Only thing I need is a Bloodletter with the general weapon damage stat as opposed to the 17% pistol damage I have now.

is that the nade spamming build?

nix wrote: »

Splash damage.

EDIT: And when they raise the level cap you get to throw it all away and farm it again.

I've actually been wondering, will we get an UVHM at all or will they just go with new Mayhem Levels? Like maybe still increase the level cap to get new skills but just go with new more difficult Mayhem modes, because what's the real difference at this point?

Also means people wouldn't have to play through the story again which, given most people's view of the story, could be their wisest move :D

Respec'ed Amara last night to an Elemental/Tank build. It definitely helped do huge damage in some parts, but not a lot in others. The Mayhem modifiers are crucial to really doing substantial damage against bosses, as is grouping as many enemies together as possible for linking damage. Trying to get to grips with Phasegrasp too. I feel like I need to pick who I phasegrasp more carefully as I'm mostly grabbing ones I've already been shooting at, then the grasp is kinda wasted as I kill them too quickly.

nix wrote: »

Nix I'm curious if you specced into bottomless mags with Moze. I was for a while but to me it felt like it wasn't working correctly. Definitely wasn't seeing the return on ammo I'd have expected with a lot of points in it.

• Advertisement

Respec'ed Amara last night to an Elemental/Tank build. It definitely helped do huge damage in some parts, but not a lot in others. The Mayhem modifiers are crucial to really doing substantial damage against bosses, as is grouping as many enemies together as possible for linking damage. Trying to get to grips with Phasegrasp too. I feel like I need to pick who I phasegrasp more carefully as I'm mostly grabbing ones I've already been shooting at, then the grasp is kinda wasted as I kill them too quickly.

You do need to be constantly thinking of what you're doing in a fire fight. It's actually quite good mechanically and not a real issue. You can't just be a Flack blasting crits at everything .

It depends very much how you build the character. The Mods are critical. Probably the best mod to use is the something zerker (I actually don't use it yet but will once I get a good one). It's the one that immediately gives you max stacks. With this you only need to spec one point into the blue tree (the one in the top right), you can then cap the fist of the elements tree and go down as far as guardian angel in the green (how you get here is subjective but I would definitely include samsara). Once you do that you're an almost immortal damage dealing B*****

The relic can be very important. The best build I've seen had an elemental projecting one. I know why and understand it's greatness but I'm not going down that way (at least not yet)but basically you set yourself on fire/corrosive/shock and do 180% additional elemental damage and it's good night bad guys.

Most phase grasp builds will incorporate that one that links the enemies I still think the fist slam one with Samsara is better.

Advertisement