Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Did it take long to get from the port to the dealer?

I'm hoping mine is on the ship docking this evening so might call tomorrow or the day after to see if it's there. I don't think the next ships are due for another 2-3 weeks but not familiar with how frequent they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

When did you pick it up? One went past me as I was sitting having a coffee on Sunday on Drury Street in Dublin. You by any chance? First one other than my own I'd spotted in the wild. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Have you got a build week from your dealer yet?

Have you gotten a build week from your dealer yet?

The car is at the port, got my build week back at the end of June (WK29, end of July). Just waiting to see if it arrived on any of the ships this week or if it's still in Germany.

• Advertisement

I had build week 29 also but car was not built then and I still haven't gotten an updated build week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

In preparation for mine arriving hopefully soon, what is given to customers by way of charging cables and cards etc? Do I have to sign up and get my own cards or are they given with the car

It'll be my first EV so I don't have a home charger installed yet but I do have one in work. Is there a granny cable with the car?

For public charging, I can only see myself doing this on cross country spins, I'm Dublin based so I could travel motorways to the west, south and north.

In the event I have to sign up for apps/cards etc, which ones should I go for to use the motorway services?

Or are they universal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

We're picking up ours on Monday. Looking forward to having a spin, well if she'll let me!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

I'm no expert but I signed up for an ESB ecars account, they send out an RFID card although you can just charge pay as you go using the app if you want.

As for other charging providers, I've no idea what's what.

The only apps you need depend on the chargers you're using, EasyGo, ESB, Ionity etc. Plugshare shows you all the chargers in your area and prices. People use A Better Route Planner (ABRP) to navigate longer journeys for chargers as you can select your car, battery charge etc. It's paid to use via Android Auto/Apple CarPlay so people use it to find the charger and use normal Google Maps for the actual navigation.

In terms of cables you only get Type 2 for wall chargers. If you spec the cargo pack you get the false boot floor and that also comes with the 3 pin plug granny cable. You can get these in Screwfix or Mick's Garage.

• Advertisement

Car is at the port in Dublin, given 7-10 days for it to arrive at the dealer. Seriously looking forward to driving a nice car again. I'll be happy to see the back of this Peugeot!

Great stuff! What spec/options have you gone for?

OK I think I'll buy a granny cable so, might be handy if I'm in someone else's house and in need of a charge, wouldn't be fond of asking but for emergencies it could be handy.

So would an esb card be sufficient for a long cross country drive? Would that work in Barack Obama plaza for example?

I'm using a granny cable as I have no charger installed at home yet.

ESB ecars chargers at Obama plaza afaik

Plugshare app seems to be good for info on charger locations etc.

Vapor Grey, 20" hurricane wheels, grey dinamica seats and Tech L pack.

I'm kicking myself for not keeping dynamic chassis control, happy I chose the dinamica seats instead but the cost wouldn't have been huge to keep it. Car will be long term so I was just thinking of the big repair bill when suspension needs to be replaced down the line but the car will likely be paid off and all at that stage so wouldn't be too hard on the wallet. I'm sure it can be retrofitted like most VW Group stuff though so I'll see how I get on.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

I'd say if I do 300kms in a day away from my home and work charging it would be once every 2 to 3 months but have to plan these things. I'll have the car a while before needing to figure it out. There's an esb charging point near my house I can test on to get a feel for it without any pressure or rush

Anyone have a 77 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I’ve had DCC on my last 2 VAG motors, optioned it on the first, was standard on the most recent one and I can probably count on one hand the number of times I changed the setup, more so out of curiosity than an actual need to alter the suspension, you’ll be grand without it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

In the same boat here regarding the wheels! I'm very jealous you got the gorgeous Aurora blue. It's gorgeous. Good luck with it. In the end I made peace with the 18 inch wheels (until I see them I suppose!!) I had an order with 19s, HUD, Massage seats but nothing was moving at all so I too have bit the bullet on a stock car. Let the savings commence sooner rather than later! Hopefully it'll be here this month. Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Advertisement

Lucky you!

I was hoping my car would be here at the same time as yours as we ordered at the same time and had options. Still waiting.

Best of luck with yours.

Where did you order from Izzy? Have you heard anything from your dealer?

Oh right, six months since my order so I'm way out of date.

Got emailed the SEAI form earlier, I see the VRT relief is €3k. I thought it was based on the full price of the car which wouldn't have left much relief due to tapering off but it's based on the post-SEAI grant. On a €48,500 list price I was expecting €42k but it's coming in at €40,400. Happy days.

Same dealer as yourself I think in Dublin? I only ordered at the beginning of the week (after much indecision - the wheels, the colour, what to do 🤣 they're saints to have put up with me!) End September is what I'm hearing and they said they will keep me updated. They've been really good so far anyhow. I've waited a long time before from order to delivery of a new car and it really does take the good out of it so I hope it's not too long 🤞🏻

Thats my rough quote there, not an invoice

I'm guessing that could come down by another 500 so if the VRT rebate is 3000

FAO Buddybubs - Same dealer as yourself I think in Dublin? I only ordered at the beginning of the week (after much indecision - the wheels, the colour, what to do 🤣 they're saints to have put up with me!) End September is what I'm hearing and they said they will keep me updated. They've been really good so far anyhow. I've waited a long time before order to delivery of a new car and it really does take the good out of it so I hope it's not too long 🤞🏻

• Advertisement

Is yours vapor grey?

I had the choice of the aurora blue or vapor grey they only had 2 available, apart from that i think the cars are identically specced. So I think it might have been my car and your car, we should be collecting at the same time. End Sept they told me too. I have my doubts now because I haven't heard anything.

I ordered around the 20th August I think, can't remember exact date.

Advertisement