Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of major criminal seized by CAB

Options
  • 01-03-2019 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Sorry can’t link article. House in crumlin originally bought for 250k with 740k improvements made using proceeds from crime. Owned by sister of key member of kinahan cartel located in the heart of the kinahan base.

I can’t see any private individual ever buying it no matter what asking price might be. I know the area. There was a commercial property around the corner up for sale. Those same people bid on it. They weren’t successful so set fire and completely destroyed the place and it remains a ruin. So I think anyone considering this house would want a death wish to seriously consider owning it.

I see suggestions council may buy it but how could you put anyone in that house and not put their life in danger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I would say a company or trust will buy it and then rent it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Aren't the council looking at it for social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

The articles are a joke with their all weather pitch. If you look on Google maps you can find the house in a few minutes, it's a relatively normsly sized garden which is turned into s playground with playground surfacing, not a five a side pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,941 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

beertons wrote: »
    Aren't the council looking at it for social housing?

Of all the justified reasons for refusing socisl housing, i cannot think of any better than what comes with this house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The CAB also found that work had been done on the house without planning permission, but there had been no objections.
    As objections = death, I wouldn't have thought anyone would've been that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Sorry can’t link article. House in crumlin originally bought for 250k with 740k improvements made using proceeds from crime. Owned by sister of key member of kinahan cartel located in the heart of the kinahan base.

I can’t see any private individual ever buying it no matter what asking price might be. I know the area. There was a commercial property around the corner up for sale. Those same people bid on it. They weren’t successful so set fire and completely destroyed the place and it remains a ruin. So I think anyone considering this house would want a death wish to seriously consider owning it.

I see suggestions council may buy it but how could you put anyone in that house and not put their life in danger?

Is this the house at the corner Kildare Road / Windmill Road? It was only done up a couple of years ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MSVforever wrote: »
    Is this the house at the corner Kildare Road / Windmill Road? It was only done up a couple of years ago.

The actual address is plastered all over the news. I’m
    Sure you can copy and paste it into google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Seem to be a really charming family.

A cyclist claims he suffered a severe and complex injury to his foot after he was struck by a SUV driven by the sister of Regency Hotel murder victim David Byrne.

“Stephen Lanigan-O'Keeffe, SC for Mr Walsh, said that when his client was on the ground, Sadie Byrne, mother of the defendant, tipped ash from a cigarette towards him.”

“He said she left shortly afterwards after two men approached him when he was on the ground and told him to "get up" and "asked my name".

He said he felt "very, very intimidated", adding they were "aggressive" towards him.

One of them, he said, was smoking cannabis and attempted to put it in his mouth.”

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/cyclist-suing-sister-of-regency-hotel-victim-tells-of-intimidation-after-accident-37859525.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Oh what a shame for them...

...Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

kceire wrote: »
    The actual address is plastered all over the news. I’m
    Sure you can copy and paste it into google maps.

I used it live just up the road from it, lovely houses and road one of the best in Crumlin. We were renting it off a friends family who'd moved down the country, one of us should have bought it.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3270253,-6.307098,3a,57.9y,82.16h,93.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smeVm5wzGb2_3Ba81dpcY9Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

You should see the areal view of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭LotharIngum

The council (I mean us tax payers) will buy it and rent it for a fiver a week to one of the Byrnes family members on the council list. Guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Teepinaw

MSVforever wrote: »

No, that was taken by CAB also but that house was owned by a colleague of the BOCG... It was bought for 125k and had 250k worth of alterations done to it.

Advertisement