Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Interesting.

This video turned up on YouTube earlier from a car dealership who are active on that channel. The RHD demo has landed in the UK pretty much on schedule, so presumably we're not far behind. I did read on another thread on this site that while production at Zwickau has been curtailed it is only PHEVs that have been affected. Maybe we will see our motors this year after all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB8Gkr5WtAg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

White looks well on the car, really love that sharp front bumper design. The Hurricane wheels look class. Very tidy looking interior but still has nice styling details. Interior is still nice and bright even without the glass roof.

Maybe it's because it's a brand new car and not a press car but I think it looks even better in that video than all the reviews I've seen so far. Nice to see it from a RHD perspective. Just hope the screen isn't awkward to use for passengers.

Fingers crossed our demo models aren't far behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Loving that!

Is that a colour we're not getting in Ireland? Also, the seats are gorgeous. Hard to tell if they are the grey Dinamica seats available here... are they? I'm liking the armrest/ski hatch in the rear seats too.

Happy to see the headlight controls are properly mirrored over from the LHD version, unlike the ID3 where they are buried in between the steering wheel and infotainment screen in a pretty awkward location.

Excited to test drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Is that colour not the Glacial White that's available here?

She said it's Nevada white in the video. Probably the same colour.

• Advertisement

I think she said Nardo White but I think it was a mistake. Must be Glacier White metallic?

Good point regarding the light controls on the right side, having them jammed in on the left side like the ID.3 is just cost cutting with the LHD controls.

Interesting that their car has the ski hatch/arm rest as I don't believe that's standard on our regular models, only eboost.

Those are the grey dinamica seats. Tempted to throw them on my order just can't stomach the cost...

Looking at the UK configurator, there are three trim levels for the 58Kwh/204 version. The Dinamica, which is the interior with the ski hatch/arm rests, is only available on the most expensive UK trim level. I think she is reviewing the most expensive V3 trim level.

I bit the bullet and added the Dinamica to my options. Couldn't resist despite the shillings!

Yes she did say V3 alright. I was wondering what that meant.

Those seats look great, it's a toss up between them and the sunroof.....or maybe splash out on both! Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,101 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't forget for every €1 over €40,000 you lose 50c of the VRT rebate.

So if the sunroof is listed at €1,200 it's going to increase the final price by €1,800 as you lose out on €600 of the VRT rebate.

Updated product guide:

Prices have disappeared unless I have missed them on my 2 reads looking form them!

• Advertisement

It's still priced in their configurator. Hopefully, they've just sold their quota for 2022. But with the factory in Zwickau closed, I fear getting a call to say "sorry not able to deliver this year"

I know people were caught out by APR and VRT changes last year which is fair enough but no prices on the brochure probably means a price bump for 222 reg once they figure it out. If the prices go up do we have to take the hit or is the priced locked in with the order?

Oh yea never thought of this.

I'd probably take the seats over the sunroof.

Not sure, but when I was enquiring about the ID3 and the e208, dealers were saying the customer would be affected by any price increases as you only really pay for the car on delivery.

Strictly speaking if they increase the price surely that's a breach of contract so at worst you'd get the deposit back?

That's what I thought also, but not sure you'd get anywhere on that. Certainly not with the dealers I asked, which to be fair only numbered two in this case. Getting the deposit back is about as good as you'd get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Hey all, i haven't been monitoring this thread and just wondering what the state of play is. Expected prices, availability and delivery? I'm assuming similar delays to VW so looking at 222 reg but can you actually secure a car for this date or more likely in 2023?

Also what the price range, configurator online shows about €44k is that fully inclusive of grants?

Use the product guide instead of the configurator, the configurator doesn't include grants. There are huge delays to the Born, and all VAG EVs, as the wiring looms are made in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Waterford dealer just told us he expects to have a demo in sometime next week. Any other dealers with demos available to test drive?

Just spotted this on Carzone. TBF the red looks better than I expected but I fell it does hide the copper a bit. Each to their own though:

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/cupra/born/fpa/202202242917915?journey=Search

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

That’s expensive !

Looks great. I agree that the copper is somewhat less noticeable against the red. I'd say the blue colour will be amazing. Can't wait to see it in the metal and test drive.

That ad is sloppy...photos aren't great and a few mistakes in the text.

Red looks well but I don't think it works with the copper.

To put costs into perspective a 1.5 Leon DSG is €38,000. The stock Born is the same price. The Born ends up being more expensive when you add spec due to the limited VRT relief but also factor in the €800 extra delivery cost for the Cupra Care Pack so your servicing is up front. The cost difference to get into an EV over a standard Leon/Golf isn't too bad and it's cheaper than the €45,000 Golf eHybrid (Leon is still listed at €38k but likely not updated)

Post edited by DaveyDave on

The one in the ad has the 20inch "HURRICANE" black wheels which aren't standard and cost €1062.00 as an option. So would need to know the full spec to see what's included in that price.

At the very least it has wheels €1,062, grey dinamica seats €1,265, Tech L €252 and red metallic €579. €3,158 in options which I believe also reduces VRT relief by €1,579 so the options bring the car up €4,737 (open to correction about the VRT thing)

Is it safe to assume this particular vehicle arrived into the country with all the other demo cars for the other dealers around the country?

So we might get to test drive very soon!

It's possible dealers are just waiting for them to show up on the truck or just didn't get a chance to post a listing before the bank holiday. Usually when I see new cars being delivered It's a batch of the same models so fingers crossed a few of them arrived.

That Sligo dealer has 8 other listings with different colours and prices but no specs or pictures, would they really be listing cars that are ordered without a concrete delivery date?

Yes. James Barry's in Limerick have one in the showroom the past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Saw one in Galvins in Bandon yesterday, it is a pretty gorgeous car, had a lot of interest from people!

• Advertisement

Advertisement