Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It never ceases to amaze me different people’s interpretations of what warm is. It’s a hugely personal thing obviously. I love warm weather but I’m no sense have I thought any of the days over the weekend or today were warm. Like I said it’s all relative I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Pangea wrote: »
    Well no snow in Donegal but we did have an earthquake last night, 2.4 on Richter scale, not too shabby!
    Happened not far from me but somehow didn't feel it, lots of reports of house shaking etc
    Reports were at midnight so perhaps the time on map is an hour behind.

https://www.insn.ie/events/

Hah, I was lying in bed last night around midnight and heard what sounded like a low flying plane, rarely see low flying planes around here even during the day so I thought it was strange and checked flightradar24. Didn't show anything so I thought nothing of it but just reading that now it must have been the earthquake!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It never ceases to amaze me different people’s interpretations of what warm is. It’s a hugely personal thing obviously. I love warm weather but I’m no sense have I thought any of the days over the weekend or today were warm. Like I said it’s all relative I suppose.

Wear the right clothes and any day with unbroken sun can be warm..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

About 6 to 7 oktas here near Tralee for much of the day but good sunshine getting through at times, reached a decent 16.1C during a particularly clear spell around 16.00. No rain. A mix of cloud types with a thin veil of cirrus stratus much of the time.

1xF20zf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Why doesn't it cease to amaze you?

Warm is often relative to where you are. If you're sitting at an exposed beach with a strong breeze, you're going to be cold, if you're sitting in my sheltered back garden in the sun with no movement of air, you can be in a T-Shirt.

We're not all going to agree about what warm is, about what weather we like, etc etc, and I don't know how this will continually come to a shock to anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    Shocked to hear the radio news just say most of the country will have rain today.

It's been glorious up here in North Donegal all day. It's like a summer's afternoon now, only being slightly chilly in the shade.

Not a cloud in the sky.

730pm and still beautiful up here.

Still no clouds.

We got lucky today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Why doesn't it cease to amaze you?

Warm is often relative to where you are. If you're sitting at an exposed beach with a strong breeze, you're going to be cold, if you're sitting in my sheltered back garden in the sun with no movement of air, you can be in a T-Shirt.

We're not all going to agree about what warm is, about what weather we like, etc etc, and I don't know how this will continually come to a shock to anyone!

Thanks for that passive aggressive as ever response.

Thanks for that passive aggressive as ever response.

It was appropriate though.

Perhaps, we should both agree not to be shocked at others opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The weekend seemed warmer than the temperature actually reached because the sun is pretty strong in April. I love that kinda weather - hot sun cool breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Orange - Fog warning for Dublin,Carlow,Kildare,Kilkenny,Laois,Wexford,Wicklow,Offaly,Westmeath,Meath,Galway,Mayo,Roscommon,Clare,Cork,Limerick,Tipperary,Waterford

Mist will thicken into fog overnight and will be dense at times.

Valid: Tuesday 09 April 2019 00:01 to Tuesday 09 April 2019 08:00

Issued: Monday 08 April 2019 19:55

Updated: Monday 08 April 2019 19:55

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

no rain in cork city either. Been dry and its warm enough, cloudy but nice.

After an OK day earlier it has turned into a damp murky evening. A night for the fireside.

Love a bit of nighttime fog! So relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Love a bit of nighttime fog! So relaxing.

How does fog relax you?

How does fog relax you?

Fog is often accompanied by windless conditions, coupled with poor visibility I quite enjoy it. I'm not alone here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

Think Dublin had the worst weather today! Dark, damp, wet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fog is often accompanied by windless conditions, coupled with poor visibility I quite enjoy it. I'm not alone here either.

There certainly is something nice about seeing fog in the parks and forests as you pass by at 6 am in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looks like we in the nw are going to have a very nice week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

NIMAN wrote: »
    Looks like we in the nw are going to have a very nice week

Easterly winds are usually very good for you in the northwest if it's sunshine you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

highdef wrote: »
    I see those storms on the satellite. Looks like you could have more thunderstorms going into the early night. You may well have a nice fireworks display later, ya lucky git if you do.
    https://en.sat24.com/HD/en/sp/visual

Meanwhile in North Kildare, it's still as dull as dishwater. And I'm still within a few km of the practically clear skies :(

Nope, no more thunderstorms! Last night was mostly cloudy while today had a cloudy start followed by a mostly sunny afternoon. Cool enough too (mid teens) so perfect for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Status orange fog warning, now that is something I haven't seen in a long while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temperature stayed the same practically the whole night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Status orange fog warning, now that is something I haven't seen in a long while

No fog in Meath. Less visibility yesterday morning. Dry. 8°

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

No fog in limerick either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

No fog in limerick either

nor kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Or north county dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

No fog in the Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nor east Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Not that much fog in the parts of Laois and Carlow I visited this morning, was considerably worse one day last week. I guess there were parts that warranted the orange warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Darwin wrote: »
    Not that much fog in the parts of Laois and Carlow I visited this morning, was considerably worse one day last week. I guess there were parts that warranted the orange warning?
    I live in a fog prone small village in north kildare. Small hills or higher ground in all directions bar west and southwest. there was thick fog the past two mornings with no warnings in place.... not that unusual. With a warning in place for this morning,I fully expected another pea souper but it's just cloudy and there's a serious lack of reports from boards users of fog in their location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No fog in meath just cloudy, over on the coast now, and the sun is out and its breezy

Advertisement