Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Beautiful sunny day in Galway all day, I'm very surprised. A little cool perhaps, with a cooling breeze making the already low temperatures feel cooler, but the strong sun makes up for this a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible day in my area of meath, rain all day, and feeling very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Beautiful day out here on Limerick, Sunshine and not a breath of wind. Birds singing louder than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

nice in Cork City. Was sunny this morning and is now after clouding over a bit. Warm too and dry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Dreary cold day in Arklow
    Raining on and off all day
    Misty and raining at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

‘‘Twas a horrible day in Meath but it’s actually clearing up now, nice evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Hopefully reverse psychology works for the third May in a row as I predicted poor Mays in 2017 and 2018 :P

I feel like it will be a poor one but I went with a decent one in the contest because whatever is the opposite of my prediction often transpires :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,560 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I feel like it will be a poor one but I went with a decent one in the contest because whatever is the opposite of my prediction often transpires :p

Might want to reconsider your minimum temperature if the charts for the weekend verify :)

Might want to reconsider your minimum temperature if the charts for the weekend verify :)

I've finally managed to stop looking at the charts so I've been totally clueless about FI recently. I think this is my first time to quit looking at the charts since December 2017! I've revised the minimum down a bit.

On another note, it wasn't too bad a day in Dublin, missed out on most of the rain but it was cloudy and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

I have to say the weather for the past few weeks bar an odd day of rain and wind here and there has been much better than average in the west in my opinion. Another lovely day again today. Really hoping for a decent summer as always so we can all stock up on some much needed Vitamin D 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ™‚

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A lovey clear end to the day here in Castlebar with plenty of brightness left yet. fresh though,10 degrees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another horrible day in Meath, cold rain most of the day. The past week really has been quite unpleasant, fires and heating on from 6pm each evening.

Gonzo wrote: »
    another horrible day in Meath, cold rain most of the day. The past week really has been quite unpleasant, fires and heating on from 6pm each evening.

Going by MT's forecast, at the moment it looks like it's going to get even worse next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Very disappointing forecast if it comes off. Into May and talks of storm tracks cold weather and rain. Nice bright morning this morning total contrast to yesterday chilly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Going by MT's forecast, at the moment it looks like it's going to get even worse next week.

Uuurgh... This does seem to be dragging on at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very disappointing forecast if it comes off. Into May and talks of storm tracks cold weather and rain. Nice bright morning this morning total contrast to yesterday chilly though.

Indeed I have to agree it’s looking awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭alentejo

Roll on a awful May and June. (HOPEFULLY) Payback will be a nice July and August.

alentejo wrote: »
    Roll on a awful May and June. (HOPEFULLY) Payback will be a nice July and August.

How about a nice May June July and August?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

How about a nice May June July and August?

Now your talking..bring it on...

I feel April will be a dry month for most with high pressure returning bringing warmer conditions too. Maybe not quite April 2017 dry standard but dry enough away from possibly the northwest where there could be some rain at times from the jet stream close by.

I feel May will be a cool and wet month. The last time we saw a cool and wet May was 2015. Nature has to balance out sometime with an unsettled May and I think May 2019 will be the one. Although, I do think there could be some notable warmth at one point in May similar to the previous two Mays despite being dominated by cool and wet conditions for the most part.

Overall, a rather average Spring temperature wise with a wet (maybe even very wet) March and wet May offsetting the dry April giving a rather wet Spring.

Just for fun (cannot emphasise this enough).

April was more easterly than I originally had in mind when doing the forecast so as a result, rainfall was above average due to showers or stalled rain bands. UK was mostly dry and warm so not too bad for them, could have been better for Ireland.

I predicted a poor May so we’ll see.

• Advertisement

GFS 0z this morning in FI is about as bad as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Has the Polar Vortex fully broken down yet?

I haven't had a chance to look it up.

I feel we will have a cooler May, June and July and will get warmer late August and September.

No heatwave this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lucreto wrote: »
    Has the Polar Vortex fully broken down yet?

I haven't had a chance to look it up.

I feel we will have a cooler May, June and July and will get warmer late August and September.

No heatwave this year.

:):D

It is cool now for the time of year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

big improvement today after the cold and wet conditions of the past week. Unfortunately the forecast for first half of May is looking brutal. We could be lighting fires till June.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gonzo wrote: »
    big improvement today after the cold and wet conditions of the past week. Unfortunately the forecast for first half of May is looking brutal. We could be lighting fires till June.

no fuel left here since March.. I will admit to HWBS... But yes, very chilly

Today started well in that it was bright and sunny. Now we’re back to the usual cloud and rain threat. Thankfully summer isn’t until June 1st as we all know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Been lovely and sunny all day here in North Dublin

Rain due later though I believe

I was tempted to see just how bad the charts look :D . Yesterday's ECM 12z looks absolutely shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I was tempted to see just how bad the charts look :D . Yesterday's ECM 12z looks absolutely shocking!

Explain please??

• Advertisement

Explain please??

It ended off with a dartboard low right over top of Ireland. Before that, a nice Bank Holiday weekend and Monday if on the cool side.

Advertisement