Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gone very dark here in maynooth. Note to anyone driving, roads will be lethal when it rains.

Yeah just had a pretty heavy fall of rain in Naas. Very short lived though.

That smell of the dry ground is wafting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yeah just had a pretty heavy fall of rain in Naas. Very short lived though.

That smell of the dry ground is wafting now

love that smell

that's the quintessential Irish summer smell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

On the train from cork to Dublin, plenty of showers on the way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has been drizzling on and off most of the morning in Castlebar, humidity is currently at 94%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Weather Advisory for Cork and Kerry

Potential for stormy conditions for the southwest later on Friday and early Saturday.

Valid: Friday 26 April 2019 18:00 to Saturday 27 April 2019 06:00

Issued: Wednesday 24 April 2019 12:00

Updated: Wednesday 24 April 2019 12:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭OldRio

Not sure if this is the right place to post but my car was covered in dust this morning. It seems all the cars in the locality are the same.
    Ballinamore area, south Leitrim.
    Talk of Sahara dust?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

OldRio wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but my car was covered in dust this morning. It seems all the cars in the locality are the same.
    Ballinamore area, south Leitrim.
    Talk of Sahara dust?

Yes,same here in Castlebar. A good covering to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Torrential rain shower in Galway city now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Raining in Arklow since about 9
    Mostly light

• Registered Users Posts: 48,200 ✭✭✭✭km79

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Torrential rain shower in Galway city now

We have somehow missed damn near all the rain bar a few lights showers this morning in east Galway
    It’s even brightening up a bit now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a dry first half of the day, it's raining heavy now. Looks very unsettled for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭acequion

Am over in the sunny South East and it's the most miserable day imaginable. The feckin Atlantic must be missing me to say it's following me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There's rain just stuck over north Clare/ south galway for the last few hours and its incredibly annoying and persistent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Missed all the rain here near Tralee today, was raining in Tralee but not out my way. Cooler this evening and had the fire back

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feel very chilly this morning, ground wet after overnight rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Horrible afternoon here wet cold and starting to get windy. Looks like we are paying for then 4/5 nice days we got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The forecasting goes very quite here when there is an event. What's it looking like for the week ahead once this storm passes ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The forecasting goes very quite here when there is an event. What's it looking like for the week ahead once this storm passes ?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=348

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

That's because people create event threads and then don't link to them from the seasonal thread :pac::pac::pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057975260&page=13

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely evening here for now in s cavan.
    Suns out and only a light breeze.
    Temp up to 11c now, highest It's been all day.

• Advertisement

some heavy rain over the past 2 hours, clearing up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Not sure if I'll be available to do M.T.'s forecast in the morning so giving advance notice here in case anybody would like to fill in for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll be available to do M.T.'s forecast in the morning so giving advance notice here in case anybody would like to fill in for me.

If no one is available to do the forecast, I highly recommend this Facebook page for those wanting to check the forecast... it's where MT posts his forecast when he is around I believe so I'm sure his team will be able to take care of the forecast there.

https://www.facebook.com/IrishWeatherOnline/posts/?ref=page_internal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    If no one is available to do the forecast, I highly recommend this Facebook page for those wanting to check their forecast... it's where MT posts his forecast when he is around I believe so I'm sure his team will be able to take care of the forecast there.

Yes, Irish Weather Online consists of M.T., Iancar29, Gaoth Laidir and Oneiric 3 from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yes, Irish Weather Online consists of M.T., Iancar29, Gaoth Laidir and Oneiric 3 from here.

Maybe Villian could do it after his stint on Rte today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭acequion

A truly awful afternoon, evening and now night in Tralee. Howling gusts of wind and rain battering against the windows. A night for November.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

acequion wrote: »
    A truly awful afternoon, evening and now night in Tralee. Howling gusts of wind and rain battering against the windows. A night for November.:(

But the light lasts longer... ;) and we know that May is soon to come, rather than December ..... wish someone would turn the volume down though.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Storm gone so we’re back to the bog standard cold breezy showery weather. Like January with leaves on the trees and after last nights events even that’s uncertain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MJohnston wrote: »
    That's because people create event threads and then don't link to them from the seasonal thread :pac::pac::pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057975260&page=13

Should have clarified, it's the chart threads (up to t120 and FI) that go very quite when we have an event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The weather hasn't been the best over the last few days but I'm kind of happy we have better air quality now.

Advertisement