Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut in trouble

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh it's not working for me this morning. Typical, I was hoping to avail of the better exchange rate but can't now :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Bit worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Well this doesn’t look good. I’ve been with them since day one (when they first launched in Ireland around August 2015) - I hope this is not the beginning of the end......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can't transfer money out or even withdraw from my vault.

They trying to stop a run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭wallpapers123

Anybody able to withdraw from ATM?

Wheety wrote: »
    Can't transfer money out or even withdraw from my vault.

They trying to stop a run?

They say its to do with scheduled maintenance but ye optics look terrible with CFO resigning and the money laundering investigation

Just did now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

ATM withdrawals are fine for now I just took my money out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Urgh, was just about to transfer a lump in prep for a trip next week. Only a few quid currently in the account so no panic on that front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Oh sh1t. How much can you take out of an ATM per day?

caff wrote: »
    Just did now

How much did you withdraw?
    I have about a grand..
    Is there any limit?

Tried transferring a small amount through the app.. seems to be working now.. but it takes a 1-5 business days so will have to wait..
    Better to withdraw from ATM to be on the safe side..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just transferred the few quid I had left on it back to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Genius2013

Revolut current account balances are protected by the FCSC so as long as you don't have greater than £85k you should be ok - may have to wait a while to get it back though if the worst comes to the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Working for me now.

How much did you withdraw?
    I have about a grand..
    Is there any limit?

200 not sure of what the limit is

Just transferred over 500 out to my N26. It had been building up in my vault and was planning on transferring it soon anyway. Will start again next week.

Wheety wrote: »
    Just transferred over 500 out to my N26. It had been building up in my vault and was planning on transferring it soon anyway. Will start again next week.

Are you able to see the amount in your bank account?

They are saying the problems are fixed now on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Genius2013 wrote: »
    Revolut current account balances are protected by the FCSC so as long as you don't have greater than £85k you should be ok - may have to wait a while to get it back though if the worst comes to the worst!

https://www.revolut.com/help/more/security/is-my-money-safe
    "Client funds are stored under a segregated trust account at Barclays/Lloyd's. Your money is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. As an FCA authorised institution, Revolut safeguards your funds as per FCA requirements, the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, and the Payment Services Regulations 2017. In the event of an insolvency of Revolut, you will be able to claim your funds from this segregated account and your claim will be paid above all other creditors.

All your card transactions are processed by the Mastercard, Maestro, or Visa network and are protected by Mastercard, Maestro, or Visa rules."

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭irelandrover

i just managed to transfer out my balance. It should be in my account monday.
    hopefully this was just a glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bad_robot

i would say the app going down alongside with the twitter report was just bad timing for the company.

They're not actually. The Llyods (I think) account where the funds are 'ringfenced' is covered. That's if Llyods go down.

If Revolut goes down, you can claim against the ringfenced account.

They don't yet have their European banking licence which would cover our funds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think today’s outage is just bad timing and unrelated to the press that’s also come out at the same time.

Keep in mind your money is still protected to some degree if they go belly up.

Is the news really that bad? By banking standards it’s nothing!

This article ain't helping things: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/revolut-trade-unions-labour-fintech-politics-storonsky

Their public image is certainly taking a battering. Seems to be a pretty toxic working culture. One of their key appeals is differentiating themselves from pillar banks is through this clean, progressive image. This doesn't appear to reflect reality.

Are you able to see the amount in your bank account?

It's not an instant transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Problems settin up new beneficiarys today too. Too many issues with Revolut to store too much cash with.

I'd certainly be wary for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Update from Revolut (about the CFO and the reg issues, not the app issues)

https://blog.revolut.com/let-me-sec-the-record-straight/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Could you please point me to your source for this?

Revolut does not offer a current account yet they still are an electronic money issue and funds in your wallet are electronic money which is not covered under the FCSC scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

My transfer from last night just went through.

Advertisement