Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Absolutely freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Felt more like Feb than May 2day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

highdef wrote: »
    I had a BBQ two weekends ago, when temperatures got to 22c in the garden. Had I not worn shorts and a t-shirt and instead worn jeans and a jumper, I would've been way too warm. I dress for the weather at the time, not for what month it is. Why would you want to avoid making use of fine warm weather outside of meteorological summer?

I could just imagine the reply I'd get if I had been invited to a BBQ by friends two weeks ago when we had that lovely weekend and I say that "I couldn't possibly go because it is April and it's just not right to have a nice time in the garden with family or friends in April..... June, July and August are the only permissable months for such activities. From June 1st, I will be able to join you but not before then because it's just wrong." I'd be a laughing stock and rightly so!

You're also saying that you are finding it very pleasant in your conservatory. Of course you are. You're indoors with no breeze and the room is trapping nearly all the solar radiation that is passing through the glass plus we're less that 7 weeks from the summer solstice..... So of course it's pleasant in your greenhouse. It is absolutely incomparable to the weather outside.

Just what is your problem that you have to go on a rant if someone says something you don't like?

Is it really that hard for you to accept that someone else might not actually want to dress in high summer beach weather in Spring? Or might not feel like eating in the garden in the chilly April evenings? Because April evenings are cool even if the day was fine because it's still only spring! Or in your world must everyone have the same point of view? And must everyone do and dress the same? How narrow minded :rolleyes:

And yes it is fantastic in my conservatory.And yes actually I do know that it's incomparable to the weather outside. But I like it. Why have you a problem with that?

Each to his own as I said in my post, too bad some people just can't live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Last few days have been perfectly acceptable in the West, temperatures are cool, but if you're in a sheltered spot with the sun on you it gets very warm indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bitterly cold out here this morning. met ie admits to 2 degrees. west mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Sitting in my car in Liscannor and the oceans flat calm along with a gentle swell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

What a beautiful morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Chilly morning but stunning sunshine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Perfect day for me to sow some grass seed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Bright but cold very cold out of the sun. March more than May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Bright but cold very cold out of the sun. March more than May.

I'd disagree, and purely because of the sun. You can get these temperatures whenever, but you only get this sun at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic day in east Galway
    There is a breeze but I’m sweating in it doing he Lawn

Overall it’s been an unbelievable run of weather for nearly 12 months bar March

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'd disagree, and purely because of the sun. You can get these temperatures whenever, but you only get this sun at this time of year.

As you keep saying it’s individual perspective. I personally find it quite cold out and looking around most people have jackets on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Sunshine... and a nip in the air in East Galway. :( The stronger sun usually adds warmth but it’s struggling to do so here today. It’s currently 10c. That’s cold for a sunny May day at noon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

km79 wrote: »
    Fantastic day in east Galway
    There is a breeze but I’m sweating in it doing he Lawn

Overall it’s been an unbelievable run of weather for nearly 12 months bar March

You wouldn't be sweating in it in Arklow with a 30kmh breeze off that icy sea!
    Very low humidity
    Currently 38% !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just seen this.. thought it must be an old one but today.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/0504/1047457-roads-m50-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

As you keep saying it’s individual perspective. I personally find it quite cold out and looking around most people have jackets on them.

Indeed, I'm sun bathing on a sun lounger in my back garden the past hour wearing just a pair of boxers. Very sheltered garden facing south to South West and have no breeze whatsoever, enabling the warmth to build within the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Another beautifully sunny day in Tralee, if a bit chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Amazing day in Dublin 5, sunny and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely day out today if on the cool side, 12c now.
    Anyone else notice more Saharan dust on cars today?
    Must be sand that was blown up to Scandinavia from the Sahara over a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice sunny day but it's quite chilly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cold night in store.

Met Eireann going for a widespread frost -2C to +2C

nmm_uk1-41-17-4_ljv4.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very chilly now, fire lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Amazing day in Dublin 5, sunny and cool.

Been a while since I've seen a clear blue sky that is purely blue and not hazy! It was beautiful in Malahide Park with little cloud. Sunset should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Long shadows, blue skies, nice sunset ahead....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭esposito

Cold night in store.

Met Eireann going for a widespread frost -2C to +2C

nmm_uk1-41-17-4_ljv4.png

If this weather happened in January we’d probably be looking at 3-6 degrees C by day and lows of -5 to 0 at night

Nice afternoon in the sun here felt very pleasant. Sun gone in now and it’s cool. Nice day overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Been a while since I've seen a clear blue sky that is purely blue and not hazy! It was beautiful in Malahide Park with little cloud. Sunset should be good.

Today was much better than the February and April very mild spells combined in my opinion. Like I always say, I really don't care about high temperatures, proper sunshine is what I look for at this time of year. Breaking heat records interests me only for the sake of breaking a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

sryanbruen wrote: »

myself and my young lad might have strolled past you at some point... :)

was lovely there today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Absolutely stunning on the Aran Islands today. Wall-to-wall sunshine, but a very cold breeze. Got well burnt. Visibility this afternoon was the best I've seen in a long time. From Inis Mór I could see Carrantouhil no problem, 140 km away. Nearby Mace Head was reporting 45 km. The Cliffs of Moher looked stunning in the evening sun.

Advertisement