Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

My quote has the lovely small print: "...cannot provide price protection for orders which increase in price because of Manufacture, Government Taxation, Subsidies, or Incentives." & "Deposits are non-refundable – If Circumstances change, where manufacture cancels the order, we will refund deposit."

Basically our only recourse in case of a price hike is to walk away from the order (and probably the deposit), and get to the back of the queue for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Car is at the port! Should be 3-4 weeks to land at the dealer. No mention of price increases, if there was an additional €2-3k increase coming my way now would definitely be the time to mention it! It would be very poor form to mention it when the car arrives and scheduling a pick up day.

To save anyone going through the thread: Ordered 1st of March in Dublin, given a WK29 production but saw forum posts indicating there was about a week delay then the summer holidays kicked in at WK30-32 and now we're here. So anyone with similar production shouldn't be too far behind, hopefully.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Thanks for the update , I was told build week 33 , so hopefully due a month or so after yours .

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Vapor Grey, 20" hurricane wheels, grey dinamica seats and Tech L without Safelock.

• Advertisement

Similar to mine. I got the sun roof, heat pump and beats as well.

Still no confirmed build date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Does build week mean start of build or completed build? Or is that the same week? How long does a car take to build anyway....just realised I haven't a clue if it's a day or a month!

I'm still told by my dealer that the car I ordered 2 to 3 weeks ago will be delivered before end of Sept but they also say its not built yet, i took them at their word but this thread puts the winds up me....really looking forward to the car to be honest.

I believe a car could be partially built and awaiting parts. Build week only assigned when completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

The build is started that week. There’s like 4 or 5 steps in the build process. The deadlier can see exactly where it is on the system.

Just did a bit of research and it seems mass produced cars only take about 2 days to build from start to finish and a lot of that is waiting for paint to dry.

Although as you say waiting for parts is a new phenomenon recently so may affect it. I must ask them for the build week now I know a bit about it from reading this thread and form my own expectations. I've only ever bought 2 new cars but they were in showrooms already when I bought. Wasn't the shortage and nonsense that's going on now around the world that's for sure

• Advertisement

Build takes 2-3 days I believe although some have been waiting for the final paint stage recently.

There could be delays due to certain spec, i.e Beats was delayed in the early Summer I believe. Matrix LEDs were actually removed from some trims of ID.3/4 for a while. I don't believe there's any part delays at the moment aside from the ongoing 360 camera which was removed from the extras and couldn't be ordered anyway.

This is the thread on the German forum I've been following. Don't get too disheartened if you see someone with a May/June order getting delivered already! It's useful to see any delays and updates on the factory. https://www.born-forum.de/forum/thread/1-cupra-born-forum-wartesaal-bestellen-2021-lieferzeit-2022-2023-kauf-elektroauto/?pageNo=504

Mine only has the Aurora Blue paint and tech L without safelock as extras so hopefully not affected.

I'm kinda disappointed it has the 18 inch cyclone wheels and not the 19 inch typhoon but I'm sure I'll learn to live with them.

Lack of other options I'm not too bothered about, the aurora blue was the one option I really wanted and I got it, but I do hope the speakers are of good quality, I had upgraded bose system in car I have just sold and quality was really excellent.

Any current owners care to share views on sound system, I didn't really pay any attention to it on test drive I had it off mostly.

You'll probably be able to pick up wheels at some point if you want, I believe there's a UK Seat parts website. I know VW Germany has a website where you can buy everything on the cars from wheels to door sills etc. Just keep an eye out for the Cupra ones.

I drove the ID.3 before so I went into the Born test drive specifically for the sound system and the quality/fit and finish and wasn't distracted by the fun of driving an EV. Sound system is decent, obviously hard to tell on a short test drive without listening to 500 different songs over time but I was alone on my test and got to turn it up a bit. It was decent enough that I didn't notice there's no back speakers! There's the two in the door, two in the pillar and apparently one in the middle of the dash. I'm coming from a Golf Mk7.5 which has a really good stock sound system and I didn't feel I needed to spec Beats, although I would have for rear passengers as I carry them occasionally! There's a company selling rear speakers for about 300ish plus whatever labour would be.

Yes I think wheels would only possibly happen when I need a new set of tyres, I often looked at the 19s and 20s on black edition Audi A6 that I just sold and thought they looked better than my 18s but never bothered pulling the trigger. I'd say I'll learn to love them!

Good to hear about the sound being generally good quality my Audi had serious sound and I loved it. I'd use Spotify a good bit in the car, rear passengers will be kids and a dog so they'll be fine without speakers.

You're ok on the price increases having ordered in March. They only allegedly are being backdated to April on orders - though I know someone who ordered in April and they haven't been told of any increase yet

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

The car I traded in had Beats but I didn't bother this time. The system on factory setting sounds awful to start with but it's easily adjusted in the settings. It's still no Beats but it's sufficient.

As regards the wheels, if you're on Facebook join a few of the owners groups. There are folk in the UK selling copper vinyls that seem to come up a treat.

Any chance your order will be on the car carrier due in on Friday?

If the car has been at the port since Monday (possibly even before the weekend) and the Parana left on Tuesday night there's a chance it was loaded, if not the Patara is also arriving on Sunday. I expect the car to sit at the port for a while but both ships are going straight here so hopefully there's also enough room as it's not carrying cars for other countries.

VW Group had a big jump in production recently with 6,400 cars last month so it's possible it could take a little while to be transported and registered at NVD when it does arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Dealer should be able to see if its made the boat and what boat its on. They also have the ability to have cars expedited for delivery when they land in Ireland. when i had my seat in 2021 it landed in ireland on a monday and was delivered to the dealership out west tuesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Look what I got..

Post edited by Dutch Roll on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

That's a lovely hanging basket @Dutch Roll seems like the photo was framed oddly though.

Re-upload. Is that any better?

The hanging basket gets neglected when I have shiny new things to occupy my time!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

For some reason it still looks like a really nice car is the subject of your shot instead of you showing off your horticultural skills

Very nice, same colour as mine due the end of the month. I've the std 18 inch wheels though, yours look great. I'm sure I'll be happy though.

Which dealer did you get that through?

Happy motoring! Love the colour, it seems to really stand out in the light compared to most other metallics.

On the previous page you mentioned you didn't know where your car was, did they give you any updates since or did it just show up and they called you? Some dealers genuinely don't know when a car is arriving at their forecourt!

Any hassle on the price or changes to trade in value given the time that's passed?

Strange one that! Unfortunately my horticultural skills don't extend much farther than mowing the grass. Or mowing the moss in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

We’ll wear stunning colour, seriously considering one for the missus but not with those hurricane rims probably good old 13 inch steelys with nice high profile tyres

My ex is still waiting on her car, it's been stuck at dealers for a few weeks due to an issue with the passenger airbag sensor

• Advertisement

Yes the colour is stunning, but it is way darker than I expected. Looks almost dark green in low light or dull conditions.

I was given an update when the car landed at the port and then again when it was delivered to the dealership. All went very smoothly, no issue with price increases as I was an early order, or indeed on the price of my trade-in. The sales guy was very good in fairness to him. 

Long process, 6 months from order to delivery. Delighted to have it on the driveway now!

Advertisement