Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Enniscorthy Motor Company in Wexford has gotten a Cupra franchise I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That was me alright. Yours was the third I've seen this week along with two last week. It was 3 months of owning the car before I saw one drive past while out for a walk in my area, now I'm seeing one every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Taking a cupra born for a test drive on Monday. Anything I need to be looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Heater and volume controls below the main screen not being illuminated and therefore cant be seen at night would be the 1 thing I'd warn you about. I've no complaints apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Volkswagen are cutting the price of the ID.3 to under €40k to compete with Tesla, so the Born is likely to follow suit pretty soon

https://news.abs-cbn.com/amp/business/03/13/23/volkswagen-joins-electric-car-price-war

• Advertisement

I'll believe it when I see it, we get shafted when it comes to car prices!

Last time I checked the Born was better value with a lower APR, I wonder if it's the same for 231?

Thats 40k in Germany isnt it? Are we dearer than Germany for EVs? I dont really mind if the prices of EVs come down even after buying one, theres a knock on effect so when I go to trade in 2/3 years the cost to change will be lower

However, I will believe it when I see it too as DaveyDave said

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I picked up my Allue Blue 58 v1 on Monday and have fairly impressed so far. Averaging about 17.2kwh/100km which isn't a million miles away what I was averaging on the Leaf40. The additional range is quite handy - means I only have to charge every second night which frees up our charger for the PHEV to charge on night rate more often.

The Haptic Touch buttons are not really bothering me just yet .. but the infotainment system isn't the most logical thing to use.

It is really different to the ID.3 in driving dynamics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I noticed a big difference today in power consumption due to the temperature. Bodes well for the spring/summer.

Me too. I'm at 13.4 kwh per 100kw since I charged on Wednesday, just normal day to day stuff like always. That's down from long term average of 18.

• Advertisement

I got 13.2kWh/100km driving to work today which is a surprise as the weather hasn't changed much.

I was getting 15-16kWh when I got the car in September and it was fairly warm then, I'd be surprised to see anything under 15kWh with normal driving, AC on etc.

I've the Born 58 about a week and a half now and am really enjoying it. Averaging about 15.5kWh/100km which is similar to what my Leaf40 was returning.

I do have one bug bear - and I'm assuming the answer is no, however, is there any way to have the Lane Assist turned off by default? it is really annoying as I live rurally and it becomes random as to what it picks up as a verge or lane. I do turn it off as soon as I remember or the steering wheel reminds me ... any other car i've had it on I could turn it off by default and I can't seem to find any where I can do this

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Not without coding using the OBDII port. Lane keep assist is part of the active safety systems that helps it get a good EuroNCAP score. If it could be easily disabled it wouldn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Do they have these in stock now or whats the lead in time? like the look of them may go for a test drive..

I picked up an ex demo last week .. there are a few around.

it was a no brainer for me as I just wanted rid of the Nissan leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

We contacted the Enniscorthy Cupra dealer recently to enquire about the possibility of buying the Born eBoost. They had a look around and told us there were two currently available in Ireland. We went down there yesterday and test drove the standard 58kWh and were very impressed with the drive, the quality and the look of the car. This morning we placed an order for one of the eBoosts and it should be ready for collection in Enniscorthy by the end of next week. They also gave us a very fair trade in price for our 201 eGolf.

Maybe ask your nearest dealer to enquire about available stock around the country. There are sometimes cancelled orders to be had.

In the last fortnight or so we also tried both the long range Tesla M3 and the Polestar 2. We preferred the Polestar over the M3 but it was coming in at over 60k which meant there was a price difference of almost 12k between it and the Cupra.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm shocked that the Motor Company gave you a good trade in price. They have always been poor on that front for both myself and father over the last 15 years or so.

I had test driven a Tesla Model Y before christmas and it left me very unimpressed - absolutely nothing about it made me want it. Polestar is lovely but I need a hatchback for dogs. I always loved hot hatches and still shed a tear for my MKV GTi that I sold 12 years ago. While the Cupra isn't quite a hot hatch it is the closest i've felt with an EV.

From talking to the dealer there are plenty in stock throughout the network and they are actively trying to take orders from people waiting in ID.3s

I keep telling myself to turn it off as soon as I get in the car but I never remember until the first time the steering pulls me, I hate it. Unnecessary and I dont see the point of it under certain speeds when it knows you are on a single lane carriageway. I can somewhat see the functionality on a motorway but I just hate it overall. I just have to put it into my starting car routine, in fairness theres not much else to do before setting off is there?

Think of it as the start button, given there's no such thing on the Born 😂

• Advertisement

But there is! Its on the steering column, but obviously don't need to use it. Can use it to power on the car without sitting in the seat, I only found this out trying to use the tyre compressor when I had a flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Yep won't be dealing with one dealer because of the poor trade in value. Like the look of the born. Off to the other dealer near me to see what they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I disagree. I own an ID4 and a Polestar and VAG are lightyears behind the Chinese and Koreans with their EVs. They have a lot of work to do to catch up with the likes of Hyundai and Kia who are making better cars for less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Hi to all

just about to take delivery of a Cupra Born 58Kw Aurora Blue..Migrating from an ID3 Life Pro...

Just wondering what software version should be on the Cupra. Would not take delivery unless it's up to date, and don't want the trouble of return visits to the Dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭n.d.os

It should be up-to-date and any future updates will be over the air.

Anyone having issues with the APP , stuck in Offline Mode, even though the Car is online. Can't send commands to the car at the moment with the APP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Just took Delivery of this Stunning Cupra Born.

Migrated from the VW ID3 Life Pro 58kw.

This is streets ahead of the ID3 both Exterior and Interior wise.

The build quality is supberb, and Yes you just put up with the Software and feeling like Woody Woodpecker delving through menu's and sub menu's to get

the right setting for everyday use. It does feel a lot more responsive, and not at all laggy

Driving is totally different and put's a smile on your face when you floor that pedal, very responsive.

Coming from the ID3 basic, I now have lots of bells and whistles, 360 degree cameras, Park assist, Lane assist, Blind spot monitoring, and a whole lot

more, still experimenting.

The Colour in my opinion, has a mind of it's own..Nice and sunny on sat showed the car as Vivid Blue, as the clouds covered the Sun the Colour changed

to almost Pearlescent Green. Maybe I now need Glasses, but definitely does look different in Bright Sunlight.

Enjoy the car! Definitely a step up over the ID.3, not chavy at all like someone in the ID.3 thread said haha. The few touches of copper on the inside aren't as over the top as some people suggest.

Some tips a lot of people don't notice, turn the auto lights to come on early in the settings, plus wipers on = lights on just so they come on when it's cloudy or shaded. When reversing the rear wiper washer also sprays the camera. This is mainly useful for when it's raining and droplets are on the lens, I find it's easier to just wipe the lens with my finger occasionally when getting into the car. You can also adjust some lane assist settings.

This is my screen setup, the middle tile has changed to drive profile. With the shortcuts on the bottom I don't need to do any fiddling in menus. I can easily get back to the home screen or Android Auto and everything I need is on the home screen. I added the heated steering wheel to the shortcut screen (top right button)

Being on 3.1 is a big step over V2 the ID.3 has been stuck on.

• Advertisement

Same colour I have, it does change how it looks in certain lights, you are correct

Advertisement