Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

At last! Enjoy and best of luck to you in it. Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

One thing to keep in mind is when it says there's updated/new settings don't apply them, it seems to reset your settings. I noticed my ambient lighting wasn't staying as the colour I picked. I've ignored it, now it seems to have gone away.

Also add the heated steering wheel to your notification screen shortcut so you don't have to go to the climate screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Has the grant and VRT rebate been applied to price shown on website? price is from € 46,980

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dunnerc

My new Cupra Born has finally arrived at the dealer

😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Congrats, mine only landed Tuesday and I collected today so you're very close. It might make sense for them to register tomorrow which is end of a quarter so you might be driving it the weekend

Mine was just under 50k less 7500 grants do on the road price of just under 42500.

58kw, 204bhp, aurora blue (800 euro) and tech L pack (250 euro) the only options

How exciting for all the new owners! Good luck with your lovely shiny new wheels 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Same as if you were changing the wiper, pop off the cover, undo the bolt and take the wiper off. Put it back on again above the other one.

* May not work as expected of course!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

Thanks Izzy, you shouldn't be long behind now. I think they said they have 1 or 2 left to deliver and then it's just taking orders for next year. Everything good so far, enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭KCross

May not work as expected of course!

That's a critical point there.... are you saying you haven't tried it or know of someone who has?

I wouldn't want to be the first one to try it and mangle the arms. I'd like to hear that it definitely works first.

Izzy i drove past dealer today and they have a 222KE registered vapor grey in it, would that be yours by any chance?

After 3 days with the car, very happy and anyone I've shown it to has been impressed too. Used my work charger yesterday and a public charger today, just to get into the swing of using them and they're all fine, easy to use.

Only real annoyance so far has been the volume control on steering wheel, it's not great. And the temp sliders too but I haven't had to use them much. Lack of lining in door pockets might be something I'll have to address too, I'm sure I can get something made up to stop items rattling and sliding on the plastic.

I noticed range drops by about 30kms if Aircon is turned on so that'll be a consideration on certain journeys.

I've used the radar cruise control which is the first time I've had it on a car, easy to use and works well. I've also used the autonomous parking for parallel parking. Whether I continue to use it or if it just becomes a party piece to show people I'm not sure.

Everything else great so far, quiet, comfortable, getting the hang of the infotainment too, there's a load in there I'll never use but good to learn it. Sound is good from basic speaker system, mainly using Spotify through android auto.

Got it Thursday lunchtime by Friday lunch I had 175kms on it doing a few work runs and messing around Thursday evening and had 50% battery left, I topped it up to full on the 10kw work charger Friday afternoon in under 3 hours. That looked like 350kms range doing basic maths, including testing the acceleration.

Today I took it on 200km mainly motorway drive and there was 33% battery left so looks like 300kms odd range on motorway. Went to the public esb charger near me just to see how it works and it went up to 52% in about 15mins, I don't need much range tomorrow so just stopped it at that happy I now know how to use them and I'll charge Monday in work for free.

The lane assist caught me out a few times but I'll get used to that and I think its a good feature to be honest.

Android auto reading out WhatsApp messages and the ability to respond by using voice is a feature I'll use frequently for sure, when alone in the car of course!

Lastly, so far I like the B mode for extra regen braking in day to day driving, it's set well to just lose a bit of speed required for bends as well as the smugness of getting a tiny bit of range back for free. So easy to switch between B/D when required anyway.

Most people find themselves going back to D mode as it's more efficient to coast than to just regen all the time. I have to say I really like the smart regen, especially when coming up behind traffic.

Today I discovered auto high beams work at very low speeds. In my Golf when I turned on auto high beams I had to hit 60kph for them to activate. Now they come on at 30kph as I discovered driving down the single lane leaving my sister's house in the middle of nowhere.

Not mine I'm afraid..I'm still waiting at the dock for the boat to come in 🤣.

Thanks a million for that great review, especially when it's the same spec as mine.

I always turn off the lane assist as soon as I sit into my car.. drives me mad. It's very sensitive and not much use on a lot of the roads I'm on.

You'll get used to the lack of buttons. I would love if they backlit them bit they're obviously not listening to the complaints.

That range seems pretty good! I like the B drive. I use it a lot on the ID4.

It's mad how much range drops with Aircon alright! I suppose it's just that we can actually see the figure drop dramatically?

How are the wheels 🤣🤣 I'm still having difficulty with the look of them on the car overall!! So shallow I know!

Glad you're happy with it. I'm having niggling doubts but this has really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Android auto reading out WhatsApp messages and the ability to respond by using voice is a feature I'll use frequently for sure, when alone in the car of course!

Why only when your buy yourself. The sister has that feature in her Clio and she uses it whether there is someone in the car ir not.

As long as its that a very private message of course. Would not want someone to gear them. That I understand.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Won't work. The passenger side wiper starts to move before the driver side so they would hit eachother if you just unbolted the wiper and reinstalled it at slightly different position.

A little help please!

I've been through the manual section on locking/unlocking the car but can't figure out what's happening when I want to lock the car with the remote.

When I press the lock button, it does not lock. I have to press several times before it actually locks.

Am I missing something? Maybe to do with safelock?

Thanks.

Mine locks 1st time every time. Is it the keyless entry or comfort entry or whatever its called catching you out?

I just did it there, left the keys in the house and walked up to car and couldn't open it

Then I got my keys, walked up to car with them in my hand and could open it without pressing anything on remote, just 2 pulls of the handle

This may be more of an android auto question than a cupra Born question, but when I'm using Spotify in android auto, where is the magnifying glass pr search box where I can just type name of what I want to play? There's an a-z button which brings up keypad but only allows me to search their categories and not the entire database

• Advertisement

I just put my hand in slowly as if I'm gonna grab the handle, takes a second or so to unlock and then pull the handle to open the door.

Does anyone know if you can unlock the car via the app?

Android Auto Spotify, you can only search your own library as far as I know. If my girlfriend wants to throw on something she has to use the phone. It's very limited in what it can do outside of your own offline music.

Regarding keyless, place your hand on the inside of the door handle to unlock momentarily before pulling the door open. If you grab the handle to open like a normal door chances are you're also pressing the lock sensor on the outside of the handle.

The app also can't lock or unlock the car unfortunately. Had to go downstairs and lock the car after I left it open one night. Also don't get caught out with the car locking automatically, it only does this if you're beside the car and it can detect the keys and you don't get into the car. If it knows you're hanging around the car it will lock but if you walk away from it unlocked, it will stay unlocked!

Post edited by DaveyDave on

That's is the same for me except it doesn't lock first time.

Anyone know about the charging rates yet? I assume the charging curves are the same as the 58kWh ID3 .

Charged at an ESB ecars and it was very slow. SoC was very low, however, I thought the "emptier" the battery the quicker it charged...?

Looked like it was charging at only around 25kW.

24.95 kW to be precise. Must be the low starting SoC.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Low SOC should have given you a faster charge providing the battery temp was good and you were lower than 14% (someone will know the exact %).

What was the e-cars unit location? some are known to be poor performers - arrive at IONITY at less than 10% after a decent run and you should see near 100 kw dc delivered - or near 135 kw dc if you got a 77…that’s with all variables going to plan -24.95 kw dc is slow - was it an e-cars 50kw or 150kw charger ?

It was ecars at Portlaoise plaza. 50kW.

Arrived at 8% after a good run so the battery should have been plenty warm.

That's odd, pretty sure SoC just needs to be under 20%. There's a setting somewhere in the car or app to reduce charging current I wonder would that have been on?

Yea I know the setting you mean, it wasn't enabled.

I was at the same charger last month and got an average power of 47.6kW.

• Advertisement

If its persistent I'd contact the dealer, I can't see that being a settings issue to be honest. Mine is flawless from a good distance away.

Do you have same problem with both keys that came with it?

Advertisement