Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My internet isn't connecting to my PS4 at the moment so I'm playing offline without the recent patch or hotfixes. I recently received the Porcelain Pipe-bomb grenade mod.

I can see why it was nerfed as it's a death machine!

Also just defeated Graveward and got a legendary class mod for... not my character. RNG drops, she's a cruel mistress...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the way the pipe bomb dealt with bosses was ridiculous, sadly it needed to be nerfed and I don't often say that
    They'lll have to nerf Dcully soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    t
    They'lll have to nerf Dcully soon too

Don't you touch him. That man's a saint I tell ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Opened a fridge and an enemy popped out. I love that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You do need to be constantly thinking of what you're doing in a fire fight. It's actually quite good mechanically and not a real issue. You can't just be a Flack blasting crits at everything .

It depends very much how you build the character. The Mods are critical. Probably the best mod to use is the something zerker (I actually don't use it yet but will once I get a good one). It's the one that immediately gives you max stacks. With this you only need to spec one point into the blue tree (the one in the top right), you can then cap the fist of the elements tree and go down as far as guardian angel in the green (how you get here is subjective but I would definitely include samsara). Once you do that you're an almost immortal damage dealing B*****

The relic can be very important. The best build I've seen had an elemental projecting one. I know why and understand it's greatness but I'm not going down that way (at least not yet)but basically you set yourself on fire/corrosive/shock and do 180% additional elemental damage and it's good night bad guys.

Most phase grasp builds will incorporate that one that links the enemies I still think the fist slam one with Samsara is better.

Yeah my mod is a legendary one that was great for my blue-tree build but isn't too helpful here. Relic is just a legendary that boosts health/ammo/money pickups but that's mostly just because all the rest I find are just adding elements to slam or melee.

More than before I find myself swapping augment/skill/element, so that's keeping things interesting at least, whereas with the blue tree I just stuck with Shock and Soul Sap.
    Glico Man wrote: »
    My internet isn't connecting to my PS4 at the moment so I'm playing offline without the recent patch or hotfixes. I recently received the Porcelain Pipe-bomb grenade mod.

I can see why it was nerfed as it's a death machine!

Same with how they patched out the original Bee+Conference Call which just shredded everything. Fun while it lasted, but understandable why they'd want to fix it (though glad they never fixed the Pimp-Ahab for Sal when I returned to BL2 a few months ago. Made great use of that when I finally got them :D)

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Opened a fridge and an enemy popped out. I love that stuff.
    that scared me the first four times I did it, you'd think I'd learn to expect it

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah my mod is a legendary one that was great for my blue-tree build but isn't too helpful here. Relic is just a legendary that boosts health/ammo/money pickups but that's mostly just because all the rest I find are just adding elements to slam or melee.

More than before I find myself swapping augment/skill/element, so that's keeping things interesting at least, whereas with the blue tree I just stuck with Shock and Soul Sap.

The mod I have is a purple one. It puts a point into dread which increases gun damage from 15 to 30% after I use the action skill, it also increases the mag size on elemental guns and gives 19% reload speed. All of which are nice but it also gives 31% smg damage which is terrifying with the guns I have and +5 grenades which is very handy. If I got the legendary zerker one with SMG or even AR or gun damage I'd probably flip.

The relic I have gives +16% incendiary damage which again works well with my guns and 18% health on kill. I do use a luck one when farming. Again to optimise I really should go with an elemental projector and probably will once I respec to include guardian angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nix I'm curious if you specced into bottomless mags with Moze. I was for a while but to me it felt like it wasn't working correctly. Definitely wasn't seeing the return on ammo I'd have expected with a lot of points in it.

This is the build im using now:

https://bl3skills.com/gunner#005015150000000000000000000155351103511

Which skill is bottomless mags? or is that a class mod?

A day or so ago my build looked like this:

https://bl3skills.com/gunner#005014145001000000000000000151351103511

This one left me with a hefty mag size, think i prefer my latest build though..

I'm still stuck on which action skills to use while in the Bear, cant seem to find anything that does really good damage in the ray/mini gun trees :(

the worse things about playing co-op with Flaks is shooting their animals thinking they're enemies, Zane's problem is the indiscriminate hurling of grenades, every 5 seconds you'll be warned of incoming hostile grenades. I don't play with a Moze and only seen her a few times in co-op.

Amaras are perfect co-op buddies, she's just great.

nix wrote: »
    Which skill is bottomless mags? or is that a class mod?

Bottomless Mags is the name of her Green skill tree as a whole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

Synergy between Cloud of Lead, Reedistribution and Forge (edit) and iron bank can be great for decent size mags - I've used Dahl snipers as assault rifles. Doesn't work too well with small mag - i.e. jakob's ARs or pistols.

Penn wrote: »
    Bottomless Mags is the name of her Green skill tree as a whole

Doh, I knew it sounded familiar, i just couldnt find where it said it :rolleyes:

But yeah i prefer bottomless over Demolition, you move and reload so much faster, being able to sprint while shooting is great.

Id only go down demolition if i was going into it with most of my points, its just for extra splash damage and more grenades.. Also good for more time in the bear, but i found the more i played the less i used the bear, i only use it to replenish shields really, which is even more rare these days as my base shield health is at like 50k...

Here's a Graveward kill i just done, i only started "farming" last night, so my gear aint the best... Also nowhere near as fast as Dcully's kill but that buff of his is broke :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Still really frustrated with the co op on this game. I’m only on first play through and every time myself or my husband go into a menu the thing lags like its 2001. Driving me mental. Literally just causing this:

IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT GET OUT OF THE F**KING MENU

kg703 wrote: »
    Still really frustrated with the co op on this game. I’m only on first play through and every time myself or my husband go into a menu the thing lags like its 2001. Driving me mental. Literally just causing this:

IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT GET OUT OF THE F**KING MENU

That and the staggered loading when entering a map, with textures having to load and then not even being able to open the menu because it's still loading (which like you say, then has so much lag itself).

It was like that with Borderlands 2 and TPS but how they still have the exact same issue with seemingly no attempt at correcting it is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1179067562606264320?s=09

Here's a full breakdown of Legendary loot drops by boss:
    • Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
    • KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
    • Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
    • Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
    • Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
    • Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o'-the-Wisp
    • Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
    • GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
    • Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
    • Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
    • Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
    • Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
    • Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch

Ha nice, good chance to get a better roll on a bloodletter. Not sure what the best option is there for it, haven't actually tried those bosses on mayhem 3. Either way both have a bit of leg work to get to.

I just did Tyreen, Graveward, and general whats his name and it's raining legendary loot. Only thing I took was a Maggie from a vault chest. Working my way around to the other bosses now, just those were the quickest to get to.

I'm finding it hard to not farm Graveward, quick and easy. Is there any point to doing the slaughter houses over a boss?

I'm finding it hard to not farm Graveward, quick and easy. Is there any point to doing the slaughter houses over a boss?

Way more loot but from what I've seen slaughter house was nearly all guns. Better odds on getting something else from the bosses.

EDIT: LMAO Killavolt with a transformer shield is funny, you'd nearly have to down yourself :D

EDIT 2: Is the game giving mad XP for anyone else? I've gone up 5 guardian levels already tonight to 176

• Advertisement

I'm fairly certain if the modifiers are against you that you get a serious boost to xp. I've done the same proving grounds and gone up 5 levels on one and not moved an inch on another.

I'm fairly certain if the modifiers are against you that you get a serious boost to xp. I've done the same proving grounds and gone up 5 levels on one and not moved an inch on another.

How do you tell which modifiers are active and such?

How do you tell which modifiers are active and such?

Move the cursor off yourself on the map, and it'll show you. Won't show it if you spawn in on the ship until you leave there.

Stuff isn't exactly falling off of the 9000 or Katagawa. Both are fast to kill though even with bad rolls on the modifiers. Using a binary cutsman on the 9000 and it melts it's armor. nearly 4k corrosive damage a second with a 1 in 5 chance.

Did maybe 10 runs on the 9000 so far and nothing, I saw more drop on the way there ffs.

I got two legendary class mods from 9000 for my Siren in 6 or 7 runs. Died twice which I'm putting down to a rotten modifier, getting used to my new build and panicking for one of his moves. I also never thought of equipping a corrosive weapon.

Did maybe 10 runs on the 9000 so far and nothing, I saw more drop on the way there ffs.

Same here. Two legendaries on the way there and nothing from them in about 6-7 kills. First time I killed them in the story was ridiculously quick with my corrosive custman, but it's so underlevelled now and other corrosive weapons (plus Mayhem 3) means it's actually a pretty tough fight now too. Kept running low on ammo too. Whatever happened to having vending machines right before a boss arena? Only for the three small chests before the 9000 and reloading the game to get good modifiers I'd have been f*cked.

Switched to the final boss for two runs and got no legendaries from it either. Finished off with three kills on Graveward and got two legendaries each time (though mainly f*cking sniper rifles). Good ol' Graveward!

Might try Katagawa tonight for the legendary mods, though that boss fight was more of an annoyance. Haven't seen what he's like on Mayhem 3 yet.

Katagawa is just a pain. I still don't fully understand the mechanics. There's actually no real strategy in any of the boss fights particularly with random modifiers.

My damage seemed to increase a lot changing the build, the damage projecter relic increasing elemental damage by 183% is freaking insane. Plus getting 30% damage from the max stacks on the mod. Losing the +31% smg damage hasn't adversely affected the build at all. My survivability seems lower but I think my main issue here was my own stupidity.

For Katagawa you have to shoot the generators to stop the clones spawning, but really they are so weak the only consequence is the fight gets dragged out.

Most times I was able to get his shield off and half his health as he runs at you when you drop down.

Katagawa is just a pain. I still don't fully understand the mechanics. There's actually no real strategy in any of the boss fights particularly with random modifiers.

Yeah maybe I might go through Carnivora again and stick with the 9000. Might just do a few of the Proving Grounds first (have only done two of them) and hope for a few random legendaries that way. Might pick up something decent that'll help with the farming. Really hoping for a Rowan's Call or another Cutsman (anything bar another f*cking sniper rifle. I have a Lyuda. I don't need any other sniper rifle).

• Advertisement

Cutsman with an anointed perk which gives bonus damage on action skill end is my go to. It's a fire and my main damage dealer.

I have a couple of Rowan's calls and use them. Aesthetically probably the nicest guns in the game. The one I use is shock but if I need extra damage I use an AR called something like the explosey something exploder, it just shreds through shields.

I'll be farming 9000 until I get the mod I want. That's probably me sorted for the next 3 weeks.

Advertisement