Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I wouldn’t worry, try it at another 50kw dc when you have time, highly likely it’s the charger ..(was a leaf plugged in taking Some of the power ?, not sure if those ones load share)

I was going to say try it on the 150kw charger in the Portlaoise Plaza but thats limited to 50kw …..eye roll …

Think off the top of my head 14% or under was the magic figure with a 21 deg battery temp, Mad_Lad has tested this and has the figures I think, might be worth asking the id3 lads 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

A Born lying idle for immediate delivery if anyone interested:

Used 2022 (221) CUPRA BORN 204BHP (58kWh) in Cork (carzone.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I hope that price is a mistake because even with the price increase a new one is €40,800 and this is also 221 reg...

For that price you'd get the eboost 231hp which has 19" wheels, electric seats and the HUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Pricing advertised are inconsistent whether they include grants or not.

Ķnock 5k SEAI grant off that and you're looking at about the right price for a pre reg 221...although i can't figure out how there's a pre reg 221 car knocking around that hasn't been used as a demo in Oct, but could be reasonable explanations.

Worth looking into alright if someone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Yes there was a leaf plugged in at the same time. Maybe that was throttling the power. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I'm plugged in at an esb charger at the moment, its 43kw or so it says. There's a phev outlander plugged in before I got here. Car says charging at only 10kw, is that a result of sharing with the phev? 43 would be great, 10 a bit of a waste of my time.

If the outlander leaves will it speed up?

I'm not stuck though, just testing out really

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Are you plugged into the AC connector (the one that looks like your charging cable) or the DC

You need to use the connector that looks like this (it's called CCS) to fast charge your car. On some ESB chargers you can't use two DC cables at the same time. The Outlander will be using CHAdeMO which is also DC and could be preventing you from getting a CCS charge.

The AC cable supplies power to your cars on-board charger, your car is limited to 11kW, so cannot take advantage of the 43kW available. Those cables are primarily for pre 2020 Renault Zoe's which have a so called FastAC ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Exactly.

To which id add that if it looks like the socket doesn't match on your car with the CCS then there's a flap/cover you can pull off

Sorry for the way the photos are but both are the same car - my Ioniq.

The top one you can see how the CCS as per previous post *will* fit.

Bottom photo shows the flap in place as you would see it after taking out the AC cable.

Thanks lads, yeah that was it. Still getting the lingo but I couldn't use the other DC while he was there. He came out a few mins after I posted that and had a chat to him. He pulled away then and I put it on fast charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Parked my Born in Wexford town earlier and had to double take when I came back and spotted this Quaser Grey. Just out of the box I'd say if the reg plate is anything to go by.

Anyone here?

• Advertisement

First day the sun has really shone on my aurora blue so I could see how it looks in sunlight, very nice indeed

Is it possible to default lane assist off on startup? I can of course turn it off each journey but would like to have it defaulting to off. I've tried it for a week now and just don't like it at all.

It's on by default for regulations, just like start stop engines are. You'll need to code it out with an OBDeleven dongle.

I'm actually surprised at how non obtrusive it is, I was expecting it to throw me all over the road but it's fairly gentle in fairness, and doesn't ping at you constantly like the Korean cars apparently do.

Is there anything in the smart assist options (I think that's the name) to make it less annoying?

Just a couple of spots I drive regularly it doesn't like. It's not the worst I just don't like the sensation of car arguing with me

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubhurler4

Hi Folks, I’m trying to figure out the difference between the 4 seater and 5 seater 77kw Born. The specs seem to be the same apart from the different upholstery. Might be a silly question but are there 3 seat belts in the back of the 4 seater? Most of the pictures seem to have 3 seat belt buckles in rear.

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubhurler4

That’s pretty clear. Thanks very much.

How are ye owners getting on with heating the cabin of the Born? Was cold today driving home from work and I found it slow to feel warm, although I was sitting in a cold office for afternoon. I know I can preheat before i get into it but I wont always remember to do so.

Has anyone else found it slow to heat?

I do like a warm car, I did have heated steering wheel on today too which is first time I've had one of those, it's a nice touch.

Is it an electric car thing? My Audi A6 was toasty very quickly any time I wanted it to be.

I haven't noticed the heating being slow. In fairness I've only been keeping it at 18°C as it isn't too cold just yet, I generally keep my car at 20°C in the thick of Winter. My petrol Golf took a good 5 minutes to start heating up but the Born seems to heat up by the time I'm leaving my estate and onto the main road.

I know with electric cars people tend to keep the cabin heat on the low side and let the steering wheel and seat do most of the heating as it's more efficient and they're also quicker to heat up.

I've noticed preheating isn't that quick. Thursday morning was colder than expected at 4°C so I set the car to heat 18°C at 6am and it didn't feel that warm when leaving at 6:20. This was on battery power, not sure if plugged in would be any quicker but I probably won't bother with preheating as the car is quick enough to heat up when driving, I'll save it for mornings where the car is icy. You can set a schedule for heating in the app so you don't have to do it manually all the time.

Have you got climate set to auto? If so is it set to level 2 or 3 so it's pushing more heat out?

Post edited by DaveyDave on

I think I've got it sorted now. Was just that one day I think I couldn't get any heat into myself. All going well so far.

Had first little glitch of the infotainment screen yesterday I couldn't get from the main displayed app to the home screen (the one with the 3 slanted lines) the icon was there on bottom left corner but was unresponsive. I was only on a short trip to the shops but it was fine on the way back.

• Advertisement

I've had something similar, completely unresponsive softkeys on the screen. Couldn't access the radio, nav, air conditioning, nothing. Turns out you need to actually select if you are a saved user or a guest user before anything will respond. If you just get in and drive then you're stuck.

I've also had a few issues with the charging routines. Working grand up to a few day ago. Now it starts to charge immediately after I get out of the car and plug in, despite me having charge at preferred times set for every day.

Otherwise, still absolutely loving the car. And the approx 85% reduction in my weekly commuting cost.

Yes I'm the only registered user on it so all settings are my own, I don't usually go out of my way to select anything when starting off unless I'm looking at the screen unless I specifically want to change radio/Spotify or climate. I'll keep an eye on that in the future.

Yeah I didn't select my profile once and it seemed to be very slow. Also when I plug the phone in and go to the home screen it gets laggy as it's trying to launch Android Auto, I just need to wait a second for it to connect on screen before doing anything. Not a big deal and overall pretty responsive, sounds like we dodged a massive bullet with the ID.3s stuck on 2.3/2.4.

It's a shame we can't have Android Auto navigation on the home screen as I can see the direction arrows in the driver display. It would be nice to have radio/Spotify, navigation then drive mode on the main screen.

I like how I can quickly swipe up from Spotify to the radio and the passenger can easily change stations without having to leave the home screen. Also handy the drive mode page swipes up to park assist, sometimes I activate the parking sensors when sitting in traffic to see if the camera needs a clean.

I've 1000kms on mine now in about 3 weeks and enjoying not going near filling stations. Can't say I've had any charging issues with timing though, all working fine.

Like you were a little while back, I'm not as happy with the colour in these dull days as I thought I'd be. There's nothing wrong with it, just paying twice the price as any other optional colour probably gave me unrealistic expectations of something that a colour can't provide. It also shows dirt quite easily.

Two small things I will say I don't like about the car, driving home in horrendous rain this evening I noticed the side mirrors don't seem to heat up quick enough. Also driving on very wet roads the camera gets covered in water drops so I couldn't actually see our of it, just means a spray of the washer will likely be needed which is a bit annoying but will become muscle memory. It really should have been put under the rear badge hump, since they want to save the badge camera for VW, which I miss!

It will be interesting to see how the heated mirrors clear the ice.

Yes the colour is still an issue for me...800 odd quid extra for the premium colour and its disappointing. I didn't want a green coloured car.

The car didn't charge last night for some reason, must be an extension of the issue with the charging routines I've been having lately.

I had 2 warnings on car this morning, front stability restricted and clear windscreen to recognise road signs

Outside temp gauge was reading 5 deg so maybe they are just related to the cold

The long term energy consumption is sitting at 17kw/100km, if you could call the 1200kms I have covered long term

I presume that will drop now as we go through winter

What are others getting?

I've covered 1,300km and long term consumption is around 16.3kWh, it has crept up now that temps are below 10C the odd morning.

On 20" wheels so will be slightly higher for me. I haven't noticed a huge impact when driving at 120kph as once off the motorway and doing the usual braking for roundabouts or lights would bring consumption back down to what I'm usually getting. Seeing 18-19kWh in the colder mornings although my backroad commute doesn't have much braking so very little to bring consumption down. It will be interesting to see what sort of consumption I'm getting next Feb/March when the proper cold hits. AC/heating on as needed. I don't do much motorway driving, a few runs on the M50 or brief run on the M7.

• Advertisement

I've over 4k km done and I'm averaging 17.2. It's creeping up now with the colder weather. Makes damn all difference to me in the grand scheme of things, I'm not one for marying around with one eye on the consumption figures.

Advertisement