Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Can't be much more than a week or two longer for the first few orders at each dealership....fingers crossed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Her's was a very early order pretty much as soon as the book opened.

22 Borns registered in July, more than all the other months combined.

Yes I was a day too early checking the registrations!

What's that, about 2 per dealership, with a couple of locations getting 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

396 ID.3s! 6,532 units shipped across VW Group in July, the highest this year after 4,749 in January. Fingers crossed production starts to get ahead of schedule when they resume.

At least getting quotes for chargers is a slow process so that will keep me busy for now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Looks like my ex should be picking her car up either tomorrow or on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

reconciliation time ? ( apologies if it still raw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Saw one in Dungarvan a few weeks back, looks nice in fairness. Can I be very nosey and ask people what they're paying for them?

I believe prices will be up a few grand for any new orders, but anyone ordering before now they would start at €38,160 for the 58kWh and pretty decent spec on them, very little needed to be added unless you want particular seats or wheels or the fancy tech stuff.

Price isn't guaranteed as VRT relief isn't applied until the car lands but mine will be approx €42k with 20" hurricane wheels, grey electric seats and Tech L pack which was changed to be included as standard, worth it for the extra parking sensors that comes with park assist though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

One of the VW group car carriers is en route to Dublin from Emden. Due in Dublin port on Thursday morning. Hopefully, there's a load of Borns on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

My dealer confirmed today that ours is on board.

Good news!

When did you order? Is your dealer in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

Ordered early April. Dealer in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

So mine landed at the weekend. The Aurora Blue is a sight to behold, particularly in the sunshine. Mine has now been in 2 heavy downfalls of rain and this photo was taken at dusk tonight:

Lovely.

Getting impatient myself. Still waiting for my dealer to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I bought an aurora blue Born today, delivery expected end of Sept

Ah Jaysus!. I ordered in February and my dealer still hasn't confirmed anything other than the build week was 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dunnerc

• Advertisement

This was an unsold dealer order, I'm not even sure of spec apart from its Aurora blue and has 18 inch wheels.

End of September was what was said to me, I've no proof or anything though so who knows

I hope I'm not going to see a load of Irish orders getting delivered ahead of my 1st of March order, it's bad enough seeing people on the German forums still getting them ahead of us!

Is the factory back open now or is it still Wk32? Can never remember what week number the factory is on.

It's a serious head turner. I've had countless motors over the years and never seen anything like the reaction I've had to this one in only 4 days. Aside from general looks I've had 2 people actually stop me to admire it and ask what it was. The lady who told me it was 'pretty' meant well (she did say she wasn't a car person tbf!)

Post edited by sy_flembeck on

Which wheels do you have? I went completely on impulse and just booked the one they had on order! Delighted it was aurora blue though that seems to be a gem of a colour

@ Buddy Bubs

19" Typhoon Copper. If it's a case yours hasn't got copper wheels but you fancy them vinyls can be had from the UK via the owners site there

Mine has 18s I'm not even sure which ones they are or if the copper would suit them. Yours look very well. If they do that's a great option thanks and I'd certainly look into that.

Edit: I imagine I have the cyclone style wheels going by the cupra configurator

As it was taken outside my gaff this one has had the bejaysus cropped out of it but it still shows the blue off well:

The blue is a lovely colour. I'd say it will really pop after a wash or on a clear day.

Also curious if people are getting free floor mats? It seems pretty much everyone on the Facebook group and Cupra forums are.

• Advertisement

Which Facebook group and forums are you looking at? I'm aware of seatcupra.net but that's pretty quiet on the Born side

Advertisement